Celina vs Pleasant Grove

orangethunder1

On 11/25/2017 at 9:35 AM, Eagle8 said:

You really gonna use that? They struggled to beat Aubrey? Right after y'all defended yalls performance against us, a 3-7 team that played y'all to a 14 point game and blamed it on a bad game? You think it's possible that Celina may have just had a "bad game" against Aubrey? Or is PG the only team capable of having bad games against bad teams but still be a juggernaut?

Why are you constantly referencing the game Tatum vs PG in all your post??  And how well y'all played, and what Tatum held PG to and how they stopped this and that and what's weak about PGs team.  Your team lost so who cares about the how and why.  You sound like a would've should've could've type guy.  Tatum lost to PG and got sent home from the playoffs from their home stadium. Nobody cares bout the means to the end.  You really only got in the playoffs off a 1-4 district record by a win in you get in game against the weakest team in your district that went 0-5.  I don't recall y'all surging in the playoffs and stringing wins together.  The Tatum vs PG  game was almost 3 weeks ago and no longer matters to PG cause they still in the playoffs another week.  I mean you talk about how y'all could've caught so many passes deep and how the secondary is so weak.  You obviously don't watch PG style.  It's man to man in your face.  You got a 6 ft 3 receiver and you only put up 7 points off a 40 yard TD pass. What about all the passes the DBs broke up against your 6ft 3 receiver and other receiver's?  PGs front 7 wasn't on the back end.  They were doing what they do which is shut down the run.  The DBs shut down the pass. You had maybe less than a 100 yards passing somewhere around 81 the entire game.  Negative 22 yards rushing on 18 or so attempts.  Take the 40+ yard TD away and you had less than 50 yards passing.  So really you don't know what PGs weakness is.  Your not a coach calling the coverages so you don't know what was going. I mean I was at the game and after the 1st half Tatum sold out and was sending everybody.  Y'all was desperate and starting blitzing the kitchen sink and PG let the defense take care of the business.  What about the 4th and 19 pass in the 4th quarter to save yall's season.   Your 6ft 3 receiver in man to man coverage against a DB running stride for stride on a post route?  Almost was picked off wasn't it?  I see you not discussing the pass break ups PG DBs had against y'all receivers? You talk so much about PG pass defense but the only game that PG gave up over a 100 yards receiving was to #2 from Gilmer(great route runner, great hands and excellent touch from the QB) and #16 from Pitt (and over a 75% of his receiving yards was on bubble screens) not man to man against DBs.  Talk facts not perception.  Men lie..Women lie... But #s don't lie! 

• LOL! 1

On 11/28/2017 at 12:35 AM, LibertyEylau92 said:

As you know we probably won’t be in the same district anymore next year I just wanted to say we’ve enjoyed you and the other Princeton poster it was a nice run!

Thanks Mr. LE92. It was nice to have LE, Paris and the collincountyfootball fans making the threads and talkin' a bit with y'all.

I was sure that a lot of people were probably tired of how frustrated I get with Princeton.

Of course, I follow as closely as I can the Collin county teams, and a few others like Gunter, where my mom's mom went to school, but I have always respected the East Texas football programs.  I grew up paying attention to football since, back then, Plano was in its powerhouse days and Bi-district was against the East Texas schools.  Schools like Plano schools haven't been themselves for a long time now.  Those kids today are nothin' like the winning years that started happening with the good ol' hard workin' and well disciplined farm boys and the integration of the black school in Plano, which was peaceful in that town, thank goodness. 

Yeah, too bad Princeton didn't win a couple of those games against LE.  It was fun, interesting and different being forced into a district with East Texas schools.  The UIL needs me, quite desperately, LOL.

