Newton vs West Rusk

NewtonNation

Who wins?   

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

2 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Lmao....damn JJ, ya killin me. Hell, even West Rusk or Newton fans, which ever one you're talking about, won't say they have the best offense from 4A D1 down. Sometimes I wonder what makes ole JJ's brain tick.

Think he being facetious about someone touting the Figs offensive abilities against 4A-1 teams ........ 

Top 3 Offense Stat Leaders: 

Newton:

Josh Foster passing 85 of 130 for 1335 yards 21 tds 4 ints - 51 rushes 446 yards 8.7 ypc 10 tds

Darwin Barlow 136 rushes 1578 yards 11.6 ypc 32 tds - 111 yards recieving 3 tds

Tamauzia Brown 40 rec. 627 yards 16.7 ypc 10 tds - 33 rushes 356 yards 10.8 ypc 4 tds

West Rusk:

LaJavius Harper passing 89 of 158 for 1215 yards 14 tds 3 ints - 76 rushes 730 yards 9.6 ypc 13 tds

Jaylon Garland 123 rushes 1098 yards 8.9 ypc 20 tds - 4 rec 32 yards 8 ypc 0 tds

Dylan Walker 30 rec. 576 yards 19.2 ypc 10 tds - 0 rushing

Top Defense Stat Leaders:

Newton: 

Corbin Foster 161 tackles 

James Sylvester 7 sacks

Jadrian McGraw 7 sacks

Tamauzia Brown 11 ints

West Rusk:

Orlando Cortez 124 tackles

Darrien Johnson 7 sacks

Taylon Winings 7 ints

56 minutes ago, NewtonNation said:

Top 3 Offense Stat Leaders: 

Newton:

Josh Foster passing 85 of 130 for 1335 yards 21 tds 4 ints - 51 rushes 446 yards 8.7 ypc 10 tds

Darwin Barlow 136 rushes 1578 yards 11.6 ypc 32 tds - 111 yards recieving 3 tds

Tamauzia Brown 40 rec. 627 yards 16.7 ypc 10 tds - 33 rushes 356 yards 10.8 ypc 4 tds

West Rusk:

LaJavius Harper passing 89 of 158 for 1215 yards 14 tds 3 ints - 76 rushes 730 yards 9.6 ypc 13 tds

Jaylon Garland 123 rushes 1098 yards 8.9 ypc 20 tds - 4 rec 32 yards 8 ypc 0 tds

Dylan Walker 30 rec. 576 yards 19.2 ypc 10 tds - 0 rushing

Top Defense Stat Leaders:

Newton: 

Corbin Foster 161 tackles 

James Sylvester 7 sacks

Jadrian McGraw 7 sacks

Tamauzia Brown 11 ints

West Rusk:

Orlando Cortez 124 tackles

Darrien Johnson 7 sacks

Taylon Winings 7 ints

Similar numbers vs a similar SOS. 

2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Similar numbers vs a similar SOS. 

Newton Numbers a lot better , QB % difference and RB ypc advantage Newton . Brown is a beast like WR has not seen this year and Barlow has 35tds . Newton has 2 other receivers that can ball .. this team is loaded with weapons .. I expect they will finally get to flex their muscles Friday . 

5 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I say it’s close. Newton has edge in preseason, WR has edge in district. Really close. 

If WR had played Silsbee, Bridge City and Diboll , their stats would be down and have at least one more loss, probably two more losses ....

32 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I’ll give you Silsbee but you’re reaching with the other two, IMO. 

I know you liberals like to reach and argue so I’ll make it simple. 

I said similar. Not better or harder. 

And close. Used that one too. 

You said SOS ... it's not even close ... you are the one that's reaching ... and I'm as far from a liberal as you can get ...

16 minutes ago, rock95 said:

Sense this game will be played in west rusk back yard Tatum, I hope WR come to the game with a convoy like newton did against us last year. That was cool.

Where did you go to school... Karnack?  "Since or Sense" ... you make no sense ...:woot:

4 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

I can tell y’all one thing, West Rusk will come and play as hard as they can till the final whistle with or without the players. They will be ready for this game, don’t sleep on them! 

West rusk got this man,  

😂😂😂

You had two thumbs down before I even got to it. 

Truth is, you don’t know what would of happen if WR and Silsbee played back then. 

Silsbee had so much going on back then. They weren’t even in their school yet. They had one scrimmage and about 6 practices prior to Newton game. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

😂😂😂

You had two thumbs down before I even got to it. 

Truth is, you don’t know what would of happen if WR and Silsbee played back then. 

Silsbee had so much going on back then. They weren’t even in their school yet. They had one scrimmage and about 6 practices prior to Newton game. 

Newton had the same problems as Silsbee with same storm. Newton had 1 scrimmage and same amount of practice. Newton also was not in school during this game so that excuse is no good.

Just now, EaglesFootball said:

Newton had the same problems as Silsbee with same storm. Newton had 1 scrimmage and same amount of practice. Newton also was not in school during this game so that excuse is no good.

Oh you thought that was an excuse? 

Come on man. 

• Like 1