6A Division II Region II Semi-Final: Longview vs Klein Collins

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (11-1) vs Klein Collins Tigers (11-0)  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Klein Collins in a close one
    • Klein Collins in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/02/2017 at 08:00 PM

longview.pngkleincollins.png

LONGVIEW LOBOS (11-1) VS KLEIN COLLINS TIGERS (11-0)

DATE: Saturday, December 2nd, 2017
TIME: 2:00 PM PM
LONGVIEW BROADCAST: 106.5 FM JACK FM
KLEIN COLLINS BROADCAST: TSRN Sports

longview.pngSERIES TIED 0-0-0 kleincollins.png

The two schools have never played a non-district contest.
The two schools have never played a district contest.
The two schools have never played a playoff contest.
The two schools have never played a neutral location.
The two schools have never played at Longview.
The two schools have never played at Klein Collins.
The two schools have never played at McLane Stadium.
The two schools have never played when the game is on December 2nd.

LAST FIVE GAMES IN SERIES
First Meeting.
FULL GAME LOG

GAME PREVIEW & SERIES REVIEW
Coming Soon.

CLASS 6A DIVISION II REGIONAL I & II GAMES:
12/02 - R4 Arlington (10-2) vs W5 Southlake Carroll (9-3) - Ford Center at The Star
12/01 - W4 Mansfield (11-1) vs W8 Hewitt Midway (12-0) - McLane Stadium
12/02 - W11 Longview (11-1) vs W15 Klein Collins (11-0) - McLane Stadium
12/02 - W12 Lufkin (10-2) vs W16 Spring Westfield (11-1) - Texan Drive Stadium

CLASS 6A DIVISION II REGION II AREA RESULTS:
Longview 75 Dallas Jesuit 43
Klein Collins 48 Round Rock Stony Point 14
Lufkin 35 Richardson Pearce 18
Spring Westfield 47 San Marcos 3

WHAT’S AT STAKE:
The winner of today’s game will take on the winner of Lufkin vs Spring Westfield in the Class 6A Division II Region II Final match up.

LONGVIEW LOBOS
Record: 11-1 (6-1)
District: 11-6A
Coach: John King (150-35 in 14 seasons) (Playoffs: 32-13)
First Year of Football: 1909
All-Time Record: 709-340-52 (Playoffs: 61-40-1)
Playoff Appearances: 43
Last Playoff Appearance: 2016, 6A Division II Bi-District Round
State Championships (1): 1937 (1A)
State Championship Appearances (4): 1937 (1A), 1997 (5A D1), 2008 (4A D1), 2009 (4A D1)
SCHEDULE:
09.01 - vs Lufkin - Win 35-16
09.08 - vs Marshall - Win 41-7
09.15 - vs South Oak Cliff - Win 38-7
09.22 - at Mesquite Horn - Loss 52-34
09.29 - vs Tyler Lee - Win 54-26
10.06 - at Rockwall - Win 31-21
10.20 - vs North Mesquite - Win 41-7
10.27 - at John Tyler - Win 28-19
11.03 - vs Rockwall Heath - Win 49-7
11.10 - at Mesquite - Win 61-3
11.17 - Bi-District: Beaumont West Brook - Win 42-21
11.25 - Area: Dallas Jesuit - Win 75-43
12.02 - Regional: Klein Collins

KLEIN COLLINS TIGERS
Record: 11-0 (7-0)
District: 15-6A
Coach: Drew Svoboda (93-23 in 10 seasons) (Playoffs: 11-6)
First Year of Football: 2002
All-Time Record: 111-66-0 (Playoffs: 11-7)
Playoff Appearances: 8
Last Playoff Appearance: 2016, 6A Division II State Semi-Finals
State Championships (0): n/a
State Championship Appearances (0): n/a
SCHEDULE:
09.14 - at Houston Lamar - Win 23-14
09.21 - vs Humble Atascocita - Win 41-0
09.28 - at Houston Memorial - Win 38-10
10.05 - vs Klein Oak - Win 21-10
10.13 - at Klein Forest - Win 49-22
10.20 - vs Houston Spring Woods - Win 68-0
10.27 - at Houston Stratford - Win 49-7
11.03 - at Klein - Win 22-9
11.09 - vs Houston Northbrook - Win 62-0
11.17 - Bi-District: Spring DeKaney - Win 49-9
11.24 - Area: Round Rock Stony Point - Win 48-14
12.02 - Regional: Longview

ON THIS DATE IN LOBO HISTORY: December 2nd
In 1927, Longview knocked off Livingston 51-0 to complete the first undefeated season in school history and to win the school’s first ever playoff game. The Loboes finished with just 2 points scored against all season long.
In 1939, Edgar Worsham tallied a 4th quarter touchdown to lift the Lobos to a 13-7 victory over Gladewater at Bear Stadium.

lobohowl2.GIF

2 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Dallas News reporting Jesuit got 606 total yards tonight. That’d be the most Longview has ever given up in a single game.

