6A D2 R2 Area: Longview vs Dallas Jesuit

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (10-1) vs Dallas Jesuit Rangers (7-4)  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Dallas Jesuit in a close one
    • Dallas Jesuit in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/25/2017 at 10:00 PM

Area games under John King -
2004: W 44-14 vs Dallas Jesuit (Lion Memorial Stadium) - Rain and windy as heck in Ennis. Hour+ long delay. But Longview rolled early and often in this one. Only score when the game was competitive from Jesuit as a fake punt that went 40+ yards. Other than that, Longview rolled up over 500 yards rushing.
2006: L 24-21 vs Garland (Texas Stadium) - Longview controlled the entire game, yet let it slip away. Kickoff return for the Owls, and a 42 yard field goal gave Garland the lead in the 4th quarter. Longview had a chance to win it but had to settle for a 30-yard field goal only for it to be blocked. Garland ended up advancing all the way to the State Semis.
2007: W 28-14 vs South Garland (Texas Stadium) - Lobos rolled in the 2nd quarter grabbing a 21-0 lead, and never let the Colonels get close. 352 yards rushing, 110 yards passing in a rainy day at Texas Stadium.
2008: W 49-22 vs Lancaster (John E. Kincaide Stadium) - Longview rolled out to a 21-0 lead at halftime, and despite the Tigers' best efforts, they could never get back in the game. Longview had a 99-yard interception return for their final score of the night.
2009: W 14-13 vs Waco Midway (John E. Kincaide Stadium) - The one that got away from the Panthers. Lobos jumped out to a 14-0 lead at halftime, but could never really get anything going on the day. Midway clawed their way back and scored in the final minutes of the game only to decide to go for two after Longview jumped offsides on the previous PAT attempt. Panthers got stuffed and the rest is history as Longview advanced to their 2nd straight State Title game.
2010: W 27-14 vs South Garland (John E. Kincaide Stadium) - The wind was everything in this game. Neither team could pass much but once the Lobos got the wind to their back they went to work and it led to a 17-0 lead at halftime. Lobos never let the Colonels back in it after half.
2011: W 59-35 vs Garland Sachse (John E. Kincaide Stadium) - Longview jumped out to a 38-7 lead with a dominating running game. But the Mustangs never let up, throwing the ball over 50 yards and grabbing 364 yards. But Lobos still held on for the W.
2012: W 57-25 vs Dallas Jesuit (Wildcat-Ram Stadium) - Jesuit grabbed a 19-14 lead early in the 2nd quarter, then Longview exploded for 44 points the rest of the way and allowing just 6. Longview rolled up 468 yards rushing on the night in a game that featured a 99-yard touchdown run by Tory White.
2013: W 27-10 vs McKinney Boyd (Wildcat-Ram Stadium) - McKinney Boyd led 10-7 at halftime before the Lobos awoke and rolled to a 27-10 victory in the 2nd half. By far one of the coldest Lobo games I've ever sat through.
2014: L 37-35 vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (Rose Stadium) - Longview fell behind 16-0 early in the 2nd quarter before the Lobos rushed back to take a 21-16 lead. But the Eagles instantly retook the 23-21 lead right before halftime. The two teams would exchange scores with Longview having one final chance to win the game on a 49-yard field goal attempt in the pouring rain. But the kick went just wide to the left.
2015: W 21-20 vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (DeSoto's Eagle Stadium) - One of the tighter playoff games under John King, both teams' offenses and defenses went back and forth all night long. The Jaguars missed an extra point on their lone touchdown of the 4th quarter to give the Lobos a 1-point lead. They had one final chance to win it, but a 34-yard field goal attempt sailed wid right and Longview held on for the victory.

