Diboll (6-3) vs Gilmer (8-2) Bi-District

ballwatch

This game reminded me of Gilmer games in the past. Defense wasn’t great, but made key stops when they needed to and came up with some critical turnovers. When Gilmer got the lead, their offense was relentless. Would love to see rushing yard totals for Poppy and Bran. They pushed a one possession game to a four possession game early in the third quarter, and then coasted to the win. Little disappointed they let the foot off the gas in the 4th quarter, but they put the game away in the 3rd. Biggest concern moving forward is the health of Red Jones. 

46 minutes ago, CasualObserver70 said:

This game reminded me of Gilmer games in the past. Defense wasn’t great, but made key stops when they needed to and came up with some critical turnovers. When Gilmer got the lead, their offense was relentless. Would love to see rushing yard totals for Poppy and Bran. They pushed a one possession game to a four possession game early in the third quarter, and then coasted to the win. Little disappointed they let the foot off the gas in the 4th quarter, but they put the game away in the 3rd. Biggest concern moving forward is the health of Red Jones. 

Bran Webb rushed for 187 yards on 17 carries.

Sophomores #33 & #10 for Diboll.

McMillan ran for 130 yards on 18 carries. Gums carried the ball 29 times for 266 yards. 

9 hours ago, CasualObserver70 said:

High ankle sprain.

9 hours ago, Woodshed said:

McMillan ran for 130 yards on 18 carries. Gums carried the ball 29 times for 266 yards. 

396 yards given up on the ground will spell disaster in the not to far future. JS

14 hours ago, Woodshed said:

I know these 2 come back next year, but who do we lose to graduation?  I wonder who will be the Qb?  Our offensive line was as good as we have had in a while.  There were some seniors on the o-line.  

3 hours ago, ballwatch said:

I know these 2 come back next year, but who do we lose to graduation?  I wonder who will be the Qb?  Our offensive line was as good as we have had in a while.  There were some seniors on the o-line.  

Losing 3 off the line. JV QB and #14 will likely battle for the position. Defense was relatively young with the biggest loss being LB #24. Next season for Diboll started today..literally. Diboll's program is on the incline and the players and community are buying in whole heartedly. Very exciting time to be a Diboll Lumberjack. 

56 minutes ago, Woodshed said:

Losing 3 off the line. JV QB and #14 will likely battle for the position. Defense was relatively young with the biggest loss being LB #24. Next season for Diboll started today..literally. Diboll's program is on the incline and the players and community are buying in whole heartedly. Very exciting time to be a Diboll Lumberjack. 

Good game Lumberjacks. That #10 is something, and just a sophomore? Watch out for that kid. He walked by me after the game and I could not believe how big he was.

Got to talk to several of the Diboll players briefly after the game. All gracious,  courteous,  and respectful young men. Y`all are raising them right in Diboll. Good luck next year.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, metalhead10 said:

Good game Lumberjacks. That #10 is something, and just a sophomore? Watch out for that kid. He walked by me after the game and I could not believe how big he was.

Got to talk to several of the Diboll players briefly after the game. All gracious,  courteous,  and respectful young men. Y`all are raising them right in Diboll. Good luck next year.

Thank you very much! That is exactly how we want to represent our program. 

• Like 1