Yards just don't equal scores..Lobos will have to play a complete game next week to beat KC..  Go Lobos!

this team beat two very good teams still in the playoffs.  They like to run but are very good passing also.  Very disciplined team. RB spiller committed to OU last week.  Can we beat them?  Yes but it is going to take a tremendous  effort.  I hope it takes a tremendous effort from them if they beat us.  It is time longview wins a game like this we are over due.  

7 minutes ago, in10sz said:

Yards just don't equal scores..Lobos will have to play a complete game next week to beat KC..  Go Lobos!

No doubt.

And a lot of those yards came in the 4th when game was well and decided.

As you said, Lobos will have to play a complete game against KC. Come and play Lobo football and see what happens.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Dallas News reporting Jesuit got 606 total yards tonight. That’d be the most Longview has ever given up in a single game.

Did they report Longview's totals...too ? lol

• Like 1

Before I talk about Collins, I have to say, this is the best Longview team we have had since 2010 without a doubt. I always had high expectations for 2017 (and the next few seasons) but it's always good to see it rather than just talk about it. Proud of em, they have killed it this year and are one quarter away from being the exact same undefeated that Collins is. 

Now, for Collins....long story short, they are the best team in Texas currently without question. Very strong in the trenches, very disciplined, one of the best RB's in the state in Spiller to go along with an awesome defense that makes little to no mistakes. This will be the best team that we have faced in several years. We certainly do have our hands full and perhaps, we are supposed to lose this game. Collins is forreal after losing in the semis to Desoto last season whom they feel like they should have beaten. 

With that said, can we beat them? I believe we can, BUT it's going to take some smart football to do it. We are going to have to continue to be efficient on offense, keep producing turnovers on defense as we have all year long and keep forcing bad field position due to Kessler's punts/kickoffs. We do these 3 things, I promise you we will be in the quarters, a place where I said this team would be prior to the season. 

Winner of this game wins by 7.

• Like 3

Look. I need to know if anyone has any definitive information regarding the health of our offensive line. I mean, have we returned ANY student athletes back from injury or are we expecting anyone lost at the beginning of the year to return this week??? This game is going to be won or lost in the trenches along the offensive line and defensive line. We are going to need the best efforts this next Saturday. Our offensive and defensive linemen better be hitting those sleds, bench presses and squats extra hard this week WITHOUT hurting yourselves, of course.

I have to give a MAJOR shout out to our new strength & conditioning coach whom has done a magnificent job this year with our student athletes. I hope he doesn't cut them any slack this week, though. Klein Collins reminds me of a young Junior College team with their size. I hope and pray our Lobos give their best efforts against Klein Collins. I can live with the results if we do that but, it tell John King to play with the throttle all the way the ENTIRE game.

6 hours ago, Quick said:

Look. I need to know if anyone has any definitive information regarding the health of our offensive line. I mean, have we returned ANY student athletes back from injury or are we expecting anyone lost at the beginning of the year to return this week???

The only that came back was Kaylon Allen against JT and he has done well since. Our D1 LT Williams and RG Brooks however are definitely done for the year but Allen is filling in for Brooks at LG after sophomore Cox has been doing so well at C. So the only one we are really missing is Williams at LT. 

But this unit has done well throughout the season. We're just going to have to buckle down and play Longview football...because this will no doubt be a smashmouth game. Longview is going to run it, KC is going to run it. I'm not really worried about our oline honestly, the dline is who this will come down to. They are going to have to get penetration on a very good oline. I'm telling you, we haven't seen an oline like this since Allen 2011. We're really going to need Blakemore more than ever this game.

The addition of his brother Anderson this week should help us out for sure although Williams and Edwards have done an awesome job in his absence. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

636 is what DMN said. 2nd most ever.

Longview "averaged" 17.4 yards "per play" . They ran a grand total of 36 plays on offense. That's a simply outrageous stat !!

Conversely, Jesuit "averaged" 6.6 yards "per play" on 92 plays on offense. Think about it 92 plays to 36... ridiculous.

Longview scored with such speed and swiftness that the Lobo defense simply got worn smooth out ! The Rangers defense was atrocious ! It was really an epic mismatch !

2 hours ago, WolverBean said:

We had our bad game vs horn getting better every game since kc, have yet to be tested we got this! Won't be easy, but we play lobo football turn over free may come down to fg but we got this! Time to looooobo up!!! giphy.webp

170px-Howlsnow.jpg

This is a crazy comment that Longview fans need to get out of their head.

KC is more than tested. This is the best team we will have faced all season long. By far. They’re a team coming off a Semi Final appearance and they probably should’ve won that game last season to head on to State.

Lobos will have to play their best game all season long to win this one. Yes, we can do it. But it’s going to be ridiculously tough. 

I’m excited to see how our boys step up to this challenge.

• Like 2