Henderson vs Navasota

Sportsfanatic1

The board did NOT vote him out! Were you there? Lee was up to getting a 2 year extension and a motion was brought up to extend it. Just like politicians in Washington some of the board members wanted to meet and discuss it and get back to him. Well next meeting it was unanimous but Coach was very disappointed and turned it down. That is the fact and Navasota politics screwed up big time. Rattler Stadium use to be packed to the brim. Now about 35% capacity and tons in lost revenue. No matter what you heard this is how it went down.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, dean1345 said:

The board did NOT vote him out! Were you there? Lee was up to getting a 2 year extension and a motion was brought up to extend it. Just like politicians in Washington some of the board members wanted to meet and discuss it and get back to him. Well next meeting it was unanimous but Coach was very disappointed and turned it down. That is the fact and Navasota politics screwed up if time. Rattler Stadium use to be packed to the brim. Now about 35% capacity and tons in lost revenue. No matter what you heard this is how it went down.

Yeah, I mean you can't blame him. How would there ever need to be a discussion?? It's an insult really. With what he did at Navasota, the members that called the meeting should feel like imbeciles for even considering not hiring him back immediately. 

It's crazy to me that stuff like that goes down. So many schools would kill to have what Navasota had at the time, and politics got in the way. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/15/2017 at 8:01 AM, Lion70 said:

Wonder how much attendance will be. Henderson usually brings a good crowd but Corsicana is kinda far for both teams. 

Long ways for a first round game. I like being in region 3 because we get to see teams we dont have much of a history with...but there is also a lot of windshield time involved. If we were still in region 2 we would probably be playing within 45 minutes of Henderson.

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

I plan on going. Been fighting a nasty cold all week but Im better today and should be fine tomorrow. Wife said if I was still sick Friday I could not go. Mean woman lol.

Well, was sick & missed the last home game... I haven't missed a game this year! Only missed one last year, & that  was only because I was on-call & couldn't find anyone to cover me until midnight! 

Wifey tells me yesterday," You're Goin!" Sick or Not!!!"😏 True Love......😳

Going to make the game for the first time this year.  Got to work Saturday but game is being played 30 min. from where I'm working. Going to be wearing my new hoodie I won last week from the  Pig skin radio show.  Thanks to the Lions Booster  Club and KPXI in  Henderson.

39 minutes ago, Brickmaker said:

Going to make the game for the first time this year.  Got to work Saturday but game is being played 30 min. from where I'm working. Going to be wearing my new hoodie I won last week from the  Pig skin radio show.  Thanks to the Lions Booster  Club and KPXI in  Henderson.

And you will be one handsome devil in your prize winning merchandise!

18 hours ago, dean1345 said:

The board did NOT vote him out! Were you there? Lee was up to getting a 2 year extension and a motion was brought up to extend it. Just like politicians in Washington some of the board members wanted to meet and discuss it and get back to him. Well next meeting it was unanimous but Coach was very disappointed and turned it down. That is the fact and Navasota politics screwed up big time. Rattler Stadium use to be packed to the brim. Now about 35% capacity and tons in lost revenue. No matter what you heard this is how it went down.

Ok! Well whatever it was. Not the best move the way I see it way up here.

18 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

On a different note, can you imagine the look on the board members faces when he turned it down? Oh my. Fly on the wall moment.

Looks like the board members would be in the know of what was and about to happen in the first place. I don’t believe all of that to be true. There was a little smoke around this.

1 hour ago, Lion70 said:

Missed your posting. Details of what happened. I usually give s score update lol

Been working a lot of weekend this year. So I have not been on  as much.    The question of the day last week was what year was that the UIL change from one team going to the playoffs to a two team format?  I will let everyone guess and I will provide the correct answer in a little bit.

1 minute ago, Brickmaker said:

Been working a lot of weekend this year. So I have not been on  as much.    The question of the day last week was what year was that the UIL change from one team going to the playoffs to a two team format?  I will let everyone guess and I will provide the correct answer in a little bit.

42 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

2008 we we're terrible 2009 average at best 

2014 y'all had the better team still won't help y'all tommorow

You guys from east tx brought up the rattlers vs east Texas teams on record teams vs teams. I don’t expect the rattlers to win simply because our qb forces passes to our WRs that are in double/ triple coverage that =ints and we are terrible when it comes to penalties/tds called back

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, navasotatx said:

You guys from east tx brought up the rattlers vs east Texas teams on record teams vs teams. I don’t expect the rattlers to win simply because our qb forces passes to our WRs that are in double/ triple coverage that =ints and we are terrible when it comes to penalties/tds called back

You do know that QB you're talking about has thrown 32 td passes right?? I guess those were forced passes huh???

Yes i know he has thrown 32 td's thats not the point let me slow it down a bit for you. In crucial/ key moments he forces passes down field to #5 & #10 hoping they bail him out. Ask silsbees secondary how generous he is when throwing in double coverage instead of checking the ball down tp an underneath wr/rb