Henderson vs Kilgore Friday @ 7pm in PineTree

WhoamI97539

Hendo vs Kilgore rd 2  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins rd 2

• Henderson
    • Kilgore

13 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

In 2012 Kilgore scored with like 50 seconds left and beat us by 4.

In 2016 Kilgore scored with 26 seconds left and beat us by 2.

It is nice to be on the other side of one of those games.

I was thinking about the same thing on the way home tonight. What goes around comes around.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

I was thinking about the same thing on the way home tonight. What goes around comes around.

I am very, very happy that Henderson got the win...but this was one of those games where it was sad that one team had to lose. Those kids left it all on the field.

9 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

I am very, very happy that Henderson got the win...but this was one of those games where it was sad that one team had to lose. Those kids left it all on the field.

Same here. When we went up by 1 I told a Henderson lady standing next to me that neither one of these teams deserves to lose this game.

All BS aside congratulations to Hendo the better team won Friday night. Both Defense's battled their tails off this gm was total opposite from the first gm. I thought Hendo did a great job in their adjustments after halftime to shut Kilgore's outside run gm down. We said whoever wins the turnover battle will probably win this gm. And what can I say the turnovers and stupid drive killing penalties bit Kilgore again. And Kilgore found out that that they could not afford those mistakes against a good team. Kilgore missed Sheppard Friday night with the down field passes. Great season Kilgore the offense was a blast to watch most nights going to miss buddy next yr.

4 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

This time won the poll and the game. Who Daddy now? 

Ummm.. It is still Kilgore so until Hendo grabs the overall wins over Kilgore I wouldn't ask that stupid question again.

But good luck next wk slap Carthage around like some of the Hendo fans think they will do!!!!

1 hour ago, DTrump said:

So true. Super nice stadium just not ready for that kind of game.

A'int that the truth. We got there a little too early (about 5:40) so we did not have any problem getting parked and into the stadium but getting out was a mess.  Cars were still lined up all the way to the loop at kickoff. Regardless it was a great night :)

One last thought on this game....

I mentioned earlier today in this thread that I thought a lot of the hate between these two programs had faded over the last couple of years and been replaced by mutual respect for one another. Well, if you stuck around after the game you saw what I was talking about. Because both teams came together, locked hands, hit a knee and prayed... together. Players, coaches, cheerleaders, stragglers like me....a brave young player from Henderson led us in prayer and did a great job. I can remember not too long ago these two teams wouldn't even attempt to line up and shake hands. Probably not a big deal to most people..... I just thought it was worth mentioning.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

I mentioned earlier today in this thread that I thought a lot of the hate between these two programs had faded over the last couple of years and been replaced by mutual respect for one another. Well, if you stuck around after the game you saw what I was talking about. Because both teams came together, locked hands, hit a knee and prayed... together. Players, coaches, cheerleaders, stragglers like me....a brave young player from Henderson led us in prayer and did a great job. I can remember not too long ago these two teams wouldn't even attempt to line up and shake hands. Probably not a big deal to most people..... I just thought it was worth mentioning.

🙏👍🏼

37 minutes ago, Aggie98 said:

This has more to do with the leadership (coaches) than the other. It’s always been a rival dating back to my knowledge the early 80s. There have been fights in the past, but as everyone grows old the friendships go on. The hate was primarily all about the game itself but not about friendships in general. I know I have many friends that competed against me during our time and we still whip it up when this time arrives every year but it’s all good. Lots of respect for both schools. Most of us are closet fans for the other too as long as our alma mater is not involved.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

Me, too.

5 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

Me, too.

You guys should have been at Abe last night watching my Dawgs put on a Clinic for Silsbee; I said earlier that it is a shame a man can't be at two  places at once, because I would have loved to have been at your game as well!

Congratulations Hendo....well deserved "w"...as far as the overall game...not much to really talk about...bunch of missed opportunities for both teams...both defenses played very well...I was very pleased with how well Kilgore D stepped up...just couldnt get in sync on offense...Hendo did an excellent job of limiting Kilgore from big plays and not letting us get in rhythm...not having Shepp out there tonight too didnt help....not saying he would have went off but would have been nice to have that weapon in your back pocket....and that dang Hall kid 😣..wow!!! very impressive last drive...well deserved the way he marched them down the field for the win...overall though..good season Kilgore!!!...and goodluck next week Henderson...we both know you gonna need it 😉..