Celina vs Pleasant Grove

orangethunder1

6 minutes ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

I always enjoy keying on small things that particular players will do at the line of scrimmage that give away certain plays. You can usually find a lineman that will give away run/pass blocking by his habit of stance before the snap, or how they may give away a counter by slightly cheating back with their pulling foot. Players often have these habits that help give away what’s coming sometimes wether it’s a stance,lean, or even a look/glance before the snap that can help sometimes in preparing for the opposition.

They're all there ... I just don't know how much time people spend really studying film anymore (the word "film" here indicates how old this ole coach is) ... it's a lot more obvious now since many teams use end zone cameras also ....

• Like 1

The best way to attack Celina's defense is to throw some short quick passes over the middle and on the edges on early downs.  Release the tight end over the middle.  Drag a tight end across and some running backs over the middle.   Force their linebackers to think pass instead of run.  Once they are burned a few times, it will force them to adjust and open up the running game ....

16 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

The best way to attack Celina's defense is to throw some short quick passes over the middle and on the edges on early downs.  Drag a tight end across and some running backs over the middle.   Once they are burned a few times, it will force them to adjust and open up the running game ....

PG loves to do this. They love to run play action and drag WRs across the field. They will also run crossing routes in the same instances, and throw across the field. 

Just now, H3llR4z0r said:

PG loves to do this. They love to run play action and drag WRs across the field. They will also run crossing routes in the same instances, and throw across the field. 

I don't know why Jasper never threw on early downs, I think it would have been a difference maker for them in my opinion.  They were way too predictable on offense ....

1 hour ago, PGDad said:

It's week to week at this point. Last year doesn't matter. Last week doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is this week. This year, Celina has to face us. Are we better than last year? Yup, exponentially better. How much better is Celina?

I don't know how you gameplan against us, looking at our film must be maddening.

"OK guys, we will load the box, so they can't run but they might pass on the first play or maybe they won't and they will try to run first, but they might pass. Watch out for when 2 is on the field or 22 or 25 or 21or any guy with a 2 on their jersey and don't forget about 15."

"Watch out for what coach, run?"

"Run, pass, toss all of it! They can do anything at any time, here is a copy of their roster, memorize the numbers and key on those guys, I dunno...just do your best guys...go get em."

Bro y'all are good, but your way over the top. Y'all don't pass the ball enough to go much further. Celina is gonna make y'all beat them passing the ball. I'm sure y'all can pass some but not enough. I've watched 3 different films of y'all and y'all don't pass hardly at all. If y'all passed more i would say y'all win, but your qb is not effective enough to pass much.

1 hour ago, RedRed said:

If PG only throws the ball 5 or 6 times a game they better make those 5 or 6 count and a few of those better be td passes.

Well, other than Tatum, they have counted big. Not sure what film you watched but kid has been 7 for 7 with 4 TDs and 7-8 with 3 TDs in last three games. Tatum he was bad, but it was his first playoff game. 

1 hour ago, Unbiased1 said:

Well, other than Tatum, they have counted big. Not sure what film you watched but kid has been 7 for 7 with 4 TDs and 7-8 with 3 TDs in last three games. Tatum he was bad, but it was his first playoff game. 

I'm just saying he is gonna have to pass the ball effectively to give PG a chance. If he can pass for 2-3 Td's PG wins simple as that. Celina has a shaky secondary. Dline and backers are really good though.

1 hour ago, RedRed said:

I'm just saying he is gonna have to pass the ball effectively to give PG a chance. If he can pass for 2-3 Td's PG wins simple as that. Celina has a shaky secondary. Dline and backers are really good though.

I think there is a misunderstanding that he doesn't pass because he can't. That is totally bogus. He doesn't pass much because PG hasn't had to pass much. The kid scared me just watching him warm up before the game. Before I knew it he was 2 for 2 for 150 yards and 2 TD's. The kid can throw the ball and more than that is a leader on the field. After seeing him throw a few passes I was hoping the PG  coaches would just call running plays. Believe me Celina doesn't want him to throw the ball and if they do, they're crazy!

