Newton vs West Rusk

NewtonNation

Who wins?   

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Congrats to WR, played a very tough game.  BEST team Newton has faced so far.  I predicted at least 20 point win and was wrong.  I admit that!  

Nick, yes you predicted a WR win, no it was not a blow out but come on man.  Dont stoop to JJ's sore loser attitude. 

9 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

And mistakes is what will keep them from winning State too, watch and see! 

I agree if they continue to make them. 

They’ve gone about 6 games in a row playing fairly clean up until tonight. 

Johnston will work those unnecessary penalties out of them. 

4 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Arp got 4th in our district and y’all could barely beat them. Nobody is crying just telling it like it is. Both of the teams that played in Tatum tonight would have beat Tatum this year and that’s a fact. Keep riding Newton’s jock even though you are from Tatum! 

I’m sorry, can you say that again. All those cry baby tears got in my screen and I can’t read it. 

• LOL! 1

There was never a question whether WR would beat Newton throughout this game. They had no offense. Undisciplined offensive football from Newton kept this from being a 20+ win. The 21-7 score doesn't justify the whooping WR took. 

• Like 2

Just now, LPack said:

There was never a question whether WR would beat Newton throughout this game. They had no offense. Undisciplined offensive football from Newton kept this from being a 20+ win. The 21-7 score doesn't justify the whooping WR took. 

Exactly 

Just now, Nick2011 said:

Lol yeah okay. Discredit what our defense did. Every person I have talked to this season has said the same exact thing about Newton, that they are undisciplined. That will get them beat if they don’t clean it up and we had 2 opportunities to score in the red zone late in the 4th and failed to do it! You’re delusional if you think Newton whooped us! Lol 

So what you’re saying is that the Newton defense is the real MVP?

6 minutes ago, LPack said:

Spot on! 

Just now, Nick2011 said:

Lol yeah okay. Discredit what our defense did. Every person I have talked to this season has said the same exact thing about Newton, that they are undisciplined. That will get them beat if they don’t clean it up and we had 2 opportunities to score in the red zone late in the 4th and failed to do it! You’re delusional if you think Newton whooped us! Lol 

I went as a neutral fan & I saw nothing from WR that led me to believe they would beat Newton at any point in the game. I agree that WR defense was legit but their offense had nothing. When you got a kid like #7 and Newton is playing press man with no safety help early in the first half how do they not heave it up and hope to get some sort of offense going (they eventually did but he was obviously double covered). Newton is the much better team and they outplayed WR is every facet. 

• Thanks 1

Great season WR. Seems like you played tough. Newton needs to clean up their mistakes.  Waskom will be a great warm up game before the state semifinals. Gonna blow the doors off them boys. You let Garrison hang 28 on you. That’s hilarious. 

3 minutes ago, LPack said:

I went as a neutral fan & I saw nothing from WR that led me to believe they would beat Newton at any point in the game. I agree that WR defense was legit but their offense had nothing. When you got a kid like #7 and Newton is playing press man with no safety help early in the first half how do they not heave it up and hope to get some sort of offense going (they eventually did but he was obviously double covered). Newton is the much better team and they outplayed WR is every facet. 

Every facet of the game. And to have given up 350 yards and talk about how stifling their defense was? I don’t understand that! 

Yes. Newton only scored 21, but they whipped them all night. Both sides of the ball. 

And thise refs sure didn’t help their cause. 

And 62 playing dead? Just to slow down Newton’s offense. I’d be embarrassed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BiggieSmalls said:

Lol. You saw all the penalties and huge plays and touchdowns called back. That’s the first game with several penalties like that. Very conservative game and played a good team. They will be just fine. You’re just salty. They will clean that up and play better. One bad game in a year isn’t too bad? Don’t be so mad. Have fun watching, bud!! 

The block in the backs were real! Real stupid. Same kid twice and I saw the coach ripping him. We had a seven man crew tonight so those penalties are seen easily. Not that the crew was great but the offensive lines were called on holding a lot. Gotta clean up the stupid mistakes though and Newton will be fine. Waskom will not have an answer! Not big, fast or physical enough for this bunch. Newton’s defense is better than they were a few years ago when they went to the ship against Waskom and Waskom is no where near what they were without Amie. 

10 minutes ago, BD04 said:

Great season WR. Seems like you played tough. Newton needs to clean up their mistakes.  Waskom will be a great warm up game before the state semifinals. Gonna blow the doors off them boys. You let Garrison hang 28 on you. That’s hilarious. 

14 came after starters were pulled, but hey, you're right, we're nothing to worry about!!

19 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

I’m sorry I couldn’t hear you, try taking Newton’s D out your mouth for a second that might help! 😂👌👍

I just figured it out. Nick is your name and 2011 was the year you were born. All this time........chatting with a 6 year old. Wow. 

• LOL! 1

26 minutes ago, LPack said:

Hate to agree but its true, WR had no answer for newtons D.... Newtons offense looked sluggish at times and when something positive got going the yellow flags started flying.... WR defense played very well tonight hats off to those young men but the score doesn't look how it should have been.... Im not for either team I was sitting on WR side pulling for them just giving my honest opinion

5 minutes ago, LSUTigahs said:

Every facet of the game. And to have given up 350 yards and talk about how stifling their defense was? I don’t understand that! 

Yes. Newton only scored 21, but they whipped them all night. Both sides of the ball. 

And thise refs sure didn’t help their cause. 

And 62 playing dead? Just to slow down Newton’s offense. I’d be embarrassed 

The refs called the game decent. Unsportsmanlike penalties were real! The blocks in the backs were real. They missed a few here and there and yes WR did give Newton fits all night. How many times did they punt? More than they have all year. Good defense will make an offense look bad. Newton has more athletes and it showed tonight. WR could not get anything going on offense and I give credit to Newton’s defense!  Newton never blew the game open and WR defense gets credit for that! Let’s quit blaming it on everything else because tonight there was a very good ballgame played by 2 good teams. I’m proud of our boys for the way we played tonight. 

1 minute ago, touchdownlsu said:

The refs called the game decent. Unsportsmanlike penalties were real! The blocks in the backs were real. They missed a few here and there and yes WR did give Newton fits all night. How many times did they punt? More than they have all year. Good defense will make an offense look bad. Newton has more athletes and it showed tonight. WR could not get anything going on offense and I give credit to Newton’s defense!  Newton never blew the game open and WR defense gets credit for that! Let’s quit blaming it on everything else because tonight there was a very good ballgame played by 2 good teams. I’m proud of our boys for the way we played tonight. 

Newton had punted 3 times all year.....7 vs WR

20 minutes ago, LPack said:

That pretty much sums it up.  WR threatened a couple of times late, but just couldn't find the end zone.  They played hard, Newton is just better.

• Like 1