6A Division II Region II Semi-Final: Longview vs Klein Collins

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (11-1) vs Klein Collins Tigers (11-0)  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Klein Collins in a close one
    • Klein Collins in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/02/2017 at 08:00 PM

On 11/28/2017 at 9:07 AM, LoboFan07 said:

Post game show vs Dallas Jesuit: http://longviewlobos.bravehost.com/gamelogs/audio/dallasjesuit11252017postgame.mp3

Doubt I'll have audio highlights up tonight with how many highlights there will be and having a flight this afternoon that doesn't arrive back to Texas until 9.

http://longviewlobos.bravehost.com/gamelogs/audio/dallasjesuit11252017.mp3

19 hours ago, Soko111 said:

KC needs to worry about all the weapons we have on offense. We don’t have 2 or 3 players to carry our team. Lobos have 8 to 10 players that will be utilized. Our defense bends but doesn’t break, with our rotation as deep as it is we will win by 10.

Aww Jesus..... PLEASE don't do this. I understand the confidence and all and believe me that's great, but don't poke the damn bear. Let us at least run past him while he's half-a sleep!

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Lion70 said:

Just cause you don't like the prediction doesn't make be it a troll post. For the record I pulling for the Lobos .

Well, sorta. 

If he offered a reason why he felt that way, it would seem far less like a troll post. And if he hadn't been banned for trolling in the past, that would've helped his case too. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Quick said:

Aww Jesus..... PLEASE don't do this. I understand the confidence and all and believe me that's great, but don't poke the damn bear. Let us at least run past him while he's half-a sleep!

Amen to this.

we got nothin! kc blow out!!!!!

• LOL! 2

1 hour ago, Lobouno said:

Klein Collins has Only allowed 730 rushing yards ALL season!   

that’s nasty 

I’m gonna have to confirm when I get home but I’m almost positive 250 of that came against Klein Forest.

They were helped by playing three teams with less than three wins, where they completely shut those teams down (like 60 and below every game).

On 11/27/2017 at 10:31 AM, Lobouno said:

With all do respect where is your analysis?

I have been keeping an eye on Klein Collins all year and I don’t see 1 weakness honestly.  Show me one.  They can throw, run, and they play nasty defense.  Just go look at their games most points they have given up is 22.  That is phenomenal considering they played two teams still in playoffs and gave both those teams their ONLY loss. Lamar and Atascocita.

As I’ve said I think we can keep it close with our offensive style(theirs is similar)  and if we can somehow manage to sustain drives and wear out their massive dline then maybe get some points late 3rd and 4th qtr and pull one out.  We simply cannot give their defense 3 and outs.  We must execute on offense and at least get field goals early.

Maybe 2 field goals in the first half I am predicting a score like  14-6 at half with kc in lead.  They will be very very difficult to score on so special teams will be HUGE factor if it’s close.  We will need to pin them deep EVERY punt and not give them short field.  Kessler better bring his lunch box.

2nd half is where we must step it up and get a big play or two and sustain some drives to keep them off the field and wear their d down.  Honestly this is the only scenario I see us winning but it ain’t a impossible scenario just have to execute.  I think this team is at its peak and still has its best game ahead of it and hopefully we get it this week!

another huge factor in this game is our dline vs their oline.  They got some hogs and a hell of a RB.  We have two rotations on the dline and hopefully we can keep them fresh and get pressure in backfield throughout the game.  Any other year I would say we had no chance to stop them but with a lot of depth up front we got a shot.

thats my analysis.  I hope I’m wrong I will be waiting for your analysis of my analysis lol

KC special teams are not strong.  Longview has a decided advantage in this phase of the game.  It is very likely that Longview will block a fg/pat attempt.  Longview kicker/punter much bigger leg than KC.  In playoffs, Longview has kicked off 20 times with only 3 of them returned for a total of 33 yards.  Throughout the season, punts averaging 39 yards or so with only one punt returned.  

I honestly believe that this should be a close game and that special teams could likely be the difference.

My take...

