Hughes Springs vs. Grandview

Horns85

17 hours ago, Zebrafan93 said:

Cool...give me something other then them being focused. HS Defense giving up an average of 28.7 thru 11 games. How will they slow down the Zebras?

HS defense have been inconsistent most of the year. Sometimes they play lights out. Others not so much. HS offense on the other hand has been consistent and helps the defense somewhat by controlling(eating the clock) and limiting opponents time of possession. 8 minute drives are not uncommon. But some players play both ways. I think if HS can control the tempo of the game, make good on scoring opportunities,  use field position to their advantage, and get a couple of stops out of the defense, they have a shot at the upset. Being the underdog is common for the Mustangs this year. In spite of the naysayers, they have over achieved all year. We are fairly young and rebuilding. Ran the spread most of the year last year but made the switch back to Slot T. They have played from behind this year some and won close games because they never quit. They always believe they can win. Hope they can do it again. I think they can. We shall see. May the best team win.

I've seen Grandview in person and they are a legit 3A team...Crownover is a very good back...borderline FBS/FCS prospect type he goes 6'1 205....offense goes through him IMO...although there's a couple of decent receivers too...

The defense IMO is the strength of the team Devante Crownover is an excellent DE goes about 6'5 real rangy...they got a move in DT from Mansfield Timberview Buckley I think is his name....he's a player also...Slot T is a unique offense will be interesting to see if the Zebras can slow Hughes down

4 hours ago, HS1988 said:

HS defense have been inconsistent most of the year. Sometimes they play lights out. Others not so much. HS offense on the other hand has been consistent and helps the defense somewhat by controlling(eating the clock) and limiting opponents time of possession. 8 minute drives are not uncommon. But some players play both ways. I think if HS can control the tempo of the game, make good on scoring opportunities,  use field position to their advantage, and get a couple of stops out of the defense, they have a shot at the upset. Being the underdog is common for the Mustangs this year. In spite of the naysayers, they have over achieved all year. We are fairly young and rebuilding. Ran the spread most of the year last year but made the switch back to Slot T. They have played from behind this year some and won close games because they never quit. They always believe they can win. Hope they can do it again. I think they can. We shall see. May the best team win.

Great assessment HS1988. I think you are pretty spot on to what HS needs to do. 

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

I've seen Grandview in person and they are a legit 3A team...Crownover is a very good back...borderline FBS/FCS prospect type he goes 6'1 205....offense goes through him IMO...although there's a couple of decent receivers too...

The defense IMO is the strength of the team Devante Crownover is an excellent DE goes about 6'5 real rangy...they got a move in DT from Mansfield Timberview Buckley I think is his name....he's a player also...Slot T is a unique offense will be interesting to see if the Zebras can slow Hughes down

I think you are correct about the defense. I would also add Harroff into the dline equation. Goes about 6'2" 250 and a motor that doesn't quit. IMO the front 7 of GVs defense vs the line of HS is the storyline for this game. 

6 hours ago, TheWhiteWalker said:

Why are you here? I mean, WHAT exactly is your purpose other than to talk down HS fans, program and athletes. You should really feel proud of yourself for injecting your negativity into something that actually means a lot to a team of young men and their fans. Please do us all a favor and leave the thread, or just leave SDC. Find another way to grind your axe over your apparent hurt feelings. Stop letting your keyboard give you courage, and prove your character. I shouldn't even acknowledge you, but damn dude.......enough already. 

Stop cryin like some useless crybaby ya done got ya panties in a wad truth hurts and ya ain't got a dose of reality but ya will it's a shame ya live a life of delusion based on a shame

4 hours ago, Zebrafan93 said:

I think you are correct about the defense. I would also add Harroff into the dline equation. Goes about 6'2" 250 and a motor that doesn't quit. IMO the front 7 of GVs defense vs the line of HS is the storyline for this game. 

Seems like the tougher the D, the more clock we eat. We break some long runs, but are content with 3yds at a time. Gonna be interesting I think.