Celina vs Pleasant Grove

orangethunder1

Is it possible that Celina will beat PG? Ofcoarse! Speaking with some of the starters from PG over the weekend they are very determined to beat Celina. They will give it all so if Celina wins there shouldn't be any excuses from the Hawks. Trust me they are going to play hard against Celina. They want this game! Serious grudge from last year. When it was announced that they would be playing Celina. The Hawks erupted. Another opportunity for the Hawks to avenge a loss from last year!

CELINA WILL HAVE THEIR HANDS FULL!! 

On 11/25/2017 at 10:06 AM, H3llR4z0r said:

That's a good point. They looked awesome against L-E, but the L-E QB was running constantly though.

Didn't help Atlanta however. Atlanta rushed L-E's QB, and he just threw it up and his receivers made amazing plays while being double covered.... The things that go down in Atlanta/L-E games smh. 

We couldnt keep the ball off the ground when we played PG... had PG's D-line not been so good, the hawk secondary could have gotten scorched in that game... our receivers were constantly behind the hawk secondary...but their defensive front doesnt give you enough time to throw.

I don't know anything about this years Celina team...so heres a random guess

PG by 14

All you need to know about this years Celina team is they almost got beat by Caddo Mills. Never would have happened in the past.

PG is the complete team, but they will have to overcome the "Spirit of Celina" and the past performance's against Celina.

This will be a very physical game.

The Hawks ability to throw and the unwillingness of Celina to throw will be the difference.

PG - 35

Celina - 24

Saw the gm in mesquite last year. Gonna be looking for new wrinkles each coaching staff will come up with. Celina knows they'll see the wing / slot t, and PG knows they'll see the 10-1 defense. PG has a pretty potent play action passing game as well. Gonna be fun. Hope it's a good clean injury free  game. Good luck to both teams. 

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:30 AM, H3llR4z0r said:

But, they did beat Jasper. I'm telling you, as someone that's seen PG and Jasper, I gave Jasper the biggest chance of upsetting y'all. They were good. They just let the wrong team get out ahead too early this week. 

That being said, I think PG wins this by a couple of scores. The difference maker, I believe, will be the fact that PG has a pretty lethal passing game to go with their good run game. Jasper could throw as well, but not as good as PG. I think that PG will make good use of this opportunity to throw against a suspect secondary, and spread/open up the field to let their run game take over. 

I will be attending this game! I can't wait!

YES SIR!

1 hour ago, RedRed said:

Does anyone know the passing stats for PG's qb? If PG throws less than about 12 to 15 times a game Celina is gonna win this. If you want to beat Celina you have to pass the ball.

He doesn't pass much but when he does he is deadly. Great arm!!!

1 minute ago, bleachercoach said:

Celina seems vulnerable this year...gotta take Pleasant Grove in this one!

They are vulnerable in the secondary. They do a good job stopping the run, but secondary is an issue for them. I still don't think PG is gonna be able to run all over Celina like some think. I also don't think PG is gonna be effective enough passing.