Henderson vs Navasota

Sportsfanatic1

8 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Yes in 2015 long drive for us about 3 hours

I knew I watched Newton and I thought it was against Franklin. If I remember right you guys won that one. Henderson hosted 3-4 playoff games that year but have not hosted one since. That was the same year Henderson went 7-3...beat the district champs...but missed the playoffs so I had plenty of time to watch others play :(

2 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

I knew I watched Newton and I thought it was against Franklin. If I remember right you guys won that one. Henderson hosted 3-4 playoff games that year but have not hosted one since. That was the same year Henderson went 7-3...beat the district champs...but missed the playoffs so I had plenty of time to watch others play :(

Yes we won that game and went on to state and lost to waskom in a hard hitting game.... We moved up to 3a d1 so we prolly wont play in hendo again unless we move back down to d2 and meet newton again... I like playin in hendo got family there i dont see very often

1 minute ago, lionpride08 said:

Yes we won that game and went on to state and lost to waskom in a hard hitting game.... We moved up to 3a d1 so we prolly wont play in hendo again unless we move back down to d2 and meet newton again... I like playin in hendo got family there i dont see very often

If you do get a chance to play here again you will not recognize the stadium. It is under going a complete renovation. Final stage starts next week with new home stands, 1000 seats with backs and a new pressbox. Parking will still be lousy though lol.

8 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

If you do get a chance to play here again you will not recognize the stadium. It is under going a complete renovation. Final stage starts next week with new home stands, 1000 seats with backs and a new pressbox. Parking will still be lousy though lol.

That ia good that yall are getting up grades... It brings in teams wanting to play at a nice stadium in the playoffs... We up graded our parking lot on the home and visitor's side and added in some more seats on both sides put up a wall on one side of the end zone and added some new fences during this off season.... After we played cameron at home and had about 6000 to 7000 people come to the game and held a playoff game last year we needed more seats... Now if we can get out video board to play replays we would be in business lol

9 hours ago, touchdownlsu said:

Sounds like Nav should be 10-0. All that talent they  have. What happened, did they have to forfeit half of their games? 

Actually we should vs Franklin went up by 7 with 2 minutes left they had an excellent drive & scored went for 2 got it and won by 1. Vs 5a bryan lost by 1 had 3 tds called back. Magnolia west 5a 9-1  lost by 5 wr had 2 tds called back under 5 minutes to play + we didn't play our  starting qb/rb. Vs silsbee back and forth anybody's ball game

2 minutes ago, navasotatx said:

3a d1 state runner up Franklin not a bad L. 2 from 5a teams we should have won both and silsbee. Not bad teams to take a L from Just my opinion

Okay.

And Henderson has lost to Carthage and Kilgore. 

Those 2 teams very well could meet in the quarters.

Henderson may lose to Sota but they are playing their best football of the year as of now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DTrump said:

Winner will likely get North Forrest. Anyone know anything about them?

Nice record yes , but they run a pistol/spread offense they jave a big tatget wr #1 6'3-6'4 maybe 190 also have great size up front on the oline. Defense is ok but i dont see them beating sealy ill take sealy by 14+

Just now, navasotatx said:

Nice record yes , but they run a pistol/spread offense they jave a big tatget wr #1 6'3-6'4 maybe 190 also have great size up front on the oline. Defense is ok but i dont see them beating sealy ill take sealy by 14+

Really? You see Sealy beating them? Just being curious because I'm so out of touch with 4A ball south of us.

20 minutes ago, navasotatx said:

Looking who north Forest played I wouldn’t be surprised  if you were right. Sealy with there new coach will probably only getter better as time goes on 

2 hours ago, LCM17 said:

Looking who north Forest played I wouldn’t be surprised  if you were right. Sealy with there new coach will probably only getter better as time goes on 

Sealy has lost a few games but to some solid teams in those L's they put up some points i dont believe north forest can stop them from scoring.

3 hours ago, dean1345 said:

Lions by 14. Good athletes but badly needs a good head coach to direct them. Henderson will run through their defense like a sieve. 

I don't see Henderson's running backs run thru any one's defense in the playoffs...... their running game is average at best.  Their QB is probably their best threat but their running backs are just average in my opinion.

I said at the first of the year that Henderson will be good if they can develop their o-line. They have the running backs, receivers and quarterback to put up a lot of points but they  lost almost the entire line from last year and line coach also, I believe.  The last two or three games have seen a vast improvement of the line play and I believe they are coming together as a unit...if that continues they will be very tough to beat. This is a tough match up for a first round game but I think Henderson will win. Should be one of the best games of the first round.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2017 at 12:28 PM, LCM17 said:

LCM                                                    Nav

First downs         24                             22

Rushes-yards     38-251                39-181

Passing                 185                   151

Comp-Att-Int     14-24-0               13-21-2

Fumbles-Lost       0-0                         2-2

Penalties-yards   5-35                     7-45.   

These stats are incorrect. Navasota rushed for 211 and threw for 200. Qb was 21 of 30. Ran 75 plays of Offense

On 11/12/2017 at 8:37 AM, DTrump said:

Okay.

And Henderson has lost to Carthage and Kilgore. 

Those 2 teams very well could meet in the quarters.

Henderson may lose to Sota but they are playing their best football of the year as of now.

Are we just going to ignore the fact that Henderson played a SOFT pre-district schedule??? ATL (terrible), Tatum (terrible...only won by 1), Pitt (decent DII), Pine Tree (bad 5A). All donkeys. Hell, they barely beat CENTER and they're garbage.... Kilgore cant stop anyone this year and they beat Henderson. No one is intimidated by anyone from that district other than Carthage. They're elite and everyone else is simply mediocre. Have fun Friday... If the defense isn't bringing 7 every snap they aren't going to get to the QB. That's trouble for that secondary

3 minutes ago, Caloosa9955 said:

Are we just going to ignore the fact that Henderson played a SOFT pre-district schedule??? ATL (terrible), Tatum (terrible...only won by 1), Pitt (decent DII), Pine Tree (bad 5A). All donkeys. Hell, they barely beat CENTER and they're garbage.... Kilgore cant stop anyone this year and they beat Henderson. No one is intimidated by anyone from that district other than Carthage. They're elite and everyone else is simply mediocre. Have fun Friday... If the defense isn't bringing 7 every snap they aren't going to get to the QB. That's trouble for that secondary

I am not a Henderson supporter, as I support Carthage in 4A........But I will say this.......If #70 for Henderson gets attempted to be  blocked by a single guy, then Henderson will not have to bring more than 4........And the way they stunt, it is hard to always double team him

24 minutes ago, Caloosa9955 said:

These stats are incorrect. Navasota rushed for 211 and threw for 200. Qb was 21 of 30. Ran 75 plays of Offense

I got it from the Orange leader news paper. You could put 5 people to count stats and get 5 different answers 

51 minutes ago, Caloosa9955 said:

Shots fired!........... This could be a good game!😏

• LOL! 1