I still say PG wins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, batmaker02 said:

Why are you constantly referencing the game Tatum vs PG in all your post??  And how well y'all played, and what Tatum held PG to and how they stopped this and that and what's weak about PGs team.  Your team lost so who cares about the how and why.  You sound like a would've should've could've type guy.  Tatum lost to PG and got sent home from the playoffs from their home stadium. Nobody cares bout the means to the end.  You really only got in the playoffs off a 1-4 district record by a win in you get in game against the weakest team in your district that went 0-5.  I don't recall y'all surging in the playoffs and stringing wins together.  The Tatum vs PG  game was almost 3 weeks ago and no longer matters to PG cause they still in the playoffs another week.  I mean you talk about how y'all could've caught so many passes deep and how the secondary is so weak.  You obviously don't watch PG style.  It's man to man in your face.  You got a 6 ft 3 receiver and you only put up 7 points off a 40 yard TD pass. What about all the passes the DBs broke up against your 6ft 3 receiver and other receiver's?  PGs front 7 wasn't on the back end.  They were doing what they do which is shut down the run.  The DBs shut down the pass. You had maybe less than a 100 yards passing somewhere around 81 the entire game.  Negative 22 yards rushing on 18 or so attempts.  Take the 40+ yard TD away and you had less than 50 yards passing.  So really you don't know what PGs weakness is.  Your not a coach calling the coverages so you don't know what was going. I mean I was at the game and after the 1st half Tatum sold out and was sending everybody.  Y'all was desperate and starting blitzing the kitchen sink and PG let the defense take care of the business.  What about the 4th and 19 pass in the 4th quarter to save yall's season.   Your 6ft 3 receiver in man to man coverage against a DB running stride for stride on a post route?  Almost was picked off wasn't it?  I see you not discussing the pass break ups PG DBs had against y'all receivers? You talk so much about PG pass defense but the only game that PG gave up over a 100 yards receiving was to #2 from Gilmer(great route runner, great hands and excellent touch from the QB) and #16 from Pitt (and over a 75% of his receiving yards was on bubble screens) not man to man against DBs.  Talk facts not perception.  Men lie..Women lie... But #s don't lie! 

21 seems like a “#” lower than normal. 

🐸 🍵 

On 11/25/2017 at 9:46 AM, Eagle8 said:

Front 7, yes...i agree. Secondary...not so much. However, dont think that will hurt them much this week.....Celina aint gonna test that secondary all that well. But theyll be able to run a little bit on them.....enough to make it interesting for sure.

PG's front 7 is having great success because they are BIG, stout, hard hitting and aggressive players that stop the run! Part of there run stopping ability is tied to the back end with the Db's.  It's a TEAM game not a individual group game stop posting divides against the TEAM.  None of the LB's have to cover hardly. The LB's don't have to cover, they can but there job is to stop the run!  If the LB's was spending time in coverage I guess you would be posting how the front 7 can't stop the run. Oh yeah,  forgot to put in the post earlier how your Tatum TE got fetched down by a PG DB in that game. The 60 yard pass play your TE caught against a LB on a trick QB to WR to TE pass play. Let me explain what happened to the other viewers reading the post cause it's obvious you have AMNESIA!! The Tatum TE caught a pass about 10 yards from the LOS or so from a QB to WR to TE pass at maybe the PG's 45 yard line.  He had a 20 yard lead up the field against a DB coming from the opposite side of the field after he had his receiver covered like a snuggle blanket and left his coverage responsibility. He fetched the TE down from a 20 yard lead up the field and 30 yard lead across the field.  He tackled him on Tatum's 9 yard line.  The TE was huge, ever bit of 240 and at least 6ft 2.  But a 5ft 6  135 pound DB brought him down with ease!!  Ok now you got 4 downs to score!! Should be easy huh?? Well you tried 2 run plays and 2 pass plays(with those non-covering DB's) and you still didn't score!! You actually didn't gain a yard to be more specific.  What you are missing out relative to PGs DBs is this started in 7on7 and you also missing the point saying that PG can't pass.  The 7on7 team placed 5th out of 70 or more teams in the state 7on7 tournament in College Station at Texas A&M this summer. Oh they can cover.  They held every 7on7 team they played to under 16 points or less with the exception of Abilene Wylie(Class 4Ad1 team they lost by 1 point to) when the average score amongst all the teams competing was 33+ points a game.  The QB and offense that can't throw averaged over 40+ points a game.  You say they can't cover right?? Well why do the only 2 seniors DB's on PG's PASS DEFENSE already got offers in hand to play college football?? You say they can't cover, but thankfully your not a college coach otherwise they wouldn't have got offers.  Plus colleges coaches are at the practices every other day watching those Db's that can't cover, working them out and pulling them out of classes to talk with them as well as other players on the team.  How many college football coaches at your high school in Tatum watching y'all lift weights?? None I bet.  You act like a Post Potato that needs to find a couch so we can call you a Couch Potato.  Sorry other viewers but I've been reading this guys post about the PG vs Tatum game every since PG played Tatum.  Every other post relative to who PG playing you bring up the PG vs Tatum game.  HE talking about 1 game he saw.  He wasn't at none of the other 12 games nor the 20+ 7on7 games these boys competed at so he doesn't know anything relative about the DBs!! Stop talking about Tatum when the post is about Celina vs PG or Aubrey vs PG.  Tatum vs PG was 3 weeks ago so you had your say then!!  Stop living in the past.  

