RD2 Big Sandy vs Centerville

ScoutingReport

3 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Gave up 57 and 47 in consecutive weeks.  47 to a mediocre team.  Lost to Lovelady, you know that team that got beat by Grapeland and Timpson.   I highly doubt that they are great.  Maybe theyve got a secret switch they turn on come playoffs?  Or maybe Joaquin shot themselves in the foot repeatedly and lost to a slightly above average team?

LL just beat the team that bs gave up 60 to   

23 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

LL just beat the team that bs gave up 60 to   

Yes, BS gave up 61 to Alto..the 2nd game of the season. Lots of teams still working on things to get ready for District. Those games mean nothing. 

Defense has improved. Is it enough to stop and tackle a horse and a cow? We shall see...

31 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Gave up 57 and 47 in consecutive weeks.  47 to a mediocre team.  Lost to Lovelady, you know that team that got beat by Grapeland and Timpson.   I highly doubt that they are great.  Maybe theyve got a secret switch they turn on come playoffs?  Or maybe Joaquin shot themselves in the foot repeatedly and lost to a slightly above average team?

It’s possible. It’s also possible that BS hasn’t played anyone. Their district isn’t exactly loaded with powerhouses. Remember, the team from our district that hasn’t won a district game in six years beat their runner-up. BS got woodshed by our 3-seed. They have every opportunity to prove me wrong, but I’ve seen them on film, and to me, they don’t pass the eye test. 

1 minute ago, jorr2car said:

Yes, BS gave up 61 to Alto..the 2nd game of the season. Lots of teams still working on things to get ready for District. Those games mean nothing. 

Defense has improved. Is it enough to stop and tackle a horse and a cow? We shall see...

Nothing against y’all he just keeps bringing up we got beat by grapeland which was the first game for us.  He’s acting as if LL is terrible. We have a decent team. Cv had a ton of turnovers against us. From how the scores are going Looks like a lot of  parity. Except for SA 

4 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Good response.   I don't get to see film and you know that I trust your judgement enough to put my deer stand in your line of fire.  

Don't, because he failed his eye test... hahaha

I'm mean for real... Centerville favored? Duh...is it a tall task for BS? Duh...Big Sandy will have to have their best game of the year & possibly a few balls bounce their way..... impossible...NO!

It all comes down to whether or big sandy's oline can have success and at least get to their spots. If our backs get in space they will be gone. I would imagine we will just rotate kids in on defense and try and find something to get a few stops and let the chips fall where they may.

26 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Ive watched Tenaha beat 3 teams youve lost to.  2 of them were average.   If you were in my shoes you'd probably think the same way.  

I see where your coming from but I think your forgetting that your not a average team they are playing. 

17 hours ago, knothead58 said:

I think Centerville was just the perfect matchup to stop Joaquin anyone else and Joaquin is playing this week still 

I honestly don't think cville is as good this year as last. With that being said they are very good and good at the power run. But you can beat power run with balance and a defense that makes timely stops.. Make no mistake about this, big Sandy is gonna hafta outscore cville and as GreezyChef said work for timely stops on defense, hammer the ball and strip it when possible. But most of all they will have to not get discouraged if cville scores... Maybe play for last possession and pray it ain't raining.. Js. Mite wanna run stunts at the interior line and backside corner blitzes.. 

18 hours ago, jorr2car said:

Big Sandy played a totally different Alto team than Lovelady played. We had Townsend at q.b and he threw for over 250 yards and rushed for almost 200 yards, against Lovelady he had 3 carries and 3 receptions and they were all short screens or comebacks, don’t ask me why just look what happens in Alto later in the school year. I think Lovelady is a good team, but it was clear to me at the time we played Big Sandy if they have gotten better thru the year they are the team to beat in our bracket. If you beat them you are going to the quarter finals to play San Augustine. S. A. Is beatable, contain Murr from running and tackle well on the running back and you can beat them.

1 hour ago, Alto44 said:

Big Sandy played a totally different Alto team than Lovelady played. We had Townsend at q.b and he threw for over 250 yards and rushed for almost 200 yards, against Lovelady he had 3 carries and 3 receptions and they were all short screens or comebacks, don’t ask me why just look what happens in Alto later in the school year. I think Lovelady is a good team, but it was clear to me at the time we played Big Sandy if they have gotten better thru the year they are the team to beat in our bracket. If you beat them you are going to the quarter finals to play San Augustine. S. A. Is beatable, contain Murr from running and tackle well on the running back and you can beat them.

Wow...thanks for the positive words. 

I personally think we have improved but of course I'm going to think that. 

Our QB set the school record this year for passing yards and have not heard about touchdowns yet, but he has got to be close. 2 all East Texas backs (from last year) both well over a 1000 yards each. 

Defense has been up and down. But since Alto have not given up points like that again. Played lights out vs an athletic Kerens team with without our leading tackler and held them to 17. Fist playoff game gave up 54 yards rushing for the game, but 53 of that came on one play. 

Gonna be a tough one, gotta be balanced on offense and practice tacking horses this week.

20 hours ago, knothead58 said:

I think Centerville was just the perfect matchup to stop Joaquin anyone else and Joaquin is playing this week still 

I could not agree more . It was the perfect combination but we also made a #### ton of mistakes . Going back and watching the game film is depressing .. if ya play like that, you will get beat by anybody ..

With that said, i don’t think Centerville is as good as we made them look . They definitely have size and are very physical but they have struggled with balanced attacks out of the spread. Lovelady made them look awful , and Mart just embarrassed them . Now granted IMO, Mart is the best team in the state but still Centerville struggled with it . I think BS offense will move the ball on them well . It’s all going to come down to if you can stop their run game . 

1 hour ago, jorr2car said:

Wow...thanks for the positive words. 

I personally think we have improved but of course I'm going to think that. 

Our QB set the school record this year for passing yards and have not heard about touchdowns yet, but he has got to be close. 2 all East Texas backs (from last year) both well over a 1000 yards each. 

Defense has been up and down. But since Alto have not given up points like that again. Played lights out vs an athletic Kerens team with without our leading tackler and held them to 17. Fist playoff game gave up 54 yards rushing for the game, but 53 of that came on one play. 

Gonna be a tough one, gotta be balanced on offense and practice tacking horses this week.

Might wanna use Clydesdale's for practice.. Js 

6 hours ago, yourteamstinks said:

I could not agree more . It was the perfect combination but we also made a #### ton of mistakes . Going back and watching the game film is depressing .. if ya play like that, you will get beat by anybody ..

With that said, i don’t think Centerville is as good as we made them look . They definitely have size and are very physical but they have struggled with balanced attacks out of the spread. Lovelady made them look awful , and Mart just embarrassed them . Now granted IMO, Mart is the best team in the state but still Centerville struggled with it . I think BS offense will move the ball on them well . It’s all going to come down to if you can stop their run game . 

I’m picking Centerville to get to regional finals to play SA. It’s my opinion that, outside of SA, they are the best in the region at doing what they do. I️ feel like they will get enough stops on defense to beat BS and RC/ LL. SA has the best combination of a run/ pass game. BS, LL, and RC all do some version of what SA does, but none of them have the combination of athleticism and execution that SA puts on the field. Until then, Centerville will continue to run over and through the teams in their path. 

• Like 1