New Diana vs #1 Gunter

Daingerfield357

I'd like to congratulate Gunter on a great game and great season thus far. There is a reason you are the undefeated defending State Champs. Great offense, great defense, and overall great TEAM. You are as was advertised. 

I'd also like to apologise for the actions of a couple of our players. They acted without class and let frustration take over. There is no excuse for their behavior. They have done it all season and I'm surprised the ND coaches have allowed it without consequences. Overall, the ND team does not act that way. It's disgraceful. 

Congrats to the ND Eagles on a great season. It's been a pleasure to watch you all season and cheer you on. We in Eagle Nation are very PROUD of you and your season's accomplishments. To those 14 Seniors, job well done in overcoming the adversity since that 0-10 season just a couple of years ago. Eagles, you have represented your school, community, and District 7 with hard work, never giving up, and the drive to keep going. Thank you!!! 

Proud Eagle!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TTman7 said:

I'd like to congratulate Gunter on a great game and great season thus far. There is a reason you are the undefeated defending State Champs. Great offense, great defense, and overall great TEAM. You are as was advertised. 

I'd also like to apologise for the actions of a couple of our players. They acted without class and let frustration take over. There is no excuse for their behavior. They have done it all season and I'm surprised the ND coaches have allowed it without consequences. Overall, the ND team does not act that way. It's disgraceful. 

Congrats to the ND Eagles on a great season. It's been a pleasure to watch you all season and cheer you on. We in Eagle Nation are very PROUD of you and your season's accomplishments. To those 14 Seniors, job well done in overcoming the adversity since that 0-10 season just a couple of years ago. Eagles, you have represented your school, community, and District 7 with hard work, never giving up, and the drive to keep going. Thank you!!! 

Proud Eagle!! 

Thanks, I don't fault the kids so much as the coach for not correcting it.  It was just 2-3 kids, the rest were very gracious and good sports.   Great season for ND - quite an accomplishment and something to build on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations to both of these football teams.  What a great time it is for the kids to be able to play in a game at this level.  I really do hope everyone enjoyed their time at Royse City ISD Stadium and really hope everyone got home safely.  It is not often that a ball club gets to represent your school as one of the best 8 teams in the state.  Heck, I'm not related to anyone and don't really know anybody from either school, just a high school football fan and I'm stinkin' proud of both teams.  Gunter, I've seen you for the past couple years and you are a very impressive football team.  I don't see superstars, I see strength, discipline, and focus.  You are one of the best overall defenses that I have ever seen and I admire your effort that each individual player does every play. That wins championships.  And that is instilled by excellent coaching.  

New Diana, you have a great team and it looks like you will have another really good team next season.  I spoke with some of your fans and they were very friendly and nice folks.  I think that Gunter's pass defense just overwhelmed your most powerful weapon.  It was obvious that your game plan depended on the pass, but when you run up on a defense like Gunter's, it is impossible to get anything started.  To be effective in your strength, you have to strike quickly and then maintain at least some of that strength.  The Eagles just could not get started, due to immense pressure on the quarterback, an early pickoff and extremely good coverage by outstanding secondary play. Just by glancing at your roster, if you can get another good QB, you should be back in the playoffs again next season.  Good luck to you all, you never gave up.  You guys just had to play the best team in the state in a very high profile football game.  No shame, just a very tough draw. 

I thought this game was over from the start. Gunter comes out of the locker room with 95% of their kids wearing no sleeves or long socks and then you had New Diana with heaters set up on the sidelines and most of their guys huddled up around them. To me it looked like the difference in one team being there before and the other just tasting the first bit of deep round playoffs. As it was said, ND got off to a bad start and it just compounded from there. Gunter had a great plan of forcing most everything to the outside in the passing game and since ND couldn't get any kind of run game going it was just uphill sledding. Congrats the Eagles though on an outstanding season, they just ran into a buzzsaw. Looking forward to a Newton/Gunter matchup.

12 minutes ago, chevyman said:

I thought this game was over from the start. Gunter comes out of the locker room with 95% of their kids wearing no sleeves or long socks and then you had New Diana with heaters set up on the sidelines and most of their guys huddled up around them. To me it looked like the difference in one team being there before and the other just tasting the first bit of deep round playoffs. As it was said, ND got off to a bad start and it just compounded from there. Gunter had a great plan of forcing most everything to the outside in the passing game and since ND couldn't get any kind of run game going it was just uphill sledding. Congrats the Eagles though on an outstanding season, they just ran into a buzzsaw. Looking forward to a Newton/Gunter matchup.

