6A Division II Region II Semi-Final: Longview vs Klein Collins

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (11-1) vs Klein Collins Tigers (11-0)  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Klein Collins in a close one
    • Klein Collins in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/02/2017 at 08:00 PM

I know the lobo  team I saw play us at rose can't show up In Waco they will have to play almost mistake free the whole game Collins won't let up they are going to keep scoring till click clock hits 0  the best chance Longview has is shut down there run it easy said than done tho  they run the ball out shotgun  mostly and other ways  with that big oline 

1 hour ago, 3rdcoastent said:

I know the lobo  team I saw play us at rose can't show up In Waco they will have to play almost mistake free the whole game Collins won't let up they are going to keep scoring till click clock hits 0  the best chance Longview has is shut down there run it easy said than done tho  they run the ball out shotgun  mostly and other ways  with that big oline 

That Lobo offense has shown itself just once since the Horn loss and that was against JT. The defense did its job against Cujo just as it has the other 8 games since Horn.

11 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

If Longview keeps it within 3 scores I will be amazed. 

Say, Y'all. This right here is the prime example of HATE at it's finest. When I tell y'all that EVERYBODY ain't in our corner rooting for us to succeed, THIS is what I mean. Now, instead of him getting behind us and rooting if for nothing else than just being from East Texas THIS is what he decided to type. 

But, it's all good, though. It's his opinion and his right and I can respect him for being bold enough to say in so many words, "Eff" Longview and I hope y'all don't make it. As a matter of fact, y'all will be lucky to keep it within THREE touchdowns."

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 3rdcoastent said:

Basically, getting an extra 5 yard running start running downhill with a BEHEMOTH line. Yeah, I understand exactly what you're saying. No doubt, this is the tallest order of the year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

If Longview keeps it within 3 scores I will be amazed. 

Yeah...we all know Collins is very good but come on and explain to the board WHY you think this will be the outcome ?

Instead of throwing out a TROLL post tell us all about Collins... their strengths, their offensive and defensive stars. Oh any weaknesses they "might" have...oh wait, they're so geat they don't have any of those....sheesh !

We'll be waiting for your professional response !

• Like 1

It’s not a troll post to believe that this team could wipe the floor with us. They did it to JT last year with absolute ease.

They’re state ranked for a reason. Our team is young, very young and hasn’t faced a team like this all season.

25 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

It’s not a troll post to believe that this team could wipe the floor with us. They did it to JT last year with absolute ease.

They’re state ranked for a reason. Our team is young, very young and hasn’t faced a team like this all season.

Offering absolutely no substance other than to say he would be amazed IF Longview "keeps it within 3 scores" is, in fact, a troll post...imo.

Now, unless Longview doesn't play to their ability or has multiple turnovers this will be a really good game.

These Lobos aren't that young anymore. So the young team label can be put to rest as they have more than proven with their results over 12 games. That could be used as a reason but I really believe this edition shed that weeks ago. I also know what Collins did to John Tyler "last year" but that was against John Tyler AND that was then !

I won't be surprised IF Collins wins at all as I realize they're very good. However, posting one would be amazed is looking to "stir the pot" in here without going into detail.

I'm not going to argue with a fellow Longview poster over how awesome an opponent is when all I want is real dialogue and not some absurd commentary from a "know it all" !

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, RandyJohnson said:

I’m not going to argue with a fellow Longview poster over how awesome an opponent is when all I want is real dialogue and not some absurd commentary from a "know it all" !

lol ok Randy.

I took Klein Collins in a close one. I think its winnable but Longview will have to force turnovers. I'm just worried about the KC o-line vs Longview D-line. I know the Lobos will have the speed and then some to match up but not sure they will be able to hold up for 4 quarters with the size difference. I feel the same way about my Panthers. Westfield is a winnable game but we will have to be perfect and get turnovers. However I'm worried about Westfield passing the ball. That QB is a good one. This could be a big statement weekend for East Texas football at the highest level in Texas. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I took Klein Collins in a close one. I think its winnable but Longview will have to force turnovers. I'm just worried about the KC o-line vs Longview D-line. I know the Lobos will have the speed and then some to match up but not sure they will be able to hold up for 4 quarters with the size difference. I feel the same way about my Panthers. Westfield is a winnable game but we will have to be perfect and get turnovers. However I'm worried about Westfield passing the ball. That QB is a good one. This could be a big statement weekend for East Texas football at the highest level in Texas. 

Et Tu, Book?

31 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Agree. KC and WF should be the favorites, but I’m hoping Lv and Lufkin can both pull it out and put the big schools of East Texas back on the map. Having both schools in the fourth round would be something special, especially for Lufkin. I don’t think many expected that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyJohnson said:

Offering absolutely no substance other than to say he would be amazed IF Longview "keeps it within 3 scores" is, in fact, a troll post...imo.

Now, unless Longview doesn't play to their ability or has multiple turnovers this will be a really good game.

These Lobos aren't that young anymore. So the young team label can be put to rest as they have more than proven with their results over 12 games. That could be used as a reason but I really believe this edition shed that weeks ago. I also know what Collins did to John Tyler "last year" but that was against John Tyler AND that was then !

I won't be surprised IF Collins wins at all as I realize they're very good. However, posting one would be amazed is looking to "stir the pot" in here without going into detail.

I'm not going to argue with a fellow Longview poster over how awesome an opponent is when all I want is real dialogue and not some absurd commentary from a "know it all" !

With all do respect where is your analysis?