1 hour ago, Golfingnut said:

I think there is a misunderstanding that he doesn't pass because he can't. That is totally bogus. He doesn't pass much because PG hasn't had to pass much. The kid scared me just watching him warm up before the game. Before I knew it he was 2 for 2 for 150 yards and 2 TD's. The kid can throw the ball and more than that is a leader on the field. After seeing him throw a few passes I was hoping the PG  coaches would just call running plays. Believe me Celina doesn't want him to throw the ball and if they do, they're crazy!

I'm not saying he can't throw it I'm saying they don't throw it. Your not gonna win a title being one deminsional very often at this level. 

If PG fans think this game will be another walk in the park, they are sorely mistaken.....just sayin'.  I'm quite certain the PG coaches know better and have done everything to prepare the team in a week to get ready.  But you can only go over so much in that week, and hope most of it stands up in the gametime scenario.  Celina is in the same boat, but they've been in this position far more times than PG and have a pedigree to play for.  That's more than not having one......and anything intangible at this juncture helps. I'm not saying PG won't win.....or lose. I'm just sayin' it's gonna be tougher than most PG fans are thinkin'.  I could be totally wrong in my opinion......but Argyle has been playing Celina for many years.  It really doesn't matter what has happened in the past.......only this game right now.  I look for a very physical and low scoring, defensive game.  Good luck to both teams.  

1 hour ago, RedRed said:

I'm not saying he can't throw it I'm saying they don't throw it. Your not gonna win a title being one deminsional very often at this level. 

Depends on how good you are in that dimension. 

But to add to what's already been said, PG hasn't had to throw it. And when they do, it's so hard to stop, because their run game is so effective. I don't see any team just stopping PG dead in their tracks and forcing them to pass. They've played some pretty big teams this season, and it still hasn't been that way. There's so much misdirection, so much smoke and mirrors, that when PG rolls out to the right to pass, there will be a wideout or slot receiver open, because someone bit hard on that fake to the left. It's an extremely good system they're running. The QB is always on the move it seems.

That's not even mentioning their defense. There d-line is very good. Their LBs hit hard and play very disciplined. 

The only game I saw where they consistently missed tackles was against  Spring Hill, and that's because Stoker was a beast. The only reason he ever got stopped was because they had him going both ways. Biggest threat at RB I've seen this season other than Ingram, and I wouldn't put Ingram head and shoulders over him at this level. Stoker was a handful to say the least. 

11 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

That’s what it looked like Selina was in most of the day. 

interesting ... I've seen Argyle's 10-1 use a 2-2 stack as a changeup to stunt in passing situations, but this one peaks my interest.  Lookin' fer a scratch pad.

10 hours ago, RedRed said:

Lol....dude has like 25 TD passes on the season to 6 INTs. If you are banking on them not being able to pass and pass it well, you are sadly mistaken. Despite the offensive formation that they use, the passing game is very much a part of their game plan. They throw 2 or 3 pass TDs, if not more, nearly every game.

3 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

it is, but the weapons thing is true. they have TONS of kids who can and will score

Where was they 3 weeks ago? I'm just bustin ya chops but I woulda used more weapons if I only had 21 points in a 14 point game in the 2nd half.....lol, in that district in those good battles with the Gilmers and such....I'd assume your coach prolly used the best of his weapons.

3 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Where was they 3 weeks ago? I'm just bustin ya chops but I woulda used more weapons if I only had 21 points in a 14 point game in the 2nd half.....lol, in that district in those good battles with the Gilmers and such....I'd assume your coach prolly used the best of his weapons.

ha I hear ya, No excuses on why we only beat yall by 14 points. Only thing I can say about that is it was a Texas high school football game and you know as well as I do that ANYTHING can happen. But we are playing this week. Guess that's all that matters

Just now, Hawkguy888 said:

ha I hear ya, No excuses on why we only beat yall by 14 points. Only thing I can say about that is it was a Texas high school football game and you know as well as I do that ANYTHING can happen. But we are playing this week. Guess that's all that matters

Indeed, survive and advance. 

Man I'm telling you this is going to be a determined PG team. They are certainly not looking past the Bobcats. Its not about Celina stopping the one thing PG is good at because they are good in all aspects of the game. Celina may commit to stopping the run the way Aubrey did. Problem was the Hawks came out passing for big chunks. When Aubrey backed off the run game busted open. Not sure how well Celina throws it but PG has improved in pass coverage.