6A D2 R2 Bi-District: Beaumont West Brook at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-1) vs Beaumont West Brook Bruins (7-2)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Beaumont West Brook in a close one
    • Beaumont West Brook in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/18/2017 at 01:00 AM

There's not a single person out there, other than maybe some crazy Lobo fans, that think we can even hang with Klein Collins much less Spring Westfield.

We have too much in front of us for us to even start thinking about the Tigers. But I don't think, if the match up does happen, that it'll be as bad as that beat down that John Tyler suffered last season.

• Like 1

Bi-District games under John King -
2004: W 49-27 at North Garland (Williams Stadium) - Vondrell McGee scores 5 rushing touchdowns in a dominating win over the Raiders. 3 fumbles and 17 penalties kept this closer than it actually was.
2005: L 14-13 v. South Garland (Mesquite Memorial Stadium) - No Lobo fan will ever forget this game. Lobo offense went completely dry and had to settle for two field goals on day. Then a field goal made was wiped out a halftime after a TO by the Colonels after the kick. Then a missed field goal at the end of the game sends Lobos packing.
2006: W 68-0 v. Dallas Bryan Adams (E.H. Hanby Stadium) - Largest playoff victory in Longview history. First team came back out in sweatpants after halftime. Cougars finished the night with -37 yards rushing.
2007: W 34-3 v. Dallas W.T. White (Rose Stadium) - Longview fumbled the ball 6 times, lost it 5. Thankfully we were playing a DISD team which never really tested the Lobos.
2008: W 61-14 v. Jacksonville (Rose Stadium) - Interception return for a TD on the 2nd play of the game told everyone how the game was going to go. Just complete domination.
2009: W 52-9 vs Whitehouse (Lobo Stadium) - Lobos fell behind early in the 1st quarter thanks to a Trey Metoyer bomb. But Wildcats finished the night with -4 yards and stuck on their 3rd or 4th QB as the Lobo defense just kept hammering away.
2010: W 52-28 v. Belton (John E. Kincaide Stadium) - Future Longhorn QB, David Ash, put on a show but it wasn't enough as the legend of Petey Robertson began. Three rushing TDs by the Lobo QB helped Longview to win.
2011: W 24-3 v. Temple (Tiger Stadium) - Turned out Longview's first quarter TD was all that was needed on this insanely windy day in Corsicana. Lobos came out roaring after a 7-3 halftime lead, with 17 unanswered to put it away.
2012: W 27-6 v. Rowlett (John E. Kincaide Stadium) - Rowlett led early with two field goals, but a last second hail mary touchdown gave live to the Lobos. Longview dominated the second half following to run away with the win.
2013: W 46-21 v. Rowlett (John E. Kincaide Stadium) - Lobo defense forced 6 turnovers, got a interception return and a fumble return as the Lobos rolled from the 2nd quarter on.
2014: W 43-42 v. Lufkin (Rose Stadium) - Longview fell behind 28-0 midway through the 2nd quarter before the most unlikeliest of comebacks occurred. Even despite getting stuffed at the goal line to end the first half and going into the dressing room trailing by 21, Lobos never gave up and completed the largest comeback in school history in the final minute of play on a 2-point conversion. Remains the most passing yards in a playoff game, the most pass attempts and the most pass completions.
2015: W 31-10 v. Lufkin (Rose Stadium) - Tied game at halftime, turned into domination of the second half after Lobo defenders forced Lufkin QB out of the game. Longview didn't attempt a single pass in the second half.
2016: L 34-33 at Beaumont West Brook (CA Thomas Multipurpose Center) - Tied 14 at halftime, Lobos came out and took control in the 3rd quarter to lead by 10. The lead didn't last as Longview blew the 10-point margin by fumbling late in the game as they were going in for the kill shot touchdown. Bruins took advantage and the victory with a last 2-minute touchdown to take the lead.

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2017 at 10:40 PM, Mavchamp said:

I'll be pulling for ya'll.

But I'll be on the road headed to Royse City for our game.

Maybe next week!

Good luck to your your MAVERICKS, as well! Looking forward to a weekend of football with you! 😍

GO LOBOS!

I would love to know what the difference between hosting this home playoff game vs how it was in 2009. I'm glad to hear we're hosting as if it's a normal regular season playoff game, with the band/viewettes/students/general admission Longview fans are on the away side and the West Brook group only gets three sections. 2009, we had to give them the entire away side minus the band and viewettes. Wonder what changed.

I'll tell you what....... We've had a small enough sample size of JKameron Riggins in mop-up time to see if he could step in where Jesse Anderson left off. It's worth a shot to see what he can do with the starting offensive line. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I would love to know what the difference between hosting this home playoff game vs how it was in 2009. I'm glad to hear we're hosting as if it's a normal regular season playoff game, with the band/viewettes/students/general admission Longview fans are on the away side and the West Brook group only gets three sections. 2009, we had to give them the entire away side minus the band and viewettes. Wonder what changed.

REALLLY???

When we hosted Klien Oak in the first round in 05 we got to keep our sections on the visitor's side.

We kept it in 2008 when we hosted Kilgore too.

Sounds like WH was just being......difficult.  

Did they even fill what they had up????

3 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

I know the WH history.  I'm surprised they didn't lose a game on purpose just to avoid Lobo.

I believe there was a strange tiebreaker that forced them to come to Longview. I know we watched the Kilgore game that last Friday of the season, expecting to play them in the first round. Something happened that forced them to drop to Division II.