Who ya got?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

1 minute ago, Youngcoach123 said:

So Dawgs -16? I would still take the Dawgs. Now if I could get 24 that might be a wager worth exploring.

I've really watched one film,and The Ships seem run heavy, which plays into Carthage's Defense's hands; they seem to have great speed, so maybe they get their points better than Huffman-Hargraves did. 

Carthage has no history against them, I don't think, so my "spread" is based purely on speculation.

2 hours ago, DOB said:

I enjoyed my high school playing days there ... proud to have graduated from there  ... super coaches ... and got a really good education.

But being born in East Texas, living 90%+  of my life in ET, coaching and teaching 40 years in ET ... it's kind like my Mother usta say about her ET kinfolks:

"When they cut themselves shaving, they bleed red dirt and green pines"

And when you live in the heart of East Texas ... and you're a dyed-in-the-wool HS football fan ... you learn real quick that you shouldn't waste your hard earned money betting against Surratt and the Red Dawgs ... cause there just ain't no money to be made in doing so.

Awesome! Go Dawgs!

11 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Just watched DTrump’s Hudl video. I think the Bulldogs will win 49-21.

It’s the King & Davis show on offense.  Contain King and keep Davis in the pocket and force him to beat us with his arm.  I would say their secondary may be overmatched with the Carthage passing game.  If we can establish our running game early with Ingram we will be able to throw a ton the rest of the game.

12 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

So tell us about that exporter d

Just looking at the straight numbers ....

They score 41 per game and give up 30 per game.

They won four of their games by a touch or less ... and lost one close in OT

They gave up 50 to West Columbia in a loss in Wk 9 and had never given up less than 21 all season until the shutout of Worthing last week.

Given the ratio using pure numbers indicates Carthage by something like 38-28 ... but that assumes a lot of assumptions ... like equal opponents during the year.  However, my experience over the years with pure numbers (and looking at difficulty of schedule ratio of both), the result falls more into a range of 42/45 to 20/26 ... most of difficulty of schedule ratios come from an examination of quality wins (ie-wins vs teams with winning records): of that, Carthage is 4-0 vs teams with a winning record; while BP rests at 3-4 ... but the fact that BP has played more teams with a winning record than C tells us that BP has been well-tested in big game situations ...  all-in-all, we shall see ... 

Pure numbers tend to mean less when the game is played by seventeen-year olds with a ball that is shaped in such a way that it bounces funny and big Mo is often a fickle friend ...

36 minutes ago, DOB said:

Just looking at the straight numbers ....

They score 41 per game and give up 30 per game.

They won four of their games by a touch or less ... and lost one close in OT

They gave up 50 to West Columbia in a loss in Wk 9 and had never given up less than 21 all season until the shutout of Worthing last week.

Given the ratio using pure numbers indicates Carthage by something like 38-28 ... but that assumes a lot of assumptions ... like equal opponents during the year.  However, my experience over the years with pure numbers (and looking at difficulty of schedule ratio of both), the result falls more into a range of 42/45 to 20/24 ... most of difficulty of schedule ratios come from an examination of quality wins (ie-wins vs teams with winning records): of that, Carthage is 4-0 vs teams with a winning record; while BP rests at 3-4 ... but the fact that BP has played more teams with a winning record than C tells us that BP has been well-tested in big game situations ...  all-in-all, we shall see ... 

Pure numbers tend to mean less when the game is played with a ball that is shaped in such a way that it bounces funny and big Mo is often a fickle friend ...

Wow.  Are you in politics?  LOL

1 minute ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Wow.  Are you in politics?  LOL

No ... I hate 'em ... just an old, old coach who follows the game.

One thing to remember about statistics ... if you believe in them 100%, then you should believe that:

IF YOU SET YOUR HAIR ON FIRE and FREEZE YOUR FEET IN A BUCKET OF ICE ....

THEN YOU SHOULD BE ACTUALLY QUITE COMFORTABLE ...

• LOL! 2

1 minute ago, DOB said:

No ... I hate 'em ... just an old, old coach who follows the game.

One thing to remember about statistics ... if you believe in them 100%, then you should believe that:

IF YOU SET YOUR HAIR ON FIRE and FREEZE YOUR FEET IN A BUCKET OF ICE ....

THEN YOU SHOULD BE ACTUALLY QUITE COMFORTABLE ...

Ha ha.  Just messing with you.  I do believe that stats will give you tendencies that can be used as part of your overall strategy on O & D.

2 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Ha ha.  Just messing with you.  I do believe that stats will give you tendencies that can be used as part of your overall strategy on O & D.

Pure statistical data is more calming to look at than looking into the eyes of a uniformed seventeen-year old standing on the sideline before a big game wondering what they are thinking ... it's also easier to deal with numbers on a page than deciding what play to call when it's fourth-and-goal from the three and the entire season is on the line.

11 minutes ago, DOB said:

Pure statistical data is more calming to look at than looking into the eyes of a uniformed seventeen-year old standing on the sideline before a big game wondering what they are thinking ... it's also easier to deal with numbers on a page than deciding what play to call when it's fourth-and-goal from the three and the entire season is on the line.

True.  But I chose not to enter the coaching profession.  So I can enjoy looking at the stats all I want and cheer on the team on the 4th & goal play.  If we make it I can say I would have made the same call.  If we don’t I would have run a different play!  It’s the best of both worlds!

• Like 1

This game will feature two really good RB’s - King from Brazosport and Ingram from Carthage.  In 11 games King has rushed 271 times for 2,388 yards and 30 TD’s.  A whopping 8.8 ypc avg.  Ingram has also played in 11 games on the year.  He has rushed 158 times for 1,566 yards & 26 TD’s.  That’s right 9.9 ypc avg.  Which back will get the most rushing yards Fri?