I have been keeping an eye on Klein Collins all year and I don’t see 1 weakness honestly.  Show me one.  They can throw, run, and they play nasty defense.  Just go look at their games most points they have given up is 22.  That is phenomenal considering they played two teams still in playoffs and gave both those teams their ONLY loss. Lamar and Atascocita.

As I’ve said I think we can keep it close with our offensive style(theirs is similar)  and if we can somehow manage to sustain drives and wear out their massive dline then maybe get some points late 3rd and 4th qtr and pull one out.  We simply cannot give their defense 3 and outs.  We must execute on offense and at least get field goals early.

Maybe 2 field goals in the first half I am predicting a score like  14-6 at half with kc in lead.  They will be very very difficult to score on so special teams will be HUGE factor if it’s close.  We will need to pin them deep EVERY punt and not give them short field.  Kessler better bring his lunch box.

2nd half is where we must step it up and get a big play or two and sustain some drives to keep them off the field and wear their d down.  Honestly this is the only scenario I see us winning but it ain’t a impossible scenario just have to execute.  I think this team is at its peak and still has its best game ahead of it and hopefully we get it this week!

another huge factor in this game is our dline vs their oline.  They got some hogs and a hell of a RB.  We have two rotations on the dline and hopefully we can keep them fresh and get pressure in backfield throughout the game.  Any other year I would say we had no chance to stop them but with a lot of depth up front we got a shot.

thats my analysis.  I hope I’m wrong I will be waiting for your analysis of my analysis lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Agree. KC and WF should be the favorites, but I’m hoping Lv and Lufkin can both pull it out and put the big schools of East Texas back on the map. Having both schools in the fourth round would be something special, especially for Lufkin. I don’t think many expected that. 

I know there are some Lobo fans and probably some Pack fans on here that hope JT loses every game, but I'm pulling for both of you guys to win this week and I hope one of the two win state. East Texas 5a/6a hasn't been the same in a long time. It would be good to see east texas comeback as state powerhouses.   Both teams will have a tough challenge this week, but after seeing what Rockwall did, I think both schools have a chance.

• Like 1

Plenty of highlight reel footage of K-C on Hudl and MaxPreps: http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/klein-collins-tigers-(spring,tx)/football/videos.htm

They like to bring a slot across to set up a quick screen to the wideout. Secondary is gonna have to play disciplined and tackle well. They'll also use the motion as a lead blocker for interior runs out of the gun. Zone-read appears effective to, as they've got a couple of big fast RBs and a QB who can scoot. Gonna be a challenge, no doubt.

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

I know there are some Lobo fans and probably some Pack fans on here that hope JT loses every game, but I'm pulling for both of you guys to win this week and I hope one of the two win state. East Texas 5a/6a hasn't been the same in a long time. It would be good to see east texas comeback as state powerhouses.   Both teams will have a tough challenge this week, but after seeing what Rockwall did, I think both schools have a chance.

Classy post. Thanks a bundle. 

• Like 1

Man O' Man. Do we have our work cut out for us this weekend. Jesus Christ! These boys at Klein Collins are GROWN A * * MEN!!!!!!! GROWN STANKY McNASTY TYPE MEN!!!!!!! I mean, we have some teenagers and some YOUNG Men but, NOT GROWN MEN like they have. Boy, we better bring it Saturday. This is one disciplined football team. I would consider Klein Collins the 6A equivalent to the 1983 Daingerfield Tigers Football team.

And, HYPOTHETICALLY speaking if we do get by Klein Collins, has anyone taken a deeper look to see who's possibly remaining besides Spring Westfield and Lufkin??? When I seen Hewitt Midway of all teams I was like, "DAMN!!!!!" We can't catch a break. But, I guess this ain't the time of the year to be taking breaks unless you want to watch other teams play on Saturday from the confines of your recliner or couch. 

I don't care what ANYONE else says, 6A Division 2 is the Juggernaut division this year. The road to state is going to be a tough row to hoe for ANYONE.

2 hours ago, Lobouno said:

With all do respect where is your analysis?

I have been keeping an eye on Klein Collins all year and I don’t see 1 weakness honestly.  Show me one.  They can throw, run, and they play nasty defense.  Just go look at their games most points they have given up is 22.  That is phenomenal considering they played two teams still in playoffs and gave both those teams their ONLY loss. Lamar and Atascocita.

As I’ve said I think we can keep it close with our offensive style(theirs is similar)  and if we can somehow manage to sustain drives and wear out their massive dline then maybe get some points late 3rd and 4th qtr and pull one out.  We simply cannot give their defense 3 and outs.  We must execute on offense and at least get field goals early.

Maybe 2 field goals in the first half I am predicting a score like  14-6 at half with kc in lead.  They will be very very difficult to score on so special teams will be HUGE factor if it’s close.  We will need to pin them deep EVERY punt and not give them short field.  Kessler better bring his lunch box.

2nd half is where we must step it up and get a big play or two and sustain some drives to keep them off the field and wear their d down.  Honestly this is the only scenario I see us winning but it ain’t a impossible scenario just have to execute.  I think this team is at its peak and still has its best game ahead of it and hopefully we get it this week!

another huge factor in this game is our dline vs their oline.  They got some hogs and a hell of a RB.  We have two rotations on the dline and hopefully we can keep them fresh and get pressure in backfield throughout the game.  Any other year I would say we had no chance to stop them but with a lot of depth up front we got a shot.

thats my analysis.  I hope I’m wrong I will be waiting for your analysis of my analysis lol

Great post.