Hughes Springs vs. Grandview

Horns85

White Oak was 7-4....not 10-1

My math says Hughes Springs opponents combined record 57-61..Grandview's double digit win over a nine win 4A team is probably better than any single win Hughes Springs has...although I do believe top to bottom Hughes Springs slate is tougher

5 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

My math says Hughes Springs opponents combined record 57-61..Grandview's double digit win over a nine win 4A team is probably better than any single win Hughes Springs has...although I do believe top to bottom Hughes Springs slate is tougher

Matt your math is correct.

8 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Yeah my research was a bit off, rather than fix it I took it down....

9 win 4A team....   what about the loss to the 4th place team in a weak district??

3 minutes ago, Mustang4life said:

9 win 4A team....   what about the loss to the 4th place team in a weak district??

I'm not sure we can take much from that. The four teams that made the playoffs beat up on each other 6-1 6-1 5-2 5-2.

All I can guarantee is come Friday at 2:30 the Mustangs (collectively) will make their community proud. Hughes Springs was wrote off in the summer to not even make the playoffs, mainly because the personnel they had returning. They've proved the naysayers wrong IMO. Unfortunately this time of year one will be going home and the others on to another week. Many of these young men on one team or the other will be strapping it up for the last time and I hope they've learned more than W's and L's. 

Yeah anything can happen. Heck WO blew a 14 Point lead late in the game with 3 int late. Then missed an xp to give commerce the win. If HS can play good, force some turnovers and control the clock, then they can win this one. Yes HS is the underdog but I’m pulling for em in an upset. 

1 hour ago, Mustang4life said:

Like Matt said..the towns are 9 miles apart and have 50_ years of history.  Also the then starting QB I believe threw 3/4 ints one returned for a TD that was the difference maker and then fumbled on the last drive with a minute left after picking up a big 1st down.  Things happen in rivalry games.  

And we'll see about the weak district part after this week.  District 6 still has 3 teams alive...more than any other district