Does This Commercial....

Stoney

It bugs me, too. But I think that's Apple's "marketing" thing. Computers are "boring". Tablets you can take with you are "fun".

The one I used to think was kinda funny was  the one where the girl is wearing the VR headset, and says in an exasperated voice, "How is this possible!?" And my response is, "You know those geeks and nerds you probably used to make fun of? That's how."

I hate tablets and laptops, because the keyboards make it tough to type.  I'm only going with a PC.  Now you can get them for as little as $350 that blows away what I use now.  I still have it in the box, because I'm going to use this 13 year old computer until it dies.  

31 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I hate tablets and laptops, because the keyboards make it tough to type.  I'm only going with a PC.  Now you can get them for as little as $350 that blows away what I use now.  I still have it in the box, because I'm going to use this 13 year old computer until it dies.  

I have gone through about 6 laptops.  The one I am using now I bought in 2013, I do use a wifeless mouse instead of the little scroll pad in the middle.  Thinking about getting a tablet to take with me but I don't think you can use a mouse with them.   My wife has been using an iPad for about 6 or 7 years.  I use my smartphone a lot, but I think a tablet might be better ....

34 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I have gone through about 6 laptops.  The one I am using now I bought in 2013, I do use a wifeless mouse instead of the little scroll pad in the middle.  Thinking about getting a tablet to take with me but I don't think you can use a mouse with them.   My wife has been using an iPad for about 6 or 7 years.  I use my smartphone a lot, but I think a tablet might be better ....

I haven't been through that many computers in 34 years.  I've only been through 5 of them.  That's another reason to stick with a PC.  I also have another computer upstairs that still works, but it doesn't have half the capacity that the one I just bought as a backup.  

1 hour ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

I love my iPad........

My very first computer.  You had to program it yourself and use cassette tapes to store the memory.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timex_Sinclair_1000  .  I saved up for that thing, and all I could do was play a few games.  About the only game I could play on it was "Hunt the Wumpus" .  I became bored with it very fast, because I had an Intellivision, even back then the TV was your monitor.  

5 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I haven't been through that many computers in 34 years.  I've only been through 5 of them.  That's another reason to stick with a PC.  I also have another computer upstairs that still works, but it doesn't have half the capacity that the one I just bought as a backup.  

I've had 5 or 6 PCs too ...

• 1 month later...

Here are pictures of MY FIRST WhiteBoard....My FIRST COMPUTER and my FIRST CALCULATOR.....that computer was a TI-99 and for memory had a cassette tape with 4min of tape.....connected by a cassette tape player.....chisel and slate was MY first White Board....and the TI-250 was $350 and did SIMPLE MATH square root AND... "pi"!!!!!!!!!ti-99-4.jpgcaveman working with slate and chisel to send a message.gifcalculator.jpg