Celina vs Jasper

orangethunder1

4 hours ago, RedRed said:

The offense Jasper runs is not a good offense to run against Celinas 10-1 defense. Not saying Celina can shut it down, but the defense is great against this type of offense. 

Crosby fans pretty much said that the Dawgs offense is antiquated when they beat us the first game of our season 42-36(a game the Dawgs fumbled a mind blowing 13 times, but had the ball at the end of game with chance to win).  So you are probably right also. 

3 minutes ago, JasperDawg said:

Crosby fans pretty much said that the Dawgs offense is antiquated when they beat us the first game of our season 42-36(a game the Dawgs fumbled a mind blowing 13 times, but had the ball at the end of game with chance to win).  So you are probably right also. 

All I'm saying is it's tough to run when the defense is lining 10 guys up in the box. I watched some of Jaspers games and it "could" be difficult for Jasper to run the ball really effectively. 

7 minutes ago, RedRed said:

All I'm saying is it's tough to run when the defense is lining 10 guys up in the box. I watched some of Jaspers games and it "could" be difficult for Jasper to run the ball really effectively. 

Coupled with the Dawgs inability to throw the ball makes for a long day at the office.

16 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

Coupled with the Dawgs inability to throw the ball makes for a long day at the office.

I'm not sure if his film watching skills are where they should be. He's seen film on Jasper and Rusk, and apparently we both are in for a long night friday. lol

3 hours ago, Eagles26 said:

I'm not sure if his film watching skills are where they should be. He's seen film on Jasper and Rusk, and apparently we both are in for a long daumy friday. lol

Actually was reading states at it shows Jasper has only 700+ yards passing in 10 games. If that's correct that's awful.

5 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

They had 2 more passing TD’s against Atlanta on Fri.  QB is a little undersized and does not throw from the pocket.  Play action with a roll out so he can see.

Yes sir. Lol he really had a hard time last season our o line was just a bit bigger and tey tey is i am sure the smallest qb to start on varsity for the Dawgs in a very long time. Brian Barbay took over as o/c this year and has helped to put him in better situations for passing. For his size teytey has a pretty good arm and accuracy. We passed even less last year.

I'm not trying to knock Jasper at all, I just noticed they don't pass the ball very much and it very hard to win at this level if your not balanced. I don't think Pleasant Grove will get past the 4th round because they arnt balanced. I think it's gonna be very difficult for Jasper to constantly run on Celinas 10-1 defense regardless of how big the oline is. 

7 hours ago, RedRed said:

I'm not trying to knock Jasper at all, I just noticed they don't pass the ball very much and it very hard to win at this level if your not balanced. I don't think Pleasant Grove will get past the 4th round because they arnt balanced. I think it's gonna be very difficult for Jasper to constantly run on Celinas 10-1 defense regardless of how big the oline is. 

That's what you are not getting. They don't pass much because they ain't got to and they prefer To be  a run first sheme. What's the old saying, ain't but 3 things that can happen when you pass and 2 of them are bad. They average the weight of a Mack truck up front and run very effectively....but they can pass just fine. Just because "they haven't" thrown a lot doesn't mean they can't. They can, and they can quite well. In fact....I do believe Celina is quite outmatched in this game.

18 hours ago, RedRed said:

They can throw too. I know they have a couple receivers in the 6'5 range. You can stack 11-0, that o-line will push. They're just fine getting 3 yards a carry too. Oh, and their spirits won't break just because you have a lead. 

I'm not saying they're the most physical team we've seen, but they are definitely the biggest. 

On 11/18/2017 at 10:02 AM, Eagle8 said:

I'm going with Jasper as well. Losing their feature back to a bad decision has probably hurt their offensive production a bit but they still hung fiddy-six on Atlanta so they obviously still have some horses in the stable. Their massive offensive line that averages every bit of 290 or 295 across the board is the key component to a very physical and explosive run game. They don't pass it much, but it's not because they can't...QB is pretty good. Not gonna lie, don't know much about Celina this year....but what I do know is Jasper is big, extremely fast, and very physical. Gonna be hard for anyone in the region to beat.

Is Simmons out this week too? 

16 hours ago, RedRed said:

I think it's gonna be very difficult for Jasper to constantly run on Celinas 10-1 defense regardless of how big the oline is. 

Interesting statement ... if they are still running their old Moore 10-1, unless major adjustments are made that means that the defensive backs have to come up and play toe-to-toe with the Tight End and Wingbacks ... even Argyle, who is salty at the 10-1, has had to adjust in a major way when playing Kennedale's Wing.

Jasper uses a few plays out of a lot of sets - including Tackle and Ends over ... they are constantly trying to find the set that you can't support the edge.  Given that, I think the 10-1 will need to be a little more flexible than usual ... I'm sure they've seen it all in all the years they have been running it ... but I still think it requires some adjustments in the base alignment and methodology.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DOB said:

Interesting statement ... if they are still running their old Moore 10-1, unless major adjustments are made that means that the defensive backs have to come up and play toe-to-toe with the Tight End and Wingbacks ... even Argyle, who is salty at the 10-1, has had to adjust in a major way when playing Kennedale's Wing.

Jasper uses a few plays out of a lot of sets - including Tackle and Ends over ... they are constantly trying to find the set that you can't support the edge.  Given that, I think the 10-1 will need to be a little more flexible than usual ... I'm sure they've seen it all in all the years they have been running it ... but I still think it requires some adjustments in the base alignment and methodology.

Not to mention Jaspers TEs and WRs have some height and weight on them.