Celina vs Jasper

orangethunder1

16 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

Now, I don't give a damn what anyone that wasn't at the game today has to say what so ever because anyone that was there (and I am only gonna talk about one of the blatant  calls those idiots made)saw a game changing kinda call. Down 35 to 20 with a little over 4 minutes in game the Dawgs score to make it 35-27. They then execute the perfect onside kick (by the way was kicked to Celina's side of the field and the side that Reese Durand recovered the kick)recovering the ball on Celina 30 yard line. After one official signals jasper ball and players are coming on the field the line ref threw a flag for offside.  It is an endless  argument on if the Dawgs would have scored again or not but they had changed the momentum at that point.  Jasper did have one other chance to score in game and I give credit to celina defense for holding. It's just a damn shame for any team after all those young men put into playing football starting in the blazing heat of summer (two a days) for officials to be or possibly be a factor in the game results.

I hate late flags too, but the real question is, was the kicking team offsides?

1 minute ago, DieHardCubFan said:

So how were the refs for the Garrions-Clifton game?

Hardly noticed them ... they weren't a major factor like in this game ... Garrison did have a KO return for a TD called back on a chop block ... but the refs called an even handed game in my opinion ...

53 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

The ref that threw the flag thought so ... after the play was over ....

A bad call is one thing, but these late flags for an infraction that should've been flagged as soon as it happened are inexcusable.

Early in the game celina chopped blocked our safety who also plays some RB no flag.  Later We score and then get an unsportsmanlike conduct after the play against an offensive lineman knocks us 15 yards back into the wind trying the extra point (we missed).  The refs and especially the one on the celina side hopefully didn't sleep well last night with guilt.  PG will beat Celina - remember jasper with all the refs and without best RB played within 8.  

3 minutes ago, Booster said:

Early in the game celina chopped blocked our safety who also plays some RB no flag.  Later We score and then get an unsportsmanlike conduct after the play against an offensive lineman knocks us 15 yards back into the wind trying the extra point (we missed).  The refs and especially the one on the celina side hopefully didn't sleep well last night with guilt.  PG will beat Celina - remember jasper with all the refs and without best RB played within 8.  

There were also a couple of "dubious" holding calls that negated long Jasper plays, one went for a TD that was called back ....

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Hardly noticed them ... they weren't a major factor like in this game ... Garrison did have a KO return for a TD called back on a chop block ... but the refs called an even handed game in my opinion ...

Isn’t isn’t that what refs are supposed to do? Glad they were not noticed & the boys got to play the game.

10 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I was at the game because Garrison played later at 7:30.  The Celina/Jasper game was one of the worst officiated game I have seen in quite a while.  Jasper was on the wrong end of several bad calls, including the on side kick recovery play.  The line judge was horribly at spotting the ball as well ... his spots always favored Celina.  The Jasper coach finally lost it and got an unsportsmanship penalty.  The white hat ref was beyond horrible ... I'll say it ... Jasper got hosed .....

2 minutes ago, orangethunder1 said:

Yep the rest cost Jasper the game! This is so ridiculous you east Texas people are such Babies get over it! When Pleasant Grove loses next week let’s hear the excuses again!

You know ya'll really ought to change those ugly orange uniforms, you do know Halloween is over? ....

• LOL! 1

15 hours ago, RedRed said:

I agree Argyle got screwed 

Quit whining Reagaleagle........Whiney.........your beloved Coach Coach Rodgers blew the Championship Game with LaVega due to back to back penalties for 12 men on the field. Against Navasota your coach calls a run play on 4th and 5 in overtime. One win out of three chances aren't impressive. 

On November 25, 2017 at 4:25 PM, Acewell said:

Congrats Celina.

I  know how Jasper feels about officialls. Sounds like same crew as the Spring Hill vs Atlanta game. They should be investigated. I'm still fuming 3 weeks later!

You hate to take away from the winner however.

Atleast it had bad calls both ways