19 minutes ago, batmaker02 said:

And 7 seems like Tatum's low point.  I mean 7 points against Jasper...and that probably was during mop up duty huh with the scrubs in?? 

Lol, nah....we scored before the scrubs got put in. Feels good huh? To finally be relevant enough to talk a little trash. Better get it in this year.....the well is about to run dry. 

6 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Lol, and I won't even lie....I ain't reading that long post, I skip over the novels....but back to topic. PG front 7 is legit, not so much in the secondary but it'll be enough to beat Celina I think.

Was enough to beat everybody on the schedule thus far.  12-0 feels good!! You wouldn't know... you only know what 3-7 feels like.  How is offseason weight training going!! Lol

12 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Lol, nah....we scored before the scrubs got put in. Feels good huh? To finally be relevant enough to talk a little trash. Better get it in this year.....the well is about to run dry. 

Will worry bout next year next year!! We tryna get a date at Jerry's World!! And we not tryna go to lift weights like y'all doing right about now. HAHAHA!!

5 minutes ago, batmaker02 said:

Was enough to beat everybody on the schedule thus far.  12-0 feels good!! You wouldn't know... you only know what 3-7 feels like.  How is offseason weight training going!! Lol

3-8 man. At least get it right. 

6 minutes ago, batmaker02 said:

Lol....I tell ya what I do know....what it feels like for our team to win a couple titles. You only know what 4 rounds deep feels like. 

3 minutes ago, batmaker02 said:

I sent a correction.. y'all so irrelevent now what does is matter?? 

You’re the one that keeps talking about us. 

Got the biggest game of yalls history coming up against one of the most storied programs in the state, all classes and Tatum is on your mind. 

A 3-8 Tatum team is on your mind. 

You created a account to go after a Tatum poster. That’s classic. 

1 minute ago, batmaker02 said:

I sent a correction.. y'all so irrelevent now what does is matter?? 

Irrelevant? Lol, weve been relevant in high school football for decades.....y'all ain't ever got out of the region.....I don't wanna hear none of that bs lol

18 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Lol, and I won't even lie....I ain't reading that long post, I skip over the novels....but back to topic. PG front 7 is legit, not so much in the secondary but it'll be enough to beat Celina I think.

Another Tatum Eagle?? Man you guys need to get off the thread.  This is for for teams still in contention.  Fold your MACS or iPads up and go to bed

2 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Lol....I tell ya what I do know....what it feels like for our team to win a couple titles. You only know what 4 rounds deep feels like. 

Come on man. Be nice. We had a 3-7 regular season.... which is basically a normal PG season... but still be nice. 😂😂

Just now, batmaker02 said:

You talking bout the past!!! Talk about whats going on today not years ago

I'd say that too if we ain't ever done jack in football before, lol. We got a trophy case full of stuff.....well, y'all do got baseball trophies though....that's for sure.

1 minute ago, batmaker02 said:

You talking bout the past!!! Talk about whats going on today not years ago

Well that dude from NBC got fired because of allegations....

The Lil dude fired a rocket. 

Thats pretty much what’s going on today.