Celina vs Jasper

orangethunder1

3 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I think Jasper will win in a 1 possession game.  Could be another high scoring game.  Both teams in the 40’s.

This won't be a high scoring game unless Jasper runs away with It and scores all the points. I think it will be a defensive game. Celina is one dimensional this year and has no passing game. Melissa gave up 0 passing yards to Celina 0-12. Celina has a really big oline and will try to pound the ball. Celina wins close or Jasper wins big. 

6 hours ago, RedRed said:

This won't be a high scoring game unless Jasper runs away with It and scores all the points. I think it will be a defensive game. Celina is one dimensional this year and has no passing game. Melissa gave up 0 passing yards to Celina 0-12. Celina has a really big oline and will try to pound the ball. Celina wins close or Jasper wins big. 

Good info.  There is definitely going to be some battles in the trenches.  Jasper’s O line is huge.

I'm going with Jasper as well. Losing their feature back to a bad decision has probably hurt their offensive production a bit but they still hung fiddy-six on Atlanta so they obviously still have some horses in the stable. Their massive offensive line that averages every bit of 290 or 295 across the board is the key component to a very physical and explosive run game. They don't pass it much, but it's not because they can't...QB is pretty good. Not gonna lie, don't know much about Celina this year....but what I do know is Jasper is big, extremely fast, and very physical. Gonna be hard for anyone in the region to beat.

I said it last week, and I'll say it again. Winner of last night's game will meet PG in round 3. Jasper takes it. They have a big O-line (understatement), and they will be prepared. They could put anyone in the backfield and run the ball. Plays develop to fast that it only takes a second for them to be past the line of scrimmage, and they're just fine with only getting 3-4 yards a play. They'll line right back up and punch it through again.

5 hours ago, orangethunder1 said:

Celina will win

Lol, Jasper averages 290+ on the offensive line. And behind that is a stable of backs that can absolutely scoot and run with power. Defensively,  they're big,  fast,  and physical. I got my money on Jasper. I honestly think Jasper wins the region. 

On the whole of the season, Celina has lost 3 games to 3 good teams......Liberty Christian in Week 2 before they got banged up, Argyle, and Melissa.  Not sure if they are rolling into the playoffs healthy or not.......but I'm sure Jasper will be very athletic and fast.  Argyle is very athletic and fast, so is Melissa.  I think Celina is playing their old physical kind of football.....running the ball alot, and have a good defense.  They do have some speed at some skill positions, but not overall teamwise on the lines.  I think their secondary is better than most also.   Not sure what the strengths of Jasper are......but I know they usually have lots of speed and athletic ability they put on the field.