Pleasant