Who WILL WIN 4A DIV II?

wos96

4 hours ago, PGHAWKS2 said:

I'm speculating a little, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if we change offenses next year to a spread. We have a lot of good WR coming through and our QB is a passing QB.

Thank you, we will need some luck.

I hear there's about to be quite a drop off in PG. Looks like this is their last chance to do anything for a while.

22 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

I hear there's about to be quite a drop off in PG. Looks like this is their last chance to do anything for a while.

The senior class is probably the best ever at PG. The next two years we should be good.  It's hard to call because you never know what kind of chemistry the Sr, Jr, & Soph class will have from year to year.  The sophomore class this year is also very talented, as a group they've lost one game in three years (7, 8 & 9th). There are 8-9 sophomore on the varsity this year and most of them are backups or rotate with starters. The junior class has three starters on defense and one on offense. We have a freshmen that starts on DL and one that rotates.

We'll be a lot better than most people think, however, the district is going to be tough again. Gilmer has a very talented sophomore class, Pittsburg's Junior class is really good, LE is always good, Springhill looks good and not sure who else will be in the district next year. 

19 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

You the brother??????

😂😂

No sir....he has two older brothers that are on this team though that are seniors #25 & #11. The other older brother played basketball at PG a few years back. All three play basketball and are on the court at the same time.... pretty cool

On 11/22/2017 at 7:58 AM, PGHAWKS2 said:

We had an off night offensively, mainly due to Tatum playing well defensively and fumbled snaps. Wing T is all about timing and so it's important to get the snap and get moving (a lot of moving parts).  Our QB is a three-sport athlete and excels at all three (football, baseball & basketball). He will play D1 in one of those sports, in my opinion. Great kid and great athlete (Ben Harmon). He will not be rattled, he has ice water in his veins. We left 17 points out there that we normally would've capitalized on (red zone). Offense is not mediocre, check our results offensively this year VS a tough schedule. Great defense, and a really good offense.

Hats off to Tatum for playing an excellent game.... I'm still trying to figure out why they didn't win more games.

+1 

On 11/22/2017 at 1:49 PM, DawgNation2015 said:

I’ve been catching up on other threads today since the Carthage thread is slow.  How in the world did this thread survive all the PG vs Carthage talk and only one Carthage poster commented?  That must be a first!  I’m rooting for PG to keep winning.  Looking forward to the rematch of PG vs Gilmer.  Whoever wins that one will be my D2 pick to meet up with WOS.  Oh and btw, Calpreps has Carthage winning the head to head vs PG 31-28.  Calpreps also has Carthage winning against WOS 28-21.  LOL!

31-28 sounds fair. That leaves just enough room for us to pull off a win. 

On 11/22/2017 at 2:12 PM, Eagle8 said:

You heard wrong.

On 11/22/2017 at 2:54 PM, PGHAWKS2 said:

The senior class is probably the best ever at PG. The next two years we should be good.  It's hard to call because you never know what kind of chemistry the Sr, Jr, & Soph class will have from year to year.  The sophomore class this year is also very talented, as a group they've lost one game in three years (7, 8 & 9th). There are 8-9 sophomore on the varsity this year and most of them are backups or rotate with starters. The junior class has three starters on defense and one on offense. We have a freshmen that starts on DL and one that rotates.

We'll be a lot better than most people think, however, the district is going to be tough again. Gilmer has a very talented sophomore class, Pittsburg's Junior class is really good, LE is always good, Springhill looks good and not sure who else will be in the district next year. 

District may change but we will still be a force.

On 11/22/2017 at 3:09 PM, Hawkguy888 said:

The Harmon kid?  Hes a soph and played like a soph Friday night. 

Nah, seen sophomores play way worse. Even though it wasnt his best game, he handled it well and can be proud of the W he lead our team to. Look forward to many more wins with that stud at the helm.

On 11/22/2017 at 7:38 AM, PGHAWKS2 said:

If PG makes it that far, speed will not be an issue we have 5 or 6 guys on defense and at least that many on offense that run sub 11.7 100 meters. WOS has one guy that posted an 11.5, 100 meter dash (athletic.net) the QB. If you are referring to WOS's overall team speed maybe you have a point.  I doubt they have more team speed than Arkansas High, Paris, LE, & Atlanta.  Some of those have won numerous state track championships. On the football field we can run with anybody in 4A2.

Yea. I was referring to overall team speed. I doubt PG has faced a team where the front defensive line is as fast as your running backs. WOS pursuit laterally is spot on. If the QB gets healthy the offense will find away to score. Most of these kids had limited playing time the last two years but they always find a way to win!

1 hour ago, chukslegacy said:

Yea. I was referring to overall team speed. I doubt PG has faced a team where the front defensive line is as fast as your running backs. WOS pursuit laterally is spot on. If the QB gets healthy the offense will find away to score. Most of these kids had limited playing time the last two years but they always find a way to win!

QB banged up?

On 11/22/2017 at 2:54 PM, PGHAWKS2 said:

Gilmer Freshman Class Is really good; Sophmores are Good as well..Freshman group have lost to Nac twice and Carthage 3 times and Jacksonville but that's it since Jr High