Edgewood vs Hooks

Cannon85

12 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

Never heard of her

Ok finest. I am telling you and the rest of the Piney wood gang. I have also kept up with Edgewood. I think Edgewood wins this games because they have a good passing game. Their running game is good but not great. Looking at schedules neither team played a tuff preseason. Probably give Hooks the nod on preseason. They have a good group of Juniors and Seniors. I believe the QB is the difference in this game. Great arm and very competitive. Good athlete is all sports. Good luck to both teams and may both teams enjoy the playoffs.

2 hours ago, 3rdand5 said:

Ok finest. I am telling you and the rest of the Piney wood gang. I have also kept up with Edgewood. I think Edgewood wins this games because they have a good passing game. Their running game is good but not great. Looking at schedules neither team played a tuff preseason. Probably give Hooks the nod on preseason. They have a good group of Juniors and Seniors. I believe the QB is the difference in this game. Great arm and very competitive. Good athlete is all sports. Good luck to both teams and may both teams enjoy the playoffs.

+1

8 hours ago, 3rdand5 said:

I agree the Qb is legit for edgewood. But hooks has had almost two weeks to prepare. Sorry Pewitt but we didn't prep for Harmony.

5 hours ago, Cannon85 said:

I agree the Qb is legit for edgewood. But hooks has had almost two weeks to prepare. Sorry Pewitt but we didn't prep for Harmony.

They have a little running back that is tuff as a boot. He just likes to play. I surprised today when they told me how many yards he gained. The last I heard it was the passing game. I new they graduated the two they had last year. The one from Dallas didn't play any of the last four games last year. I think it should be a good game. Who ever wins plays Holiday. Tuff second game.

• Like 1

It is game day! The Hornets are starting to swarm and are getting very angry. They are ready to sting anything that gets near their nest! Looks like the Edgewood Bulldogs will be in trouble later on tonight! Just ask the DeKalb Bears how bad that stinger hurts! If you can't fly you will not be able to keep up!

22 hours ago, 3rdand5 said:

Not sure what the definition of a great running game is compared to good. Edgewood has over 3,000 yards rushing for the season. Has averaged 8 yards per carry for the year. QB has over a thousand yards rushing and tailback has almost 1800. They have 1500 yards passing. I would say from what I read, that their strength is running the football. But maybe numbers are just numbers. 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, crash3 said:

Not sure what the definition of a great running game is compared to good. Edgewood has over 3,000 yards rushing for the season. Hateaveraged 8 yards per carry for the year. QB has over a thousand yards rushing and tailback has almost 1800. They have 1500 yards passing. I would say from what I read, that their strength is running the football. But maybe numbers are just numbers. 🤷‍♂️

Like I said in my last post. Kept up with Edgewood thru a friend. Heard QB was having good senior season. Knew they lost backs from last year but have been a fan of 28. Great kid with a big heart. Wasn't aware on the running game numbers till yesterday. Lone Oak poster mention the running game in his post. I inquired about running game and was told numbers. Sounds pretty good to me. That's not including the soph back who I heard is pretty good also. Think Edgewood wins by at least 2 TD's. Agree with earlier poster Edgewood success is if the defense plays the game their capable of. Hooks will have trouble controlling this offense.