Newton vs West Rusk

NewtonNation

Who wins?   

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

54 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

And mistakes is what will keep them from winning State too, watch and see! 

But at least Newton still has a chance.

Game was not called evenly. Officiating was sub par.

Really enjoyed the game. Both teams played lights out on defense. 

Newton will handle Waskom.

All roads appear to go through Gunter. 

• Like 1

My unbiased take on the game. WR defense was legit, played a great game. Newton defense way too talented and athletic for WR offense. Newton clearly had the better athletes and team but was very sloppy. Not discrediting WR, they got after it. Much closer than I had anticipated. Still think the title is Newton's to lose....and if they keep playing undisciplined they'll do just that. If Newton had been as disciplined as WR tonight...coulda been worse imo. Best of luck to Newton....hell of a game to West Rusk. Newton O-line ain't been dogged like that all year.

• Like 1

Just now, OPC said:

But at least Newton still has a chance.

Game was not called evenly. Officiating was sub par.

Really enjoyed the game. Both teams played lights out on defense. 

Newton will handle Waskom.

All roads appear to go through Gunter. 

If Newton so happens to meet Gunter they need to clean all the mess up cause that will not beat gunter, ive seen both so far and both defense's look fairly sound but gunters offense is alot better and you wont see many flags if any on their side of the ball very disciplined TEAM.... Good luck newton next week

29 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

My unbiased take on the game. WR defense was legit, played a great game. Newton defense way too talented and athletic for WR offense. Newton clearly had the better athletes and team but was very sloppy. Not discrediting WR, they got after it. Much closer than I had anticipated. Still think the title is Newton's to lose....and if they keep playing undisciplined they'll do just that. If Newton had been as disciplined as WR tonight...coulda been worse imo. Best of luck to Newton....hell of a game to West Rusk. Newton O-line ain't been dogged like that all year.

I agree totally. Newtons o line did not play well. I would have stopped the GT's and zone blocking early on and just based blocked. WR d line got penetration all night. Newton looks much more intimidating, but WR got after their tails.

WR offense was over matched. Newton's defense was outstanding.

1 hour ago, Nick2011 said:

Lol yeah okay. Discredit what our defense did. Every person I have talked to this season has said the same exact thing about Newton, that they are undisciplined. That will get them beat if they don’t clean it up and we had 2 opportunities to score in the red zone late in the 4th and failed to do it! You’re delusional if you think Newton whooped us! Lol 

But WR won't be wooping Newton.. will they.. It's hard to take a loss I know but saying Newton gonna get this get that sounds like a sore loser. WR played a good game.. hats off to them. Newton will be ok ..

If we are being political at this point in the playoffs teams shouldn't be blowing out teams and we just beat Garrison 57-28 and the last touchdown was our JV so I wouldn't count Waskom out of this at this point in playoffs anyone can beat anyone simple as that 

4 minutes ago, WaskomFan said:

For everyone saying, " Newton is gonna Handle Waskom Easily" Is honestly wild! Waskom has been playing lights out lookin like 2014-2015 Waskom again so if I'm newton I wouldn't be going into next week thinking there gonna win 100%

Waskom will get a butt whoopin! I was at the Waskom game tonight! If y'all could throw I would say y'all might could make it interesting but that running game want beat Newton this year! If y'all had a Chan Amie again then🤔 Newton has better and more athletes. Was very impressed with yalls #20 though! 

• Like 1

First thing congrats Newton on the win as they probably will everybody else they play this year, the defense is to just too fast. In fact may be the fastest total defense I have seen in all my years and at all levels I have coached at 2A to 5A. We had no answer, they had 5 faster than our fastest, so for you guys arm chairing it, get a degree and a job. 

Second thing our defense is that good, you guys hollering about getting lucky are full of it, "we played conservative" bull, our so called weak secondary picked you off Twice and broke up a few more, did you catch some, well yeah but the donkey stomping all you predicted didn't happen because we have a great defense, just on short end of stick tonight, were on the field a lot. The penalties were good calls, you can tell when the flags come early and usually more than 1, so quit yelling about td called back, if you paid to get in you got your money's worth.

Good luck Newton the rest of the way, I don't see you getting beat but I was wrong once, and Hey Eagleborn you have me at a disadvantage knowing who I am, I still wonder why the tinge toward negative at WR, I know their are guys talking about things that really don't have a clue but dang ....... and again we thank y'all 

Can y'all plz stop hating on newton especially if we already beat you like it's really childish and immature accept the loss and move on or either find you a bandwagon to hop on like...Tonight our offense was pitiful...Our defense was outstanding and those interceptions were our QB's fault....Wr showed me nothin spectacular like y'all struggled badly against a premier team...So plz stop the hate 

1 minute ago, Newtoneaglesfan said:

Can y'all plz stop hating on newton especially if we already beat you like it's really childish and immature accept the lose and move on or either find you a bandwagon to hop on like...Tonight our offense was pitiful...Our defense was outstanding and those interceptions were our QB's fault....Wr showed me nothin spectacular like y'all struggled badly against a premier team...So plz stop the hate 

If the game is over the only thing you can say is. Good Game and we will do same next week no matter the out come can't wait to play you guys ‼️

15 minutes ago, AlphaDawg said:

Waskom will get a butt whoopin! I was at the Waskom game tonight! If y'all could throw I would say y'all might could make it interesting but that running game want beat Newton this year! If y'all had a Chan Amie again then🤔 Newton has better and more athletes. Was very impressed with yalls #20 though! 

Yes #20 is a Jr D1 Recruit all I have to say is that, let's not both get ahead of ourselves I think it'll be a good game brother best of luck next week.

2 hours ago, Newtoneaglesfan said:

Can y'all plz stop hating on newton especially if we already beat you like it's really childish and immature accept the loss and move on or either find you a bandwagon to hop on like...Tonight our offense was pitiful...Our defense was outstanding and those interceptions were our QB's fault....Wr showed me nothin spectacular like y'all struggled badly against a premier team...So plz stop the hate 

You are a disgrace to yourself and fellow Newton fans.  You need to read your post again fella! Blaming other people for what you are doing. Hating your QB, blaming your offense and accusing others! Wow go get a real job dude!  Newton has a great group of athletes and ran into a team that caused things to go different than other games. Our kids worked just as hard as yours to get here and has had a lot of success just as you guys have had. The only difference is, your team is better. Now go find you another bandwagon to get on and quit insulting your team for not doing as well tonight as you have against others. We’re proud of our team and have nothing to be ashamed of. We got beat by the better team!  I could be like you and insult my team and say our defense played bad tonight and our offense was horrible but I’m smarter than that. I give credit where credit is due. Newton Eagles!  WR raiders did what no one has done to your team this year. Make stops and force many punts and keep the score down. I think our D did a good job after seeing the players y’all have. And your D was way too overwhelming for our offense so no hate hear. Good Luck from here on out.

• Like 1