Newton vs West Rusk

NewtonNation

Who wins?   

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

2 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

Who knows?? We will find out Friday night! Why do you think y’all will win? 

1. Looking at the two teams that scored on y'all the most, it appears that pass defense is y'alls weakness. New Diana passed for 300 yards and Elysian Fields passed for over 300 yards.

2. Also my buddy 09' from Corrigan-Camden told me they moved the ball on the ground against y'all but couldn't close out drives. 

Along with these two reasons I also look at the Arp game, the Tiger defense cut y'alls numbers in half. We played that same defense and you know how that turned out. 

If Arp can hold y'all to 24 I think Newton can do better than that.

That is my offense and defense reasoning. You can take all the above, print it out, tape a nickel to it and throw it away and you have thrown away a nickel. It may not hold up but I think it will. 

• Like 1

Gonna be a good game!! 

13 minutes ago, NewtonNation said:

1. Looking at the two teams that scored on y'all the most, it appears that pass defense is y'alls weakness. New Diana passed for 300 yards and Elysian Fields passed for over 300 yards.

2. Also my buddy 09' from Corrigan-Camden told me they moved the ball on the ground against y'all but couldn't close out drives. 

Along with these two reasons I also look at the Arp game, the Tiger defense cut y'alls numbers in half. We played that same defense and you know how that turned out. 

If Arp can hold y'all to 24 I think Newton can do better than that.

That is my offense and defense reasoning. You can take all the above, print it out, tape a nickel to it and throw it away and you have thrown away a nickel. It may not hold up but I think it will. 

watched the Waskom game and they moved the football a lot as well and couldn't finish the drive. WR gave up the edges quite a bit. WR has some flat out ballers on that squad though. Don't get it twisted. Last year ended on a head scratcher. LOL. The new OC has made a huge difference.

It's gonna be a good game. 

7 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

Nobody is going to say who will be out! 

13 minutes ago, armchair said:

Gonna be a good game!! 

watched the Waskom game and they moved the football a lot as well and couldn't finish the drive. WR gave up the edges quite a bit. WR has some flat out ballers on that squad though. Don't get it twisted. Last year ended on a head scratcher. LOL. The new OC has made a huge difference.

It's gonna be a good game. 

2 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Don't go into this game thinking WR is trash bro. I know Newton is loaded but this WR team is pretty dang salty too. I dunno if they'll beat y'all or not but I can assure you.....you'll get all you want.

I do not see it , Newton is way more stacked 

1 hour ago, Back2swag said:

I do not see it , Newton is way more stacked 

On 2nd thought, I'm beginning to think there's more of a gap between these teams than I thought. Hoping I'm wrong....but I think Newton may pull away in. The 2nd half. 

8 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

I’ll be looking for y’all! Not sure where I’ll be sitting yet. Gonna get there early so I can get a good seat though! 

Nick I just made an account but gonna be voting on WR to shut out D10 this week along with Waskom! Hope to see you in Regionals!!

My wag is Newton by 24.  But my respect for West Rusk's academic honesty is priceless.  I doubt many teams at this point in the playoffs will have kids sitting out because of grades.  Hats off to WR.  They're reaching kids a lot more than just football.