6A Division II Region II Semi-Final: Longview vs Klein Collins

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (11-1) vs Klein Collins Tigers (11-0)  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Klein Collins in a close one
    • Klein Collins in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/02/2017 at 08:00 PM

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

I know there are some Lobo fans and probably some Pack fans on here that hope JT loses every game, but I'm pulling for both of you guys to win this week and I hope one of the two win state. East Texas 5a/6a hasn't been the same in a long time. It would be good to see east texas comeback as state powerhouses.   Both teams will have a tough challenge this week, but after seeing what Rockwall did, I think both schools have a chance.

Thanks 99!

2 hours ago, Lobouno said:

With all do respect where is your analysis?

I have been keeping an eye on Klein Collins all year and I don’t see 1 weakness honestly.  Show me one.  They can throw, run, and they play nasty defense.  Just go look at their games most points they have given up is 22.  That is phenomenal considering they played two teams still in playoffs and gave both those teams their ONLY loss. Lamar and Atascocita.

As I’ve said I think we can keep it close with our offensive style(theirs is similar)  and if we can somehow manage to sustain drives and wear out their massive dline then maybe get some points late 3rd and 4th qtr and pull one out.  We simply cannot give their defense 3 and outs.  We must execute on offense and at least get field goals early.

Maybe 2 field goals in the first half I am predicting a score like  14-6 at half with kc in lead.  They will be very very difficult to score on so special teams will be HUGE factor if it’s close.  We will need to pin them deep EVERY punt and not give them short field.  Kessler better bring his lunch box.

2nd half is where we must step it up and get a big play or two and sustain some drives to keep them off the field and wear their d down.  Honestly this is the only scenario I see us winning but it ain’t a impossible scenario just have to execute.  I think this team is at its peak and still has its best game ahead of it and hopefully we get it this week!

another huge factor in this game is our dline vs their oline.  They got some hogs and a hell of a RB.  We have two rotations on the dline and hopefully we can keep them fresh and get pressure in backfield throughout the game.  Any other year I would say we had no chance to stop them but with a lot of depth up front we got a shot.

thats my analysis.  I hope I’m wrong I will be waiting for your analysis of my analysis lol

Nice analysis there...Lobouno !

I really think this game is going to come down to QB play. Moreover, how Head Coach King utilizes his QB and how Longview defends against the Tigers QB.

Longview has been gradually incorporating more of Haynes King into the run game. It's time to turn him loose because his playmaking ability with his legs is a serious weapon IF it's given even more chances.

I know there's the speed and quickness of our backs as well as the hopeful return of our original TB to see play but giving the keys to our QB in a greater capacity just makes more sense against the size advantage of the Collins interior across the board. Getting Haynes into space more often would be helpful to keep from being shutdown...imo !

Collins QB Rhyne is clearly going to be a challenge along with RB Spiller running the ball and WR Bennett downfield. It's obvious that Collins can wear on the opposition and I think Longview's defense which has been good enough to create mistakes all season and will certainly have to do just that to give the Lobos any chance to advance. 

Longview needs another near mistake free offensive performance matched up with an opportunistic creating defense and some great special teams play to pull this one off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

How does their QB compare with the Westbrook QB? He was actually a very good, fast player that Longview made look slow at times because of the defensive speed. 

I would say kc qb better...can run just as good if not better and is more accurate but the oline is what makes the biggest difference between the two 

Man, I'm watching their game vs Klein Oak right now and it must be an anomaly. They got pretty lucky to get their first TD (Oak muffed a punt to set them up, and then they fumbled and the ball went right to their other receiver who happened to be in the right spot and he scored). And their second TD was a pass that was tipped by the DB that the receiver was able to catch. Again, seemed more like luck that skill that got them that TD. It wasn't the receiver being open and the QB making a nice throw... I didn't know which team was which and the way the Collins OL got dominated, I could've sworn that Oak was Collins and vice versa. That said... The Oak defense is really good, as is the Collins defense. 

Maybe I should watch one of their blowout wins instead.

• Like 1

You know, a lot of FOOTBALL people have kinda got the opinion over the past few years Longview can't play with the so called big boys of 6A football.  Well we ARE one of the big boys too, and it's time to show the sate of Texas we are.  These kids can play, and I still believe we haven't seen the best of Longview yet.  That being said the rest of the D2 bracket will be tuff, tuff, tuff.  I just want to see our best against everyone else's best.  If we get that, I feel good about our chances against anyone. Our depth on defense is the best I've seen in years, quality depth, not just depth.  The secondary is really coming together at the right time.  QB will be the best to ever come out of Longview in my opinion, at least in my 40 years of watching them.  Come on Lobos beat KC!!!!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Am I the only one voting a Lobo blowout?  Beatdown taking place this week.. You heard it here first.. Straight up snuff job.. Chain out.. 

LOL, I like the cut of your jib, Chain, but the film don't lie.

K-C is big, fast, and aggressive. They've got a good system and they run it well. They're a well-coached, talented, senior-laden squad. They have absolutely no excuse to fail. 

But I reckon we'll go ahead and play the game anyway. See what happens. :D 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matthias said:

LOL, I like the cut of your jib, Chain, but the film don't lie.

K-C is big, fast, and aggressive. They've got a good system and they run it well. They're a well-coached, talented, senior-laden squad. They have absolutely no excuse to fail. 

But I reckon we'll go ahead and play the game anyway. See what happens. :D 

Y'all all be back here this weekend asking ol chain.. How'd you know?  And ima tell ya.. Cause chain said so... Hahahaha 

• Like 2
  • LOL! 2

On 11/27/2017 at 2:47 PM, JohnnyFootball said:

How does their QB compare with the Westbrook QB? He was actually a very good, fast player that Longview made look slow at times because of the defensive speed. 

QB is good but not really worried about him persay...I'm worried about the dude next to him at RB. Spiller.

Collins almost reminds you of Dekaney 2011, strong defense + very strong RB. I say almost....because I think Collins is actually better than that team. More disciplined all around, stronger in the trenches with a better passing attack.

Doesn't help that they are playing with a chip on their shoulder from last season. From the moment they loss that game to Desoto last season, they were on a mission.

24 minutes ago, Soko111 said:

KC needs to worry about all the weapons we have on offense. We don’t have 2 or 3 players to carry our team. Lobos have 8 to 10 players that will be utilized. Our defense bends but doesn’t break, with our rotation as deep as it is we will win by 10.

I nominate @Soko111 to give the pre-game speech.  :D

• Like 1