Henderson vs Kilgore Friday @ 7pm in PineTree

WhoamI97539

Hendo vs Kilgore rd 2  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins rd 2

• Henderson
    • Kilgore

8 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Both defenses are playing better than they were the first meeting. Since then Hendos D has held.................

Center to 10 pts below their season average.

Bullard to 15 pts below.

Palestine to 14 below.

Navasota to 11 below.

Sealy to 20 below.

Kilgore's defense has looked like a Kilgore defense as of late. In the last 11 qtrs of football they have given up a grand total of 15 pts. Now LCM and El Campo are not exactly prolific passing teams, but they both averaged in the low 30's in ppg doing what they do.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Hard to beat a good team twice in a season. Not impossible though. 

Early lean is towards Henderson. 

There's generally 2 schools of thought on that subject.... the other one being "there's usually a pretty good reason the winning team won the first time". 

I'm trying to remember the rematches we've had in the not too distant past.....

1. 2013 - We beat Chapel Hill 42-25 in district (@ Kilgore), we beat them 59-19 in the 4th round (@ Rose).

2. 2011 - Corsicana beat us ~ 38-13 in Week 1 (@ Kilgore), they beat us ~ 42-21 in the 4th round.

3. 2008 - Marshall beat us ~ 28-18 in the regular season, we beat them ~ 34-31 or maybe 31-28 in playoffs. 

3 hours ago, Lion70 said:

How so smoaky.com was kilgore 28 Henderson 27 hmm

3 hours ago, Lion70 said:

That was the poll for first gm? I don't believe that. Lion70 why do you like so much drama in your daily life? Don't get me wrong I could careless it just brings up a study I read that people who gets satisfaction from always being negative their mental state is not healthy. Just pointing out some info I'm just an outsider stating the obvious 

2 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

Kilgore's defense has looked like a Kilgore defense as of late. In the last 11 qtrs of football they have given up a grand total of 15 pts. Now LCM and El Campo are not exactly prolific passing teams, but they both averaged in the low 30's in ppg doing what they do.

Also note one of the teams was a district champion and the other team was playing for a district title in wk 11 but came up short. We don't look at the other opponents as being worthy competition because we fans of the DOD we hold our teams to a very high standard we no matter what the situation is we always expect the best from our teams. And we know when other fans outside of the DOOM second our district we have the jewelry to back our cockiness up yr after yr. But anyways I said all of that to say those district gms for Kilgore absolutely made them a better Defense come playoff time. Our district has an advantage because I'm a firm believer in a teams strength of schedule plays a big roll come playoffs. I'm actually very thankful for the teams in our district because I can contest for Kilgore from watching them play these last two teams is they got tremendously better every wk (yes even the Center gm made them a better team even with how that gm unfolded). That loss was the best thing that happened to them. So in 8 qtrs of playoff football Kilgore has out scored their opponents 73-9 the 9 is the one to keep your eye on. So Henderson is fixing to face a totally different Defense come Friday 

28 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Also note one of the teams was a district champion and the other team was playing for a district title in wk 11 but came up short. We don't look at the other opponents as being worthy competition because we fans of the DOD we hold our teams to a very high standard we no matter what the situation is we always expect the best from our teams. And we know when other fans outside of the DOOM second our district we have the jewelry to back our cockiness up yr after yr. But anyways I said all of that to say those district gms for Kilgore absolutely made them a better Defense come playoff time. Our district has an advantage because I'm a firm believer in a teams strength of schedule plays a big roll come playoffs. I'm actually very thankful for the teams in our district because I can contest for Kilgore from watching them play these last two teams is they got tremendously better every wk (yes even the Center gm made them a better team even with how that gm unfolded). That loss was the best thing that happened to them. So in 8 qtrs of playoff football Kilgore has out scored their opponents 73-9 the 9 is the one to keep your eye on. So Henderson is fixing to face a totally different Defense come Friday 

And if you throw out that onside kick BS from Bullard in the 1st qtr of that game, in the 11 qtrs since we have outscored our opponents 129-15. 

16 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Its good to see Hendersons running game finally get going without Hall having to carry the entire load.

This!!! Like I said before, the line s coming together and getting better each week. Henderson could be peaking at just the right time. I'm going with Hendo by a touchdown.

Its going to take Henderson doing more than the first gm if Henderson couldn't beat Kilgore and take advantage of Kilgore's D when some key starters were out and playing well let's just say really bad on that side. And now the starters are back and you lion fans can see for yourself that the Kilgore D has stepped up big time. Just saying I can't see them beating Kilgore not this season anyway. If they do I will congratulate the lion's.

20 hours ago, Lion70 said:

20 hours ago, Lion70 said: