Newton vs West Rusk

NewtonNation

Who wins?   

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Newton will spread WRs defense out all over the field.  Line up to stop their potent running game and they will kill you throwing short to intermediate level passes.  Their QB will take off and run it in a second, come up to tackle him and he will flip the ball 15-20 yards down the field to one of their speedy/athletic receivers.  Lay back and defend the pass and one of the most potent running games in East Texas will run roughshod down the field .... 

Newton's defense is also stifling.  They are very physical and swarm tackle and will be in the backfield as RBs are getting the handoff time and time again.  Try throwing against their ball hawk secondary and pay the price, if the QB even gets off the pass.    If Newton was in the 4AI or 4AII bracket they would go a long way .... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nick2011 said:

Man, as hard as some of you ride Newton if they don’t win State this year it will be a total letdown and a lot of you will have loads of crow to eat! 

It’s there’s to lose, IMO. 

That being said... WR is not the cupcakes they’ve played most of the season. Sound football team that has a shot this week. The go daddy on defense is the best player in district. He’s all over the field in games I’ve seen. 

That being said, Newton “should” win by three scores. 

1 minute ago, Nick2011 said:

Shoot kirt, I think they need to just throw them in the 6a bracket so maybe Allen or somebody like that would give Newton some competition. Maybe even set up a game against the Oklahoma Sooners or something? 

Don’t worry about him he rides their jock straps every year. 

WR shocks the world!

53 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Newton will spread WRs defense out all over the field.  Line up to stop their potent running game and they will kill you throwing short to intermediate level passes.  Their QB will take off and run it in a second, come up to tackle him and he will flip the ball 15-20 yards down the field to one of their speedy/athletic receivers.  Lay back and defend the pass and one of the most potent running games in East Texas will run roughshod down the field .... 

Newton's defense is also stifling.  They are very physical and swarm tackle and will be in the backfield as RBs are getting the handoff time and time again.  Try throwing against their ball hawk secondary and pay the price, if the QB even gets off the pass.    If Newton was in the 4AI or 4AII bracket they would go a long way .... 

Newton don't wanna be in 4a LMAO..

45 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Shoot kirt, I think they need to just throw them in the 6a bracket so maybe Allen or somebody like that would give Newton some competition. Maybe even set up a game against the Oklahoma Sooners or something? 

Never said anything about 6A or the Sooners ... like Howard Cosell ... I'm just telling it like it is ... :airquote:

14 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Ask Silsbee about Newton ...

Ok back to 3a, from what I'm hearing Newton is loaded and like I said, Newton should win this game but you never know, we all thought the same thing last yr about the Arp game.

14 minutes ago, TJ89 said:

Ok back to 3a, from what I'm hearing Newton is loaded and like I said, Newton should win this game but you never know, we all thought the same thing last yr about the Arp game.

Ohhhhh, after a dose of reality, you want to go back to 3A ... LMAO

9 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Ohhhhh, after a dose of reality, you want to go back to 3A ... LMAO

That was the 4th round though , Newton didn’t play well early against EF last year but pulled together in the end . The question is will Newton keep playing well and finish the Season .. That’s a question every year .