Celina vs Pleasant Grove

orangethunder1

8 hours ago, RedRed said:

They are vulnerable in the secondary. They do a good job stopping the run, but secondary is an issue for them. I still don't think PG is gonna be able to run all over Celina like some think. I also don't think PG is gonna be effective enough passing. 

Lol bruh.....they pass extremely well. Especially if you can't get any pressure on their young QB whatsoever. Which is very hard to do with their offensive style. If you're banking on PG's pass game to be weak on your reason for winning.....you're sadly mistaken. Very very efficient pass game.

2 hours ago, Lion70 said:

Naww I like little Rusk County. I don't hate anyone. I strongly dislike Kilgore through and not going to lie get satisfied with some other teams losing but not hate.

Dad gum it boy, If you don't learn how to spell "though" I'mma come unglued. 

Everyone is saying Celina can stop the PG run game. They are also saying that PG can't do enough through the air to beat Celina.  

What about celina scoring on one of the best defenses in the state in 4AD2? I think PG will mix it up and score 35. 

Good luck Celina trying to score 35 on PG's Defense 

1 hour ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Everyone is saying Celina can stop the PG run game. They are also saying that PG can't do enough through the air to beat Celina.  

What about celina scoring on one of the best defenses in the state in 4AD2? I think PG will mix it up and score 35. 

I think PG scores more than 35, and Celina scores less. Especially if Celina doesn't plan on doing anything but run. Them PG LBs come in like missiles boy. Helmets will be poppin all night.

1 hour ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Amen! Why does this get overlooked here? THAT DEFENSE IS FOR REAL! Much improved over last year. That Tatum game was a testament to the Hawks Defense.When you can win games by 2 touchdowns only scoring 21 points that's Nice!

11 hours ago, bleachercoach said:

Celina seems vulnerable this year...gotta take Pleasant Grove in this one!

I think if Jasper had thrown the ball some on 1st or 2nd down, it would have forced Celina to adjust their defense against the run.  Jasper threw very successfully on 3rd and long and completed a high percentage of those passes against Celina even though everyone knew they were going to throw the ball.  It would have put Celina's defense on their heels and opened up their running game even more.  I sat there the whole game saying "throw it some on 1st down" .....

12 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I think if Jasper had thrown the ball some on 1st or 2nd down, it would have forced Celina to adjust their defense against the run.  Jasper threw very successfully on 3rd and long and completed a high percentage of those passes against Celina even though everyone knew they were going to throw the ball.  It would have put Celina's defense on their heels and opened up their running game even more.  I sat their the whole game saying "throw it some on 1st down" .....

That's going to be a difference maker. PG can throw really well. To me, PG's offense also has a lot more misdirection than Jasper's. 10-1 may match up well against it, but then there's the pass. They'll have the Texas Tech commit dragging across the field, rest assured. My gosh they ate Atlanta up dragging him across the field on play action. Atlanta never did cover it. 

7 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

That's going to be a difference maker. PG can throw really well. To me, PG's offense also has a lot more misdirection than Jasper's. 10-1 may match up well against it, but then there's the pass. They'll have the Texas Tech commit dragging across the field, rest assured. My gosh they ate Atlanta up dragging him across the field on play action. Atlanta never did cover it. 

Celina has 10 defenders going forward at the snap.  You could short pass them to death with a mobile QB and a couple of good receivers ...

9 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Surprisingly after one uh oh, we shut that down the rest of the night. If you get caught sleeping on that one pass play its 6. 3 receivers go right, they slip him back across to the left and throw it all the way back across the field. We game planned great for it but no one else has and it torches everybody. Bad thing is, you see it up in the stands unfolding before it happens and it's demoralizing lol.

13 minutes ago, orangethunder1 said:

No Pleasant Grove homers here?lol Celina Has really come on the last few weeks.Celina will win this Game comfortably.Go on and laugh now but Friday night I’ll be saying I told you so

Well they better play better than they did against Aubrey, Caddo Mills, and Melissa...

They barely beat Aubrey and that has been in the last few weeks, so if that is “coming on” for the Bobcats, I hate it for them.

