Waskom 8-4 vs Garrison 7-5 at Carthage Friday Night 7:30

Wild74

Waskom 8-4 vs Garrison 7-5 at Carthage Friday Night 7:30  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Who WIns

48 minutes ago, DawgPound73 said:

guess we shouldnt even show up since everyone thinks Waskom gonna win.  I think it will be a good game and then Dawgs will come out on top.  And if y'all think Waskom has a big speed advantage then y'all watching a different Dawgs team than I am.  

No.. Pulling for the Dawgs.. They can win this game no doubt. They will win this game !!

1 hour ago, DawgPound73 said:

guess we shouldnt even show up since everyone thinks Waskom gonna win.  I think it will be a good game and then Dawgs will come out on top.  And if y'all think Waskom has a big speed advantage then y'all watching a different Dawgs team than I am.  

YEP.........Kirt said you were color blind.........Your Maroon and White..........Not Red and White.......

I was just saying that if you are from Garrison or root for Garrison as your team then you pick them every week.  Don't pick against them ever.  There is no money at stake on smoaky. Just comments, so if you're a Garrison Bulldog fan then you root and pick the Dawgs.  Be a fan of your team,  not a nay sayer.  Just I would hope all Waskom fans are picking Waskom.  Rant over.  Go Dawgs! 

Both Waskom and Garrison have been playing good football the last 4 or 5 games, I watched Garrison play against EF in a game I thought EF should have won but Garrison rode late and totally dominated EF in the final quarter, EF couldn't throw into the wind and Garrison made big plays and scored and put the game away. Waskom has had a good draw in the playoffs, Hearne was fairly good but they could not stop the run and fell apart in the second half. I have noticed Garrison has a problem stopping the run but they will be concentrating on doing just that since Waskom is a 98% running team. Stack the line they will. Waskom will have to establish the run and if they can't they will have to throw to back Garrison off from the line of scrimmage. All of this is known and is typical football, whoever executes will win the game but that is the fact in all football games. Waskom can and will give up the big play, Garrison is a big play team and so is Waskom to some extent. Whoever wins this game will have their hands full the next week for sure. I think Waskom will win and move on but it will not be a big margin and in a close game watch out for Garrison you can't let them hang around like EF did. For that matter Garrison might be thinking the same thing we can't let Waskom hang around or the game will come down to who has the ball last. With all that said the coaches for both teams will have their share of trick plays I notice Garrison on their first series had 4th and 5 something and was fixing to punt from their own 20 yard line and called a fake punt that when all the way that takes some guts because if you don't make it you most likely are fixing to give the other team a TD. Looks to be a very good close game. :violence-duel:

57 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Both Waskom and Garrison have been playing good football the last 4 or 5 games, I watched Garrison play against EF in a game I thought EF should have won but Garrison rode late and totally dominated EF in the final quarter, EF couldn't throw into the wind and Garrison made big plays and scored and put the game away. Waskom has had a good draw in the playoffs, Hearne was fairly good but they could not stop the run and fell apart in the second half. I have noticed Garrison has a problem stopping the run but they will be concentrating on doing just that since Waskom is a 98% running team. Stack the line they will. Waskom will have to establish the run and if they can't they will have to throw to back Garrison off from the line of scrimmage. All of this is known and is typical football, whoever executes will win the game but that is the fact in all football games. Waskom can and will give up the big play, Garrison is a big play team and so is Waskom to some extent. Whoever wins this game will have their hands full the next week for sure. I think Waskom will win and move on but it will not be a big margin and in a close game watch out for Garrison you can't let them hang around like EF did. For that matter Garrison might be thinking the same thing we can't let Waskom hang around or the game will come down to who has the ball last. With all that said the coaches for both teams will have their share of trick plays I notice Garrison on their first series had 4th and 5 something and was fixing to punt from their own 20 yard line and called a fake punt that when all the way that takes some guts because if you don't make it you most likely are fixing to give the other team a TD. Looks to be a very good close game. :violence-duel:

Good analysis ... Garrison has struggled some with tackling big backs that run hard and break tackles, not so much with smaller faster backs like we saw against Alto and Arp.  We had the bigger backs stopped only to have them break tackles and churn on down the field.  We have been more of a 2nd half team for the most part and tend to wear down people somewhat in the games we have won.  We have got to be able to mix in some shorter passes over the middle, slants and posts along with the run.  If we can break some of those for long plays we have a good shot.  If not, we could get in trouble.  What worries me more than anything is our propensity to go for it on 4th down in our own territory and around mid-field.  That kind of play can get you beat in the playoffs, especially this deep.  Sometimes you have to do the smart thing and play the field position game instead of putting you defense on the spot and giving you opponent a short field.  I do think it's going to come down to who can make the most big plays and take care of the ball while eliminating penalties and mental mistakes ... Good luck to both teams and hope whichever team wins they come out healthy.  The winner will most likely face Newton next week and will more than have their hands full .... :munch::football:

6 hours ago, DawgPound73 said:

I was just saying that if you are from Garrison or root for Garrison as your team then you pick them every week.  Don't pick against them ever.  There is no money at stake on smoaky. Just comments, so if you're a Garrison Bulldog fan then you root and pick the Dawgs.  Be a fan of your team,  not a nay sayer.  Just I would hope all Waskom fans are picking Waskom.  Rant over.  Go Dawgs! 

That's what I'm saying this is the first time all these kids r healthy we shall how this game goes

4 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Good analysis ... Garrison has struggled some with tackling big backs that run hard and break tackles, not so much with smaller faster backs like we saw against Alto and Arp.  We had the bigger backs stopped only to have them break tackles and churn on down the field.  We have been more of a 2nd half team for the most part and tend to wear down people somewhat in the games we have won.  We have got to be able to mix in some shorter passes over the middle, slants and posts along with the run.  If we can break some of those for long plays we have a good shot.  If not, we could get in trouble.  What worries me more than anything is our propensity to go for it on 4th down in our own territory and around mid-field.  That kind of play can get you beat in the playoffs, especially this deep.  Sometimes you have to do the smart thing and play the field position game instead of putting you defense on the spot and giving you opponent a short field.  I do think it's going to come down to who can make the most big plays and take care of the ball while eliminating penalties and mental mistakes ... Good luck to both teams and hope whichever team wins they come out healthy.  The winner will most likely face Newton next week and will more than have their hands full .... :munch::football:

SA gashed Garrison for 313 yards rushing...