Lovelady(7-4) vs Rivercrest(11-0) Saturday 7:30 Athens

LLIONPRIDE

Well I never said Lovelady was bad, but I will say Alto gives up an average of around 38 to 40 points a game, if you take out Cushing and Shelbyville who are both terrible, and they scored about the same amount of points on us as you did. So either we got a lot better on defense, or your offense isn’t very good. As far as us scoring 35 on S.A., Townsend had like 3 or 4 tds and played q.b a lot more. Lovelady has a pretty good front 7 on defense, and obviously a better defensive minded coach, who studies film. All we did is run right at you, and you loaded the box, which is smart because that’s all Thacker can do. We have played a least four 2A teams that are better than Lovelady, that being said you came out on top, and we get to get the round balls out. That’s the Playoffs!!!!

3 minutes ago, Alto44 said:

Well I never said Lovelady was bad, but I will say Alto gives up an average of around 38 to 40 points a game, if you take out Cushing and Shelbyville who are both terrible, and they scored about the same amount of points on us as you did. So either we got a lot better on defense, or your offense isn’t very good. As far as us scoring 35 on S.A., Townsend had like 3 or 4 tds and played q.b a lot more. Lovelady has a pretty good front 7 on defense, and obviously a better defensive minded coach, who studies film. All we did is run right at you, and you loaded the box, which is smart because that’s all Thacker can do. We have played a least four 2A teams that are better than Lovelady, that being said you came out on top, and we get to get the round balls out. That’s the Playoffs!!!!

We got close to scoring that we scored 34. 

22 for us and 12 for y’all 

I'll say it this way... Some teams just kinda slide thru dist, but when they hit the playoffs, their defense tightens up and their offense starts to click... Basically they become a completely different animal. If ya kinda look around and watch what goes on in playoffs.. Ya kinda get the feel for these teams.. Some teams peak during district play and just don't evolve an post season play comes along. Often times it's injuries, players attitude, coaching experience or whatever, but those certain ones always come alive when it live or die. That's my take on it. 

28 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

I'll say it this way... Some teams just kinda slide thru dist, but when they hit the playoffs, their defense tightens up and their offense starts to click... Basically they become a completely different animal. If ya kinda look around and watch what goes on in playoffs.. Ya kinda get the feel for these teams.. Some teams peak during district play and just don't evolve an post season play comes along. Often times it's injuries, players attitude, coaching experience or whatever, but those certain ones always come alive when it live or die. That's my take on it. 

Rivercrest had a come to Jesus meeting at halftime down 21-6 in Linden Kildare. A meeting and scare that has made us better. 

32 minutes ago, Alto44 said:

I’d say your right we seem to always have a good defense. And yes our offense could be better we have our moments where we look great. The first half against cv and the second half against Joaquin they looked pretty good. 

Paper is paper, that is why we play the game on the field, Rivercrest is not used to this kind of football, we will smash you in the mouth and not help you up....It will be a good game saturday in Athens.  Hope you all make it out.  I had to come out of retirement to take up for my LIons, bring on SA

LL is down this year from their norm.  Small Sr. class and playing D1 with D2 numbers.  Inconsistent and young, but they'll still come at you for four quarters.  Don't think they have the same caliber of horses they've had recently.  They don't have a kicker and I don't think they're as fast as past teams.  They'll probably be better next season.  Haven't seen Rivercrest or watched any film, but they're undefeated regardless of who they've played.  If they beat this year's LL (which I'm sure they're capable of doing) I don't see it as a "statement" type of game for them.  As far as I'm concerned they *should* win.  IMO it depends on LL.  If consistent LL shows up it'll be a hard row to hoe.   If the LL team that played Groveton shows up, well...  

24 minutes ago, Swamprebel99 said:

LL has a great tradition and I respect that! I agree it should be a good game! Somewhere down the line traditions start who’s to say Rivercrest’s couldn’t be starting! Either way shouybe a good game with good young men playing their hearts out! 

LL has a great tradition this millennium. But before That not so much. So yes you can start new traditions. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 1Rebelblue said:

I totally agree that they are good, and I'm glad people are underestimating us against them. 

Ya'll have our full attention. Trust me, it's been hammered home already that underestimating an 11-0 team you've never heard of will get you plenty of "COURT" time. Hope you guys can go 4 full quarters! Pulling starters too early in a lot of blowout games can sometimes hurt you. Especially when you're in a dogfight late in the game. Should be a good one!!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ThirdnLong said:

LL is down this year from their norm.  Small Sr. class and playing D1 with D2 numbers.  Inconsistent and young, but they'll still come at you for four quarters.  Don't think they have the same caliber of horses they've had recently.  They don't have a kicker and I don't think they're as fast as past teams.  They'll probably be better next season.  Haven't seen Rivercrest or watched any film, but they're undefeated regardless of who they've played.  If they beat this year's LL (which I'm sure they're capable of doing) I don't see it as a "statement" type of game for them.  As far as I'm concerned they *should* win.  IMO it depends on LL.  If consistent LL shows up it'll be a hard row to hoe.   If the LL team that played Groveton shows up, well...  

Rivercrest can go 16-0 this year and never have a statement game, every team we play isn't as good as they were in 2015, 2008, 1993. 

11 hours ago, lionbacker12 said:

Paper is paper, that is why we play the game on the field, Rivercrest is not used to this kind of football, we will smash you in the mouth and not help you up....It will be a good game saturday in Athens.  Hope you all make it out.  I had to come out of retirement to take up for my LIons, bring on SA

Hold your horses....you don't want SA

• LOL! 2

12 hours ago, lionbacker12 said:

Rivercrest runs for over 300 yards a game, plus the passing attack. What constitutes smash mouth football? Maybe 3 yards and a cloud of dust. LL doesn't play that. Rivercrest only gives up 10 point a game. What constitutes smash mouth football? Maybe 10 shutouts. Know one understands RC until they see us in person. We just glad to be here.