38 minutes ago, orangethunder1 said:

No Pleasant Grove homers here?lol Celina Has really come on the last few weeks.Celina will win this Game comfortably.Go on and laugh now but Friday night I’ll be saying I told you so

I know Celina is a capable team, and has the experience, the "it" factor if you will, but are they a better team this year than last?  I know PG definitely is.  PG is light years better than they were last year.  If Celina is better this year than last, this could be a real barnburner.  It may be anyway.

I still believe PG wins, and it really doesn't matter if it's by 1 point, or 30 points.  A win is a win, meaning you advance.  I wouldn't be surprised if this game is close, though.  I also wouldn't be surprised if the margin was 2 or 3 TDs either, IF it is a win by PG.

Let me qualify this "belief" by saying I could be very wrong, too.  I doubt it, but I've been wrong before.  I'm not hating on Celina, nor am I an unrealistic ET homer.  I'm just calling like I see it, right or wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orangethunder1 said:

You guys only beat Aubrey by a couple points...........PG beat the brakes off them (scoring 56 points on only 27 plays).  Just wait & see.

1 hour ago, blackflag79 said:

I know Celina is a capable team, and has the experience, the "it" factor if you will, but are they a better team this year than last?  I know PG definitely is.  PG is light years better than they were last year.  If Celina is better this year than last, this could be a real barnburner.  It may be anyway.

I still believe PG wins, and it really doesn't matter if it's by 1 point, or 30 points.  A win is a win, meaning you advance.  I wouldn't be surprised if this game is close, though.  I also wouldn't be surprised if the margin was 2 or 3 TDs either, IF it is a win by PG.

Let me qualify this "belief" by saying I could be very wrong, too.  I doubt it, but I've been wrong before.  I'm not hating on Celina, nor am I an unrealistic ET homer.  I'm just calling like I see it, right or wrong.

It's week to week at this point. Last year doesn't matter. Last week doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is this week. This year, Celina has to face us. Are we better than last year? Yup, exponentially better. How much better is Celina?

I don't know how you gameplan against us, looking at our film must be maddening.

"OK guys, we will load the box, so they can't run but they might pass on the first play or maybe they won't and they will try to run first, but they might pass. Watch out for when 2 is on the field or 22 or 25 or 21or any guy with a 2 on their jersey and don't forget about 15."

"Watch out for what coach, run?"

"Run, pass, toss all of it! They can do anything at any time, here is a copy of their roster, memorize the numbers and key on those guys, I dunno...just do your best guys...go get em."

• LOL! 1

12 minutes ago, PGDad said:

"Run, pass, toss all of it! They can do anything at any time, here is a copy of their roster, memorize the numbers and key on those guys, I dunno...just do your best guys...go get em."

I've seen runs and passes ... but not much tosses - mostly just hands.

Would really like to see the Cel/Jasp film to see how C played the wing.

From listening to a little of it the announcers (unbelieveable C homers) seemed to indicate that J ran a lot of Fly Sweeps ... but I'm not sure how much real vernacular they knew ... but, boy, they were definitely from C ... 

Although the J and PG wings are not exactly the same, some commonality and d adjustments will be most likely be the same .... being able to see those ahead of time may assist PG in their cause.

12 minutes ago, DOB said:

From listening to a little of it the announcers (unbelieveable C homers) seemed to indicate that J ran a lot of Fly Sweeps ... but I'm not sure how much real vernacular they knew ... but, boy, they were definitely from C ... 

Although the J and PG wings are not exactly the same, some commonality and d adjustments will be most likely be the same .... being able to see those ahead of time may assist PG in their cause.

Used lots of “tunnel rats” and shot the gaps. 

Jasper did attempt to run outside some. 

Also used a lot of two and three wide. 

10 minutes ago, DOB said:

We've got some great coaches who can think on their feet and do some amazing things from the sidelines and during the week. As far as tosses, I don't know if we have one, can't recall seeing one but that's just my point, we haven't had to use all of our weapons to win these games.

I always enjoy keying on small things that particular players will do at the line of scrimmage that give away certain plays. You can usually find a lineman that will give away run/pass blocking by his habit of stance before the snap, or how they may give away a counter by slightly cheating back with their pulling foot. Players often have these habits that help give away what’s coming sometimes wether it’s a stance,lean, or even a look/glance before the snap that can help sometimes in preparing for the opposition.