Next Year's League

Stoney

Some things I think we need to discuss and vote on before next year.

1. What type of draft do we want to hold? Do we want the live draft? Do we want the NFL style draft like this year? 

2. Do you want to have a keeper player who will be your first round pick? Do you want to make it a complete new year, new team?

3. We've had players drop out the past two years. Do Y'all want to continue with opening their rosters up for plundering? If so, how many weeks of inactivity before we do so?

4. Do Y'all like the current QB1, RB1, RB2, WR1,WR2,TE, RB/WR Flex, K, DST setup? Keep it? Change it? If so what would you change? 2 QBs? No K? No TE but a extra FLEX like RB/WR/TE?

5. Keep as a Standard league? Change to a PPR (points per reception) format? 

• Like 1

1.) I actually liked the way we did it this year. It was fun and funny, but I also understand some folks had technical difficulties. I'm down with whatever. How we do the draft isn't an issue for me.

2.) I'm not a fan of keepers. Unless you have a committed core group of guys who definitely play year-in and year-out, keepers don't really make sense. I vote clean slate. 

3.) Yes, two consecutive weeks of inactivity and you forfeit your team. Hey, we're all busy. If you're too busy to take five freakin' minutes to set your roster, you have no business signing up. And no need to hold a second draft, just release the players in the FA pool. 

4.) I vote against two QBs, but I do think the TE should be replaced with a second Flex. I like that because it simulates different offensive philosophies. Some teams use a TE, some use more wideouts, etc. So I propose we go: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, FLEX, FLEX, K, DST 

5.) I vote emphatically in favor of PPR. 

• Like 1

1.  Live draft

2. Don't mind a keeper as long as they're not set to where you can't cut them.  I know our league doesn't do that, but some do.

3.  Two weeks.  It doesn't take much time to make substitutions, but if all players are active and don't have a bye week or they are on IR, let them be until a third week.

4.  I'm good either way.  I know tight ends are diluted, and often injured.  

5. I like PPR, but I'm fine with the way it is.  I plan to  be playing next year.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2017 at 6:52 PM, stoneykelly said:

Some things I think we need to discuss and vote on before next year.

1. What type of draft do we want to hold? Do we want the live draft? Do we want the NFL style draft like this year? 

2. Do you want to have a keeper player who will be your first round pick? Do you want to make it a complete new year, new team?

3. We've had players drop out the past two years. Do Y'all want to continue with opening their rosters up for plundering? If so, how many weeks of inactivity before we do so?

4. Do Y'all like the current QB1, RB1, RB2, WR1,WR2,TE, RB/WR Flex, K, DST setup? Keep it? Change it? If so what would you change? 2 QBs? No K? No TE but a extra FLEX like RB/WR/TE?

5. Keep as a Standard league? Change to a PPR (points per reception) format? 

I'll vote although I was a rookie add on this year but hopefully I'll be wanted back. 

1. I was fine with this year's although I understand others concerns and frustrations. Only thing I didn't like was changing the rules after we started. 

2. New  year, new team.

3. I'm good with the 2 weeks, but I do believe that they should have to forfeit any match they have won leading up to their removal. 

4. I like it as it is. It's tough enough finding a decent third RB or WR to try to fill another flex position and I think there should be a TE. 

5. I kind of like the format we are using. I didn't at first because I've always been in PPR leagues, but it grew on me. That being said, anyway is fine.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

1. Like we did this year is fine.....

2. Keep one player......

3. Two inactive weeks and they should be done......

4. Keep it like it is......

5. Keep it like it is......

I agree on all counts ....

I especially don't like PPR .....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

I'll vote although I was a rookie add on this year but hopefully I'll be wanted back. 

1. I was fine with this year's although I understand others concerns and frustrations. Only thing I didn't like was changing the rules after we started. 

2. New  year, new team.

3. I'm good with the 2 weeks, but I do believe that they should have to forfeit any match they have won leading up to their removal. 

4. I like it as it is. It's tough enough finding a decent third RB or WR to try to fill another flex position and I think there should be a TE. 

5. I kind of like the format we are using. I didn't at first because I've always been in PPR leagues, but it grew on me. That being said, anyway is fine.

Changing the rules after we started was because of the 2 old farts and Lion!

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2