Defense: Up front, don't try to match power for power. Utilize our speed advantage to keep plays hemmed inside. WE NEED TURNOVERS. The secondary needs their best game. Don't give up the big play. Missed tackles sink 'ships. K-C's offense seems like it tries to lull you with repetition: motion zone-read, motion bubble screen, motion zone-read, motion bubble screen, etc. and suddenly: motion zone-read PLAY-ACTION DEEP PASS OVER THE MIDDLE OHMYGODTOUCHDOWN! 

Offense: Utilize every weapon, but mix it up and don't let K-C pin their ears back. A.C. in zone-read. Play-action quick hitters to Brown over the middle. Mix it up with the FBs inside and the HBs off tackle, then roll Haynes out in run-pass options to take away the K-C size advantage on the interior line. Make those fat boys run!  

This game was won during the summertime. The better-conditioned, more physical team will win.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Justright said:

KC special teams are not strong.  Longview has a decided advantage in this phase of the game.  It is very likely that Longview will block a fg/pat attempt.  Longview kicker/punter much bigger leg than KC.  In playoffs, Longview has kicked off 20 times with only 3 of them returned for a total of 33 yards.  Throughout the season, punts averaging 39 yards or so with only one punt returned.  

I honestly believe that this should be a close game and that special teams could likely be the difference.

True but it hasn’t hurt them any this season we gotta keep it close 

9 hours ago, Matthias said:

My take...

Defense: Up front, don't try to match power for power. Utilize our speed advantage to keep plays hemmed inside. WE NEED TURNOVERS. The secondary needs their best game. Don't give up the big play. Missed tackles sink 'ships. K-C's offense seems like it tries to lull you with repetition: motion zone-read, motion bubble screen, motion zone-read, motion bubble screen, etc. and suddenly: motion zone-read PLAY-ACTION DEEP PASS OVER THE MIDDLE OHMYGODTOUCHDOWN! 

Offense: Utilize every weapon, but mix it up and don't let K-C pin their ears back. A.C. in zone-read. Play-action quick hitters to Brown over the middle. Mix it up with the FBs inside and the HBs off tackle, then roll Haynes out in run-pass options to take away the K-C size advantage on the interior line. Make those fat boys run!  

This game was won during the summertime. The better-conditioned, more physical team will win.

Some good stuff

if you watch their game highlights on max preps you see on each one 2-3 very good pass plays and usually one goes for td but they only throw 6-10 times a game.  They literally run 7 or 8 of every 10 plays so you know what’s coming.  What u said about the big pass is huge!  Most plays they are running it’s what they do we need to find a way to get them out of their rythym and only way is to slow down their very good running attack.

if you watch them they block very well so defenders have to be smart and not run into the block because they don’t miss.

I like what u said about offense.  Will we be willing to adjust if they stop our running backs?  My fear is we won’t be able to get that extra 1-3 yards after initial contact BC our rbs are so small.  Put in AC and go at them like we used to do with Petey Robertson.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lobouno said:

Klein Collins has Only allowed 730 rushing yards ALL season!   

that’s nasty 

Houston Lamar (9-1): 101
Humble Atascocita (10-1): 0
Houston Memorial (3-6): Unknown
Klein Oak (7-4): 80
Klein Forest (2-7): 194
Houston Spring Woods (0-9): 38
Houston Stratford (6-4): 66
Klein (7-4): 106
Houston Northbrook (1-8): 62
Spring DeKaney (6-4): 23
Round Rock Stony Point (6-6): 60

1 hour ago, Lobouno said:

if you watch them they block very well so defenders have to be smart and not run into the block because they don’t miss.

I like what u said about offense.  Will we be willing to adjust if they stop our running backs?  My fear is we won’t be able to get that extra 1-3 yards after initial contact BC our rbs are so small.  Put in AC and go at them like we used to do with Petey Robertson.  

1.) I hope above hope that the Lobo coaches are emphasizing this. K-C's linemen have excellent footwork. Most are commenting on their size, but you're absolutely right: they get to the right place and are superb blockers. About as good as it gets in high school ball. 

2.) Miyamoto Musashi said the greatest shame in defeat is to lose without using all of your weapons. If K-C manages to bottle up our smaller backs, we need A.C. to go Tebow/Belldozer/18-wheeler on them. No reason to hold back now, it's do or die. 

54 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Houston Lamar (9-1): 101
Humble Atascocita (10-1): 0
Houston Memorial (3-6): Unknown
Klein Oak (7-4): 80
Klein Forest (2-7): 194
Houston Spring Woods (0-9): 38
Houston Stratford (6-4): 66
Klein (7-4): 106
Houston Northbrook (1-8): 62
Spring DeKaney (6-4): 23
Round Rock Stony Point (6-6): 60

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/schedule.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&schoolid=5fabc01f-282c-44ac-bd67-ab8c1a1a76cd

Watch Klein forest highlight video against kc.  They run the power I a lot.  They had 194 rush yards.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lobouno said:

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/schedule.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&schoolid=5fabc01f-282c-44ac-bd67-ab8c1a1a76cd

Watch Klein forest highlight video against kc.  They run the power I a lot.  They had 194 rush yards.  

Yeah, it looks like they were able to get some things going on offense, they just couldn't stop K-C's offense.

Watching video of KC game vs. Stony Point, SP ran the ball well at times and one of the reasons that they only ended up with 60 yds rushing was all the sacks. If Longview will stay committed to the running game, they will put up some yards against KC. Their LBs are very agressive so counters and traps should be effective as well as a precise intermediate passing game. On defense, Longviews off side end must stay disciplined and provide effective back side pursuit, because Spiller likes to cut back. Effective pressure on their QB and attention to detail by the Longview DBs will slow down the KC passing game. The KC QB can play William Tell if you give him time to stand there, he is very accurate. I have only watched two KC games on video, but I have to ask: How  many holding penalties are called on their Oline per game? They hold A LOT, and we are not talking about your garden variety "there if holding on every down" type of holds either, they are arms extended, wrapping them up holds. If the officials don't allow that craziness, I believe that Longview's depth in the Dline will allow them to put lots of pressure on the QB and cause mistakes. Good luck Lobos, I will be watching the game online. 

3 minutes ago, CF21 said:

How  many holding penalties are called on their Oline per game? They hold A LOT, and we are not talking about your garden variety "there if holding on every down" type of holds either, they are arms extended, wrapping them up holds.

They do seem to take a lot of penalties. At least against every team with a pulse they did.

1 hour ago, CF21 said:

Watching video of KC game vs. Stony Point, SP ran the ball well at times and one of the reasons that they only ended up with 60 yds rushing was all the sacks. If Longview will stay committed to the running game, they will put up some yards against KC. Their LBs are very agressive so counters and traps should be effective as well as a precise intermediate passing game. On defense, Longviews off side end must stay disciplined and provide effective back side pursuit, because Spiller likes to cut back. Effective pressure on their QB and attention to detail by the Longview DBs will slow down the KC passing game. The KC QB can play William Tell if you give him time to stand there, he is very accurate. I have only watched two KC games on video, but I have to ask: How  many holding penalties are called on their Oline per game? They hold A LOT, and we are not talking about your garden variety "there if holding on every down" type of holds either, they are arms extended, wrapping them up holds. If the officials don't allow that craziness, I believe that Longview's depth in the Dline will allow them to put lots of pressure on the QB and cause mistakes. Good luck Lobos, I will be watching the game online. 

Great input....thanks 

Go Lobos !!!! Let’s go Lobo nation !!! Let’s fill up our side!!!! Let’s support these kids!!! I believe!!!!

You know what..... they need also to be worried about Longview!!!!! Sick of the lack of respect for Longview???? Who cares what scout ••••. They have ok!! If that’s the case longview would never win a game! This Longview team has guts and is talented also! To beat longview you will have to play at a very high level all game!!!! If they do then hats off to them, if not you are in for a long day against a team that has been counted against all year! I even had my doubts but they proven us wrong!!!!i see a tough football team with talent! Good luck Collins ... cause you will need it!!! Go Lobos!!!! Let’s show the state we belong!!!!! Enough said!!!