Celina vs Jasper

orangethunder1

It’s been a pleasure to follow DOB on this thread.  But I’m going to have to leave the house to read any more.  After reading each DOB short story I find myself being slapped back to reality by the wife, wanting to know why I have not been listening to her and what is that deep stare into space and drull running down my chin about....you fantasizing about Salma Hayek again!!😴

Keep it coming man.  I’ll sneak out to the shop.

I’m anxious to see what Brian Barbay (Jasper OC) comes up with to attach this 10-1.  Would not be surprised to some quick to the line, wild offensive formations to try and spread it out and create confusion.

8 minutes ago, DTrump said:

LMAO :lol:

You should start doing % projections for some extra cash during football season.

Seriously, Is the PG defense that good?

I think the team as a whole is that good. Jasper makes a lot of mistakes. They will put the ball on the ground for sure. PG, though they seemed to last week, normally doesn't commit turnovers. 

P.S. I know you're not asking me, just can't help myself anymore. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I think the team as a whole is that good. Jasper makes a lot of mistakes. They will put the ball on the ground for sure. PG, though they seemed to last week, normally doesn't commit turnovers. 

Oh I welcome anyones opinion that has seen both teams play. I just go to Eagle or "Lion70" for the "insider" info. :headbang: on the quotation marks!

7 minutes ago, DTrump said:

LMAO :lol:

You should start doing % projections for some extra cash during football season.

Seriously, Is the PG defense that good?

Sooner or later I think turnovers will be the end of Jasper. Don’t think it will be this week. 

PG is fundamentally sound. All teams have off weeks and theirs was last week. 

PGs front 7 is legit. It’s going to take a passing team with pass protection to beat them and IMO that’s not Jasper. 

8 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Sooner or later I think turnovers will be the end of Jasper. Don’t think it will be this week. 

PG is fundamentally sound. All teams have off weeks and theirs was last week. 

PGs front 7 is legit. It’s going to take a passing team with pass protection to beat them and IMO that’s not Jasper. 

Didn't know that.

I wonder if people know that baseball is "king" in Jasper even after all the success?

2 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

448 carries 15 fumbles lost. 2 interceptions. 

20 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

Is there a base defense that you would prefer to use against today's offenses, that is without accounting for adjustments for a particular offense.

Took a while to find it in my files .... but here's crazy Buddy Ryan's Polish Goalline.

Actually taken from his Defense Playbook ....

Polish.jpg

19 hours ago, DOB said:

I can honestly say that there was no better joy in all my years of coaching than coaching my own son.

Now, that being said - Since I was always on his case, I'm pretty sure he remembers it differently.

And his Mom would cringe at him always having to call me "Coach Barker" ...

Part 2:  From a message ....

I never said I didn't like the 5-2 defense ....

But over the years, I had the opportunity and honor to sit down and visit with some of the best Five coaches in the state at that time ....

All of them, in one form or another, made this statement:

"There's nothing better than a good five ... and nothing worse than a bad one."

If you got the Hosses - go for it ....

First, some great posts.  Most were over my head, but one thing you said is something I rarely see, adjust your D & O to fit the kids you have.  I watched a team several years.  When they passed (seldom) it was straight drop pocket.  Then, hello, you got this kid about 6'1" and 185 pounds, who can fly.  Never, ever, ran a roll out.  I'm no coach, but if I where, I'd want him out there with a run option.  Ten times the pressure on the D.  Like you said, to many learn that one thing, and that's the plan come hail or high water.

Feel free to post some more.  As interesting as a good Louis L'amour book.

Oops, I'm going with Jasper by 13.

1 hour ago, Saint1957 said:

Jasper is the visitor.  I hear parking can be a problem.

That's been my experience in the past ... but it's been about three years since I was there last ... I understand they did some work around the neighborhood though.