Henderson vs Navasota

Sportsfanatic1

3 hours ago, Lion70 said:

This is probably the biggest unknown in Bi District for Henderson. The Lions usually have a cream puff where it was obvious the Lions would win. Sure there were some other fans that were in severe denial but this year kinda nice seeing legit trash talk

Kind of like Carthage vs Silsbee last year.  The 2-3 & 3-2 matchups are usually the best games in round 1.

19 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Just look at the stats LCM put on sota's D. Just keyboard warriors trying to pump themselves up because they know deep down their fixing to get thumped again and for two yrs straight their one and done. I mean look what Dean the only sota fan we see on here and he doesn't even think they have a chance. Hmm... heck every team you listed as garbage would Peter roll sota!!!!! That's BEAST TX FOOTBALL 

LOL....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Nope.  Last time I saw them in person was 2015 when we beat them in Beaumont.  I’ve just seen a little film on them this year while looking at Hargrave.  You will not convince me or any of the other D9 posters that Navasota is going bring something that Henderson has not already seen this year.

They haven't played a team outside of Carthage that can effectively pass the football. Maybe Pitt

36 minutes ago, Caloosa9955 said:

They haven't played a team outside of Carthage that can effectively pass the football. Maybe Pitt

Pitt, Center & Bullard probably the most successful throwing the ball outside of Carthage on Hendo’s schedule.  You are assuming the Sota QB will have enough time to take a 5-7 step drop and throw it deep whenever he wants.  Henderson’s front seven are pretty salty.  With the return of D1 DL Rose from an early knee injury I’d say they are even better.  Sota better establish a run game early to keep the Lion D honest or the Sota QB is going to get beat up pretty good.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Henderson is an interesting team. I can see them going 4 deep...or losing Friday night. 

Welcome to Smoaky!

True statement right there! I really think that they have turned the corner and have began to put all the pieces together. Getting the young man back on defense will help on the field and in the locker room. Big uplift of the teams spirits when he is suited up, not to mention he is pretty dang good on the field.

Well thanks EnjoyLife. I have been on here looking at comments for years. I use to officiate but now just travel all over East Texas and DFW area with my 12 year old son watching high school football games. I hope Henderson pulls it out. I was there last year when Henderson and Carthage played one of the best high school game I have ever watched last year in playoffs. Good Luck to the Lions!

• Like 2