Hughes Springs vs. Grandview

Horns85

I enjoy all of this hype. I’m glad you HS fans are excited about playing us. I’ve not seen you guys play, but obviously y’all have a good program. I think this could be a good game if HS plays without mistakes.. I’m excited to see the old school offense y’all run. On the other hand, y’all better be ready for our quick scoring offense. I’ve read  on this forum that we had a weak schedule, well we’re going to see if your team falls into that category. Our defense is better or as good as any 3a team in the state. Don’t start looking past us until it’s over. It will bite you every time.

29 minutes ago, Terry said:

I enjoy all of this hype. I’m glad you HS fans are excited about playing us. I’ve not seen you guys play, but obviously y’all have a good program. I think this could be a good game if HS plays without mistakes.. I’m excited to see the old school offense y’all run. On the other hand, y’all better be ready for our quick scoring offense. I’ve read  on this forum that we had a weak schedule, well we’re going to see if your team falls into that category. Our defense is better or as good as any 3a team in the state. Don’t start looking past us until it’s over. It will bite you every time.

We are the underdog. So we are definitely not looking past GV. Just having a little fun. On a serious note. GV defense is good regardless of schedule. But they are not among the best in the State against the Nasty. In fact, other than video, they have no idea whats coming. Hard to prepare doing half speed walk throughs against a scout team O that has no idea what they are doing. Thats why this will be a good game. Watching HS eat that clock for 75% of the game while your great defense gives up yard after yard will be demoralizing. Bring some binoculars and watch REALLY close, you might see the ball every once in a while. 😁 

7 minutes ago, HS1988 said:

We are the underdog. So we are definitely not looking past GV. Just having a little fun. On a serious note. GV defense is good regardless of schedule. But they are not among the best in the State against the Nasty. In fact, other than video, they have no idea whats coming. Hard to prepare doing half speed walk throughs against a scout team O that has no idea what they are doing. Thats why this will be a good game. Watching HS eat that clock for 75% of the game while your great defense gives up yard after yard will be demoralizing. Bring some binoculars and watch REALLY close, you might see the ball every once in a while. 😁 

So Whiteoak and Jefferson were obviously able to see the ball. We know what we are in for. It comes down to this.....Can HS play perfect for 4 quarters?   GV won’t need much time to score. So HS has to get points out of every possession...2/3 mistakes and that’s ballgame. 

2 minutes ago, Zebrafan93 said:

So Whiteoak and Jefferson were obviously able to see the ball. We know what we are in for. It comes down to this.....Can HS play perfect for 4 quarters?   GV won’t need much time to score. So HS has to get points out of every possession...2/3 mistakes and that’s ballgame. 

WO and Jeffy have experience as a few teams run our offense. You are ASSUMING that HS D wont get stops. That is flawed logic we will. You have no real idea where your o stands compared to other teams we have played. We have seen that type offense all year. In fact, every year. GV will also have to play perfect. Make a couple mistakes and see what happens. Gonna be a good un.

This eating up the clock talk is way overrated. Eating the clock 75% of the game, come on, reality will set in tomorrow. There will be turnovers, and we will capitalize. Our two 200 pound running backs are chomping at the bit. Your team gives up too many points and you sure won’t be able to out score us in the first place. When your way down at the half, I hope your coach can make adjustments to make this an enjoyable game. Our kids have been here time and time again. They’ve seen toughness, speed, and athleticism only to overcome it. Zebras will be ready as always! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope everyone has a safe trip to and from the game tomorrow.

40 minutes ago, HS1988 said:

WO and Jeffy have experience as a few teams run our offense. You are ASSUMING that HS D wont get stops. That is flawed logic we will. You have no real idea where your o stands compared to other teams we have played. We have seen that type offense all year. In fact, every year. GV will also have to play perfect. Make a couple mistakes and see what happens. Gonna be a good un.

Based on them giving up an acreage of 28 points a game....they haven’t stopped many.   They played great against Minnie but watching video Minnie offense was pretty awful and had been all season. 

Come on mister 88, don’t worry about the bs coming from me. I know nothing about this exceptional team, except they are going to take it to HS. I’m glad you summoned me though, you can’t argue without me. There’s no hype without you and myself. By the way, you can break a mustang, you can’t break a zebra! Hahahaha! Did you know zebras have been known to kill lions? Well, they have. Yeah, that just happened. There’s only enough room for one winner. Zebra nation mister 88! It’s going to happen whether you like it or not. 

43 minutes ago, Terry said:

Come on mister 88, don’t worry about the bs coming from me. I know nothing about this exceptional team, except they are going to take it to HS. I’m glad you summoned me though, you can’t argue without me. There’s no hype without you and myself. By the way, you can break a mustang, you can’t break a zebra! Hahahaha! Did you know zebras have been known to kill lions? Well, they have. Yeah, that just happened. There’s only enough room for one winner. Zebra nation mister 88! It’s going to happen whether you like it or not. 

Technically a zebra is a donkey with stripes. Usually get eaten by lions. This week, they will be trampled by a thundering herd of wild Mustangs. Now, you cant see that on Nat Geo so get there early. If you are on the Zebra side, they will be selling Midol at the consession stand to help you all with the butt hurt. Seriously, you guys will need therapy.. ....

Hahahaha!!! Nice! I like your enthusiasm. We’ll be feeding your stumbling herd touchdown sandwiches for four quarters. Your ponies should be full by the half. Hey, look on the bright side, you’ll get to root for the basketball team earlier. The concession stand will also be selling Prozac snow cones for you depressing ride home. You’ll be crying in your beer tomorrow night. If your not first you’re last mister 88. Hey, there’s nothing wrong with silver. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Terry said:

Hahahaha!!! Nice! I like your enthusiasm. We’ll be feeding your stumbling herd touchdown sandwiches for four quarters. Your ponies should be full by the half. Hey, look on the bright side, you’ll get to root for the basketball team earlier. The concession stand will also be selling Prozac snow cones for you depressing ride home. You’ll be crying in your beer tomorrow night. If your not first you’re last mister 88. Hey, there’s nothing wrong with silver. 

Good thing there are plenty brake repair shops in the metro area, yall gonna em replaced. Cause we bout to beat them brakes off tha Donkeys. 

You have good jokes mister 88, except for, not at all. You use the term city folk and then say we won’t have a full set of teeth, oxymoron come to mind? GV is 30 miles from any city. Country boys gonna put the hurt on those ponies. That Zebra is laughing by the way.  We will be laughing all the way home! Can’t wait to see the sadness overcome your faces. Where’s the third stooge? I have two of you stirred up. I’m glad there’s two of you, i don’t think the IQ of just one of you could hang.

14 minutes ago, Terry said:

You have good jokes mister 88, except for, not at all. You use the term city folk and then say we won’t have a full set of teeth, oxymoron come to mind? GV is 30 miles from any city. Country boys gonna put the hurt on those ponies. That Zebra is laughing by the way.  We will be laughing all the way home! Can’t wait to see the sadness overcome your faces. Where’s the third stooge? I have two of you stirred up. I’m glad there’s two of you, i don’t think the IQ of just one of you could hang.

Oh wow! 30 miles? Really? We 40 from a WalMart son. And it aint no Super Center. Yall bout as country as Luke Bryan.  Bet you listen to bro country on your way to get a pedi on sunday.