3 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Area games under John King -
2004: W 44-14 vs Dallas Jesuit (Lion Memorial Stadium) - Rain and windy as heck in Ennis. Hour+ long delay. But Longview rolled early and often in this one. Only score when the game was competitive from Jesuit as a fake punt that went 40+ yards. Other than that, Longview rolled up over 500 yards rushing.
2006: L 24-21 vs Garland (Texas Stadium) - Longview controlled the entire game, yet let it slip away. Kickoff return for the Owls, and a 42 yard field goal gave Garland the lead in the 4th quarter. Longview had a chance to win it but had to settle for a 30-yard field goal only for it to be blocked. Garland ended up advancing all the way to the State Semis.
2007: W 28-14 vs South Garland (Texas Stadium) - Lobos rolled in the 2nd quarter grabbing a 21-0 lead, and never let the Colonels get close. 352 yards rushing, 110 yards passing in a rainy day at Texas Stadium.
2008: W 49-22 vs Lancaster (John E. Kincaide Stadium) - Longview rolled out to a 21-0 lead at halftime, and despite the Tigers' best efforts, they could never get back in the game. Longview had a 99-yard interception return for their final score of the night.
2009: W 14-13 vs Waco Midway (John E. Kincaide Stadium) - The one that got away from the Panthers. Lobos jumped out to a 14-0 lead at halftime, but could never really get anything going on the day. Midway clawed their way back and scored in the final minutes of the game only to decide to go for two after Longview jumped offsides on the previous PAT attempt. Panthers got stuffed and the rest is history as Longview advanced to their 2nd straight State Title game.
2010: W 27-14 vs South Garland (John E. Kincaide Stadium) - The wind was everything in this game. Neither team could pass much but once the Lobos got the wind to their back they went to work and it led to a 17-0 lead at halftime. Lobos never let the Colonels back in it after half.
2011: W 59-35 vs Garland Sachse (John E. Kincaide Stadium) - Longview jumped out to a 38-7 lead with a dominating running game. But the Mustangs never let up, throwing the ball over 50 yards and grabbing 364 yards. But Lobos still held on for the W.
2012: W 57-25 vs Dallas Jesuit (Wildcat-Ram Stadium) - Jesuit grabbed a 19-14 lead early in the 2nd quarter, then Longview exploded for 44 points the rest of the way and allowing just 6. Longview rolled up 468 yards rushing on the night in a game that featured a 99-yard touchdown run by Tory White.
2013: W 27-10 vs McKinney Boyd (Wildcat-Ram Stadium) - McKinney Boyd led 10-7 at halftime before the Lobos awoke and rolled to a 27-10 victory in the 2nd half. By far one of the coldest Lobo games I've ever sat through.
2014: L 37-35 vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (Rose Stadium) - Longview fell behind 16-0 early in the 2nd quarter before the Lobos rushed back to take a 21-16 lead. But the Eagles instantly retook the 23-21 lead right before halftime. The two teams would exchange scores with Longview having one final chance to win the game on a 49-yard field goal attempt in the pouring rain. But the kick went just wide to the left.
2015: W 21-20 vs Mansfield Lake Ridge (DeSoto's Eagle Stadium) - One of the tighter playoff games under John King, both teams' offenses and defenses went back and forth all night long. The Jaguars missed an extra point on their lone touchdown of the 4th quarter to give the Lobos a 1-point lead. They had one final chance to win it, but a 34-yard field goal attempt sailed wid right and Longview held on for the victory.

2015 game actually against Mansfield Summit, but nonetheless great record for King in the Area round

43 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

No idea why I typed LR, but yes Area in 2015 was Summit.

Still feel like we shouldn’t of won that game but they escaped thankfully.

The summit Game? Yea i remember that one. I think Mav was there too in Desoto. It was a better game than i expected. After watching both teams before the game, I honestly thought y’all would win by a few scores. I think i told JBabi that before the game too. Lobos were definitely lucky to win that one. Summit had several chances to win it late in that game. I walked away impressed with their QB and defense. They weren’t that big, but they played well. 

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

No idea why I typed LR, but yes Area in 2015 was Summit.

Still feel like we shouldn’t of won that game but they escaped thankfully.

We were extremely lucky to win that one but just think about how many games we lost in the playoffs over the past few years over missed field goals, glad it finally went our way

50 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

The summit Game? Yea i remember that one. I think Mav was there too in Desoto. It was a better game than i expected. After watching both teams before the game, I honestly thought y’all would win by a few scores. I think i told JBabi that before the game too. Lobos were definitely lucky to win that one. Summit had several chances to win it late in that game. I walked away impressed with their QB and defense. They weren’t that big, but they played well. 

That Summit game was a weird one. They completely dominated us early. We fumbled it deep in our territory down a score in the 1st I believe but they said we were down thankfully. That seemed to wake us up. And we took control only for them to go nuts converting those 3rd and 15/20+ yarders.

I still can’t believe he missed that chip shot field goal. 

1 minute ago, LoboUp95 said:

We were extremely lucky to win that one but just think about how many games we lost in the playoffs over the past few years over missed field goals, glad it finally went our way

No doubt. We got the payback from winning that one just two weeks later with missing the one in AT&T. Though, if never should’ve come down to that field goal after we were so close in the final minutes vs LR. Still we were crazy beat up after that game. Even if we got past Aleso, George Ranch would’ve been a crazy difficult game.