Who WILL WIN 4A DIV II?

wos96

2 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Lucky for you y'all don't have to play carthage. Not many like WoS cause of you lol. I tone it down next year when talking about Henderson. Thanks for the reminder

Okay lucky for us. When Kennedale beats Carthage then what?  I don't come on here looking to make friends. It's a football forum. Not everybody agrees with everybody especially someone from SETX. And that doubles up when your a WOS fan!  All I can say is get over it!

15 hours ago, HSfootballfan2345 said:

Please don't get on here and act like Pleasant Grove of all schools is just some football power now. They are just having their moment in football history. Collectively this has been a pretty down year for East Texas Football especially in 4a...I've yet to see them play a team that's really athletic, has more speed, and the skill to go with it. WOS has all of those and PG has been impressive in the playoffs against lesser opponents. And please don't bring up Graham, they've always been and never been able to run with East Texas teams

This guy don't know. Haven't played a team that's Athletic or with more speed? LE is just as athletic as any team in 4a. They are also Faster then PG and probably faster then WOS! Atlanta is known for there speed also had some returning GOLD medalists and others that have amazing speed. We are Faster by a good bit and probably more athletic just not as big.

59 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

This guy. Wow! Kennedale not impressive!! This really takes the cake. I look for them to beat Carthage!  WOS took care of them though!

I’ve seen Kennedale up close and personal.  I sit in on meetings when we didn’t have injured players.  The way to beat Kennedale is to keep them off balance through the air.  Ingram is an X factor in the backfield for Carthage.  Kennedale is a great team. I wasn’t trying to slight them that much, but watch the film... it’s obvious where and how to beat them.  They just haven’t played a team that could do it yet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chukslegacy said:

That's all you need when you play in that weak region. As for as WOS QB he blow past your slow lineman. I will continue to let you talk cause come Friday of next week it will be quite embarrassing for PG to get shutdown!

chukslunacy, you are like a college kid on a 3 week bender. After 3 years of dominating 4AD2 you are so drunk on the feeling that you can't conceive the reality that PG is going to be the best team that you have played this season. I'm not much of a debater on here because it is fruitless until the game is actually played, but I have made my statements and will stand by them.

PG will dominate the LOS on both sides of the ball. 

PG will run for 200+ yards

wos will not score more than 14 points

I will put my score prediction out there later this week, but you can take those three statements and tell me how wrong I am after the game Friday. 

16 minutes ago, CF21 said:

chukslunacy, you are like a college kid on a 3 week bender. After 3 years of dominating 4AD2 you are so drunk on the feeling that you can't conceive the reality that PG is going to be the best team that you have played this season. I'm not much of a debater on here because it is fruitless until the game is actually played, but I have made my statements and will stand by them.

I will put my score prediction out there later this week, but you can take those three statements and tell me how wrong I am after the game Friday. 

WOS might only score 14 but PG won't get past 13. Last time I checked to win you at least need to be ahead by 1 pt or more at the end of regulation 

2 hours ago, CF21 said:

Funny

13 hours ago, chukslegacy said:

PG reminds me of that year Gladewater had everybody attention only to finally meet up with some real competition and they get shutdown. 

Not sure what year you are talking about. Only year we had everybody's attention was 2014 & we hardly got shutdown. Gilmer got by us in the last seconds of the game and went on to claim the state championship. Wonder who they beat that year? We always know what competition is. We play in the toughest district in 4A Div II and the toughest region and have for many years. Not like the cupcake district the little ponies play in.

1 hour ago, Golfingnut said:

Not sure what year you are talking about. Only year we had everybody's attention was 2014 & we hardly got shutdown. Gilmer got by us in the last seconds of the game and went on to claim the state championship. Wonder who they beat that year? We always know what competition is. We play in the toughest district in 4A Div II and the toughest region and have for many years. Not like the cupcake district the little ponies play in.

Yea we all saw what happened the first half of the 2014 SC. It was all WOS and then they let up and Gilmer came back and beat them the 2 me half. No cake walk for Gilmer.  But hey whatever you want to believe   Your opinion is irrelevant 

16 minutes ago, chukslegacy said:

Yea we all saw what happened the first half of the 2014 SC. It was all WOS and then they let up and Gilmer came back and beat them the 2 me half. No cake walk for Gilmer.  But hey whatever you want to believe   Your opinion is irrelevant 

Actually everyone's opinion is irrelevant...

10 hours ago, chukslegacy said:

Y’all get a trophy for winning the first half?

15 hours ago, chukslegacy said:

WOS should know better than to let up on anyone in a state championship game.

I am not convinced WOS “let up” on the Buckeyes as much as the Buckeyes turned the game around. The age old idea of the half time score meaning very little comes from outcomes like that SC game between Gilmer and WOS.

Chuk, are you saying WOS pulled a lot of their starters in the second half and tried to coast to victory? Next, if they did do that, as soon as they saw Gilmer gaining a foothold in the game the coach should’ve put the starters back in.

If you’re saying the starters did play the entire game and began to take it easy out there and not play as hard that’s on the coach and the players themselves. Still, as son as they saw Gilmer turning it into a game they should’ve been able to very easily get serious about the game again and take control back from Gilmer.

Here’s what happened, Gilmer went into half time, got coached up and Traylor made adjustments. The Buckeyes came out and made a big comeback and owned the second half and won the game. WOS got beat, WOS didn’t let Gilmer win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

WOS should know better than to let up on anyone in a state championship game.

I am not convinced WOS “let up” on the Buckeyes as much as the Buckeyes turned the game around. The age old idea of the half time score meaning very little comes from outcomes like that SC game between Gilmer and WOS.

Chuk, are you saying WOS pulled a lot of their starters in the second half and tried to coast to victory? Next, if they did do that, as soon as they saw Gilmer gaining a foothold in the game the coach should’ve put the starters back in.

If you’re saying the starters did play the entire game and began to take it easy out there and not play as hard that’s on the coach and the players themselves. Still, as son as they saw Gilmer turning it into a game they should’ve been able to very easily get serious about the game again and take control back from Gilmer.

Here’s what happened, Gilmer went into half time, got coached up and Traylor made adjustments. The Buckeyes came out and made a big comeback and owned the second half and won the game. WOS got beat, WOS didn’t let Gilmer win.

Gilmer won fair and square they kept plunging away  and didn't quit with that  being said from what I seen what wos has done  not including 86 87 and 88 not in including 112 shutouts not including the all time TEXAS high school football wining percentage over the last 15yrs not including the 10th best winning streak in Texas but just go  to 4 straight state championships is more than what most school in the country will ever do in there history and twice in their history they have beat the #1 and #2 teams in the country I don't care who you are or who u root for that's in a class a by itself no can argue that, just saying people going back in time talking about 3 yrs ago I figured I give the whole history I just wish I would have played there

• Thanks 1