El Campo vs Kilgore 11/24 @ 2 pm in Waco

WhoamI97539

Kilgore wins by 10-20 if they play like they have 10 out of 11 games.  If the team that went to Center shows up then we may see a struggle.  Last year Henderson loads up against the run, forces turnovers when they throw and won by two scores in Humble.  I expect sound football from EC but they’ll have to complete some passes to have a chance.  Kilgore 44 El Campo 28

I paid a $1 subscription to the El Campo newspaper to read their game write-ups...

In the regular season (9 games) Nery Enriquez had 1628 yds on 220 carries (7.4 yds/carry) and 29 TD's. He also kicks and punts for them and he may drive the bus... I'm not sure. They've had some key injuries throughout the year including DT-Dontrell Dove (yes another Dove), DB/OLB-Clay Rawlings, LB-Bryce Hackfeld, and QB/WR- Kelly Osina. Osina started the season as the QB but an ACL injury ended his season. His younger brother, Lynn Osina, is taking snaps for them now. They can throw a little bit, but Enriquez is 60+% of their offense. They have had a fumble problem this year.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

I paid a $1 subscription to the El Campo newspaper to read their game write-ups...

In the regular season (9 games) Nery Enriquez had 1628 yds on 220 carries (7.4 yds/carry) and 29 TD's. He also kicks and punts for them and he may drive the bus... I'm not sure. They've had some key injuries throughout the year including DT-Dontrell Dove (yes another Dove), DB/OLB-Clay Rawlings, LB-Bryce Hackfeld, and QB/WR- Kelly Osina. Osina started the season as the QB but an ACL injury ended his season. His younger brother, Lynn Osina, is taking snaps for them now. They can throw a little bit, but Enriquez is 60+% of their offense. They have had a fumble problem this year.

LOL.  You are a serious fan.

2 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Well who would we trash talk too? I have never seen an EC fan on smoaky 

Couple of EC fans popped up before the Hendo-EC game last year. I think one of them went by something like RicebirdMom or something like that. Not much about this game here and nothing on SETX.

5 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

More possessions favors Kilgore imo. Cant let EC keep the ball for 6-7-8 minutes at a time. Enriquez is a big, physical kid but he is not going to take it 60...he will keep the chains moving though.

33 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

More possessions favors Kilgore imo. Cant let EC keep the ball for 6-7-8 minutes at a time. Enriquez is a big, physical kid but he is not going to take it 60...he will keep the chains moving though.

Yeah Kilgore's D is gonna have to get off the field a lot more here lately they have been giving up a bunch of 3rd and longs. They have been on the field way to much that's why their giving up so many pts cause by the 4th qtr they are gassed. I'm not what so ever concerned about our Offense they are going to score. But this EC team this yr doesn't bother me as much as the past EC team I know they will get some breaks here and there but I really believe we can make more stops on D than they can. JMO tho... #armchairqb..... bwhahaha.....

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

Field position will be important for Kilgore defensively. Most teams that require 10 - 14 plays to go 75+ yds are eventually going to cough it up.

2 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

And I wouldn't be surprised if Kilgore comes out throwing haymakers.... (i.e. vertical passing game). If you can get a team like EC down by 2 or 3 scores early, it forces them in to catch-up mode... and they're not necessarily built for catch-up mode.

12 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

And I wouldn't be surprised if Kilgore comes out throwing haymakers.... (i.e. vertical passing game). If you can get a team like EC down by 2 or 3 scores early, it forces them in to catch-up mode... and they're not necessarily built for catch-up mode.

That's exactly what I was thinking...build a quick 2 score lead...hang on to the ball and let them try and play catch-up...Advantage Kilgore!!!

Differences between the 2015 game (31-23 EC) and thiis one:

1. I don't believe El Campo is nearly as talented as '15. No Kevin Dove, no Alontae Harris, no Arrambide at QB, no Arrambide at WR. Defense is not as good, IMO.

2. Buddy Jackson is not a sophomore anymore

3. Jonathan Shepherd will be playing in this one.

4. Kilgore's O-line is much better.

5. This is Kilgore's 3rd year in this offense and the playbook is much thicker than year 1.

6. Kilgore's defense is not as good, but is showing signs of life (6 pts in the last 7 qtrs).