Who ya got?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

15 minutes ago, DTrump said:

I know it's hard to find out any info on these southern teams?

Maxpreps is one good way !

The Exporters are 8-3 and rolled Houston Worthing 66-0 last night in their Bi-District win.

They went 4-2 in their District which includes the likes of Bay City, Sealy and El Campo which it appears that all four of these teams advanced with wins this week (including Brazosport)...of course.

Expect Carthage to still take care of business.

3 minutes ago, RandyJohnson said:

The Exporters are 8-3 and rolled Houston Worthing 66-0 last night in their Bi-District win.

They went 4-2 in their District which includes the likes of Bay City, Sealy and El Campo which it appears that all four of these teams advanced with wins this week (including Brazosport)...of course.

Yea, I'm not a member of Maxpreps and the info I get is sketchy to say the least.

I expect Carthage to roll through like the Amtrak train in this game.

I really expect all 3 9-4A teams to win.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

6 minutes ago, DTrump said:

Yea, I'm not a member of Maxpreps and the info I get is sketchy to say the least.

I expect Carthage to roll through like the Amtrak train in this game.

I really expect all 3 9-4A teams to win.

Well...it may be "sketchy"  info to you but it does show every schools entire season schedules with results as well as each team's roster !

In that respect it provides "some" insight for the question you posted that I quoted on my initial post above !

I'd say that does work.

Carthage rolls next week !

11 minutes ago, RandyJohnson said:

Well...it may be "sketchy"  info to you but it does show every schools entire season schedules with results as well as each team's roster !

In that respect it provides "some" insight for the question you posted that I quoted on my initial post above !

I'd say that does work.

Carthage rolls next week !

Yea I was talking more of "inside" info. I do look at all the rest plus hudl.

Thanks for the info!

1 hour ago, RandyJohnson said:

While your looking at Maxpreps, look at Brazosport’s 2007-2016 records & schedule.  They have been a non factor until this year.  I believe this is the best season they have ever had.  They remind me a lot of Palestine.  Duel threat QB who can run & a speedy RB who has over 1,500 yards rushing on the season.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, lloyd45 said:

How do you not use exported there instead of transplanted :)

Cause that might be considered an insult in BHS circles .....

Besides, most times ET folks scratch their head at the term "Exporter" ....

But I can say that you ain't lived until you played with an anchor on the side of your helmet ....

especially in the old days before Brazoswood opened and split the talent pool.

Old Days - yes, I probably have socks older than most people who post on Smoaky.

7 minutes ago, DTrump said:

Did y'all see where Abilene Wylie got beat last night?

I already was kinda shocked that they were going in 6-3 ... 

and then I noticed that the 6-4 Decatur team they were facing had suffered their four losses to Argyle (10-0), Mid Heritage (10-0), Stephenville (8-2), and Hirschi (8-2) ...

At that point I began to wonder what might happen.

10 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

No history between these two teams.  Thanksgiving football is great!

Any day with football is a good day ...

Don't think Brazosport has ever traveled farther north than Liberty County ... and that was recently.

However, they have played a game or two and the site of this Area contest.

18 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

I dont know much about Brazosport...but I know plenty about Carthage. Dawgs roll...............

Think Palestine.  A couple of really good athletes at QB and RB and capable of putting up big points.  Slow down their run game and make them throw the ball and they struggle.

19 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

AW had too many injuries to compete this year. I saw a Decatur play at Argyle.

I left that game thinking Decatur is terrible and not worried about Carthage’s abilities to beat either Decatur or our friends from Argyle.

AW should have depth. They are right under the cut off every 2 years.

If they both make it out of the next round Argyle will meet up with Stephenville. Probably the only competition Argyle will have until maybe the semi's.