Newton vs West Rusk

NewtonNation

Who wins?   

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

3 hours ago, EaglesFootball said:

Newton had the same problems as Silsbee with same storm. Newton had 1 scrimmage and same amount of practice. Newton also was not in school during this game so that excuse is no good.

We scrimmaged Jasper and LCM, and in the bye week tried to play Buna but they declined! 

On paper eveything is comparable, two common opponents Arp & Corrigan-Camden. 

Corrigan-Camden lost to Newton 52-0 (40-0 at halftime)

Corrigan-Camden lost to West Rusk 42-7 (35-7 at halftime)

Arp lost to Newton 58-0 (41-0 at halftime)

Arp lost to West Rusk 24-0 (14-0 at halftime)

I feel like both defenses are comparable but Newton's offense is quite a bit stronger. Arp's defense held the West Rusk offense to about half their average. The Arp defense did nothing to slow down the Newton offense. The West Rusk defense will be the best we have seen in a while but I think those Eagles are up to the challenge. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 5thdown said:

the whole fig village will be crying come Friday night! District 9 will make a statement in this game like no other, figs are going home with a sick stomach from defeat!!! 

Put that crack pipe down.. You be leaving with JJ at half with a sack over your head.. Promise

6 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

You forgot Texas A&M commit Tyree Wilson:

112 tackles, 37 tackles for loss (Leading East Texas) and 5 sacks 

also Diego Molina: 

119 tackles and 32 tackles for loss

I didn't forget. They are good but not the tackle leader. I think y'alls tackle stats are a little shady. With all those tfl why are there three guys with over 100 tackles. I guess teams are just sustaining longer drives against y'all's defense than our defense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, NewtonNation said:

I didn't forget. They are good but not the tackle leader. I think y'alls tackle stats are a little shady. With all those tfl why are there three guys with over 100 tackles. I guess teams are just sustaining longer drives against y'all's defense than our defense. 

I’m not going to call any names but when we played a team earlier this year we ran something like 52 plays. That week the team had six players nominated for defensive player of the week  and between the six players they had 90 something tackles.

9 hours ago, Tiger1995 said:

Negative ghost rider. Beckville has that man. 

Gonna disagree.....Stand Lindsey, Wilson, and Overshown side by side and pick which stud you'd build a team around. I dunno who I'd pick but I'd tell you who I wouldn't.