6A D2 R2 Area: Longview vs Dallas Jesuit

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (10-1) vs Dallas Jesuit Rangers (7-4)  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Dallas Jesuit in a close one
    • Dallas Jesuit in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/25/2017 at 10:00 PM

5 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

and tackle. The first time. 

That's a given. This team hasn't had too much issue with that, thankfully.

The WB QB got away a couple of times, but almost every single time there was someone else waiting for him right there.

Just keep improving, play your game and get as healthy as possible. One more week until the big man comes back.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

That's a given. This team hasn't had too much issue with that, thankfully.

The WB QB got away a couple of times, but almost every single time there was someone else waiting for him right there.

Just keep improving, play your game and get as healthy as possible. One more week until the big man comes back.

I saw he had a soft cast on....glad he decided to wait and play with no cast.   Just hope he is ready he hasn't been taking hits for 3 months no way he will be 100%

42 minutes ago, Lobouno said:

Offense is 

Probably true.

Parker Towns already has over 3,000 passing yards and 24 touchdowns, so they're definitely better in the passing department.

What killed us against LR was Duffey ability to avoid our rush and move the ball with his feet. I don't think Towns has that ability from what I've seen and read about them so far.

14 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Probably true.

Parker Towns already has over 3,000 passing yards and 24 touchdowns, so they're definitely better in the passing department.

What killed us against LR was Duffey ability to avoid our rush and move the ball with his feet. I don't think Towns has that ability from what I've seen and read about them so far.

Seen some highlights where he runs some but I highly doubt he is anywhere close to what Duffey was

17 hours ago, gtee2 said:

55-52 Longview...but wouldn't be suprised if the outcome was reversed

THIS is simply laughable !!

Oh my ! LOL

Jesuit will move the ball and will score BUT their defense isn't even in the same REALM as Longview's.

The Lobos will wreak havoc with their team speed and playmakers on both offense and defense as well as special teams against Jesuit.

Write it down and take notes...gtee !

• Thanks 1

Uh, y'all...  I ain't trying to make any bulletin board material but I've watched some film of Jesuit and they seem like a somewhat above-average 5A squad. This looks like a pretty bad mismatch. I just don't see how Jesuit can compete with the Lobos. I don't feel nervous about this game. In fact, I feel little empathy for the Jesuit. I think they're gonna get whipped pretty bad. I was more concerned with West Brook last Monday than I am with Jesuit today. 

THEIR DEFENSE: As injury-depleted, young, and small (compared to past seasons) as our offensive line is, Jesuit's defensive front is no match.  Their linebackers bite on every play-action, leaving the middle of the field wide open. Jaylin Brown could carve them up like turkeys. The secondary is about the same. Quick slant routes will be open all day, but Jesuit doesn't have a guy on their roster who can go one-on-one with Adarius Carter. If I'm Haynes King, all I do is take a three-step drop and throw an alley-oop to A.C. The only way Jesuit  could stop it is to tackle the receiver before the ball gets there. 

THEIR OFFENSE: Jesuit's got some playmakers. The young Smith kid is excellent running in space and their quarterback is a heckuva gamer,. They'll break a few big plays and score some points. But overall I just don't think they can handle our physicality. Their line seems slow-footed and soft. Don't get me wrong, they're well-coached and have impressive footwork for high school linemen. They're also a lot bigger than our defensive front. But I just don't see any of them able to really compete with our physical and aggressive d-line. Cam Starling and J.C. Blakemore will have solid games. Jesuit's quarterback will have to throw on the run a lot, which is gonna create opportunities for our secondary.  I'm expecting a minimum of three interceptions, unless they try to pick on Jalen Carr. If they try to throw it on his side of the field he could have a career day.  

CONCLUSION: Lobos don't have to shut them out, but I think a shootout is unlikely. Jesuit will have a hard time stopping Longview from scoring 50+ but I don't see them managing more than three or four scores. I think their ceiling is 35 points. If King finally unleashes A.C. we will score 60 points. But if Jessie Anderson is able to start, we'll hit 70. Jesuit doesn't have anyone on their roster who can contain either of those guys. 

Lobos win, 52-35.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lobouno said:

I saw he had a soft cast on....glad he decided to wait and play with no cast.   Just hope he is ready he hasn't been taking hits for 3 months no way he will be 100%

For 99.9 percent high school players, this is a valid and legitimate concern... but Jessie Anderson is the rare kind of high school back who seems to thrive on contact. I've seen him hemmed in by the defense along the sideline and, instead of stepping out of bounds, he lowers his head and blasts into the pile. Anderson's a throwback. If it was up to him, I doubt he would've missed a single game. I bet he would've rather just taken some Tylenol and played injured, than miss a single game.  

But you're right, there's no way he's physically 100 percent. Bones just don't completely heal in such a short amount of time. If the medical/coaching coaching staff agree to let him play, I trust that the obvious preventative measures will be taken with cast/padding and such. If he is able to see action, I hope it's limited once the outcome is assured. No reason to press your luck. 

13 minutes ago, Matthias said:

If he is able to see action, I hope it's limited once the outcome is assured.

I've heard they won't even try him this week, but if so I agree with this statement.

If our offense can't get it done against this team we're facing without Jessie, we don't deserve to be there in the first place.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Matthias said:

For 99.9 percent high school players, this is a valid and legitimate concern... but Jessie Anderson is the rare kind of high school back who seems to thrive on contact. I've seen him hemmed in by the defense along the sideline and, instead of stepping out of bounds, he lowers his head and blasts into the pile. Anderson's a throwback. If it was up to him, I doubt he would've missed a single game. I bet he would've rather just taken some Tylenol and played injured, than miss a single game.  

But you're right, there's no way he's physically 100 percent. Bones just don't completely heal in such a short amount of time. If the medical/coaching coaching staff agree to let him play, I trust that the obvious preventative measures will be taken with cast/padding and such. If he is able to see action, I hope it's limited once the outcome is assured. No reason to press your luck. 

It wasn't just a fracture of Anderson's wrist/arm but there was ligament damage as well.

A break will generally heal in somewhere of the neighborhood of 8-10 weeks which he's surpassed beyond now. However, the ligament tear has been the overriding issue and has been what's needed to completely heal.

Matthias's analogy of Anderson being a throwback player is "spot on". He plays with reckless abandon and disregard to the punishment he's inflicting to not only defenders but himself. 

I think we'll see him back when the time comes that he's ready per his doctor and Longview's staff.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Matthias said:

THEIR OFFENSE: They're also a lot bigger than our defensive front.

For what it's worth, they were A LOT bigger than our D front in both the 2004 and 2012 meetings as well.

I think people just need to accept it right now, this team we're facing WILL move the football. They're going to get their yards. They're going to get some scores. We just need enough stops that let our offense run away from em just a bit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

For what it's worth, they were A LOT bigger than our D front in both the 2004 and 2012 meetings as well.

I think people just need to accept it right now, this team we're facing WILL move the football. They're going to get their yards. They're going to get some scores. We just need enough stops that let our offense run away from em just a bit.

Maaaan that 2004 game in the rain. Loved every minute of it... At least until us starters were pulled and it was cold and wet. 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2017 at 12:09 PM, Matthias said:

I liked seeing more of the quick hit passes early on. Yeah, they didn't break a big play but I think it helped gradually open up lanes for the running game. 

Establish the pass to help the run? I think the 1937 team is turning over in their graves. :lol: 

I will bet that isn't the first time they have rolled over. They have been holding us up for 80 years. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

I will bet that isn't the first time they have rolled over. They have been holding us up for 80 years. 

1967, 1975, 1986, 1997, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2015.

And those are just the seasons off the top of my head. 

Heck, you could throw 1996, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008 for good measure. 

You would’ve thought we could’ve pulled it off in at least one of those seasons. Just insane.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

No doubt about it.

I'm interested in hearing how you see this Lobo defense giving up 52 points to them though.

Honestly I'm just going off the stats I'm reading and LR is the first thing pop up in my mind. No way in hell we shoulda lost or gave up 56 to them...SMDH