Chevy,  You hit the nail on the head. I thought the exact same thing when I saw the heaters.1 team looked like they were just happy to be playing in the 4th round, the other team looked like they were on a mission for another State championship. Congrats to ND on an historic season. Like many others I'm looking forward to a Gunter matchup with Newton in 2 weeks in Arlington. Gunter plays hard nosed, disciplined football and it's fun to watch!

15 hours ago, Pax said:

That person doesn't represent Gunter - at least not well.

Congratulations on a great season.

Pax I've followed Gunter for decades.  I give money for me and my grandma who is an alumna of Gunter.  I've done things for the ISD and more.  I've sat around on the dead peter benches talkin' with the old guys in different towns including Celina.

You don't speak for me.

Especially on something y'all are stupidly butthurt over.  It's a light joke and tease to say Old Diana because we knew that New Diana would not be a challenge and y'all are so soft and crying. Hattak yaiya.  (Ish yaiya tuk o?).

I saw the game last night.  I listened to the Todd, Roy, Chris radio a lot too.  They talk food a lot.

So go cry sensitive, soft guys.

• Thumbs Down 1

20 minutes ago, alyssaB said:

Pax I've followed Gunter for decades.  I give money for me and my grandma who is an alumna of Gunter.  I've done things for the ISD and more.  I've sat around on the dead peter benches talkin' with the old guys in different towns including Celina.

You don't speak for me.

Especially on something y'all are stupidly butthurt over.  It's a light joke and tease to say Old Diana because we knew that New Diana would not be a challenge and y'all are so soft and crying. Hattak yaiya.  (Ish yaiya tuk o?).

I saw the game last night.  I listened to the Todd, Roy, Chris radio a lot too.  They talk food a lot.

You seem like you voted for Hillary Clinton... Your comment was classless. I've been guilty of it dozens of times learn from it and move on. Good day and congratulations to Gunter on their semi final appearance.

• LOL! 1

56 minutes ago, alyssaB said:

You don't speak for me.

"...at least not well"

I didn't say you were not from Gunter or don't go to the games and support them - which I do as well.  We won.  Everyone saw the scoreboard.  That's the only talking that is necessary.  No need to follow that on-the-field performance up with an insult.  The rest of us have congratulated New Diana on a good season (because it was) and moved on to Canadian.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, alyssaB said:

You don't speak for me.

:munch:

Just in, these are stats through the 9:27 left in the 3rd quarter point in the game with Gunter up 59-0.

New Diana total yards 75, 12 for 28 for 56 yards passing, 15 carries for 19 yards rushing

Gunter offense  total yards 275, 2 for 3  for 18 yards passing, 27 carries for 257 yards rushing

New  Diana possessions:

INT, PUNT, FUM, PUNT, INT, MISSED FG, PUNT, END OF HALF, DOWNS, PUNT (ND recovered their onside kick to open the second half)

Gunter possessions:

TD, TD, TD, FG, TD, TD,TD, TD, TD

The Tigers were prepared for this challenge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GTAlumnus said:

Just in, these are stats through the 9:27 left in the 3rd quarter point in the game with Gunter up 59-0.

New Diana total yards 75, 12 for 28 for 56 yards passing, 15 carries for 19 yards rushing

Gunter offense  total yards 275, 2 for 3  for 18 yards passing, 27 carries for 257 yards rushing

New  Diana possessions:

INT, PUNT, FUM, PUNT, INT, MISSED FG, PUNT, END OF HALF, DOWNS, PUNT (ND recovered their onside kick to open the second half)

Gunter possessions:

WOW

New  Diana possessions:

Gunter possessions:

Probably time to move on to your next game. We all know it was a blowout, no reason to keep rubbing it in. 

36 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Probably time to move on to your next game. We all know it was a blowout, no reason to keep rubbing it in. 

I think there's a line here, and it hasn't been crossed in my opinion.  If someone posted these stats after some meaningless district game, sure - but this was a very good New Diana offense.  Demonstrably good.  An offense New Diana was proud of - and had every right and reason to be proud of it.  I think how well Gunter was able to contain that explosive offense is relevant here.  Don't take it as rubbing it in.  It's a testament to how well Gunter played.  In other words, the fact that this New Diana offense has earned respect is what makes these stats worth mentioning.  This shouldn't be insulting.  Gunter fans have a right to be proud of containing that very good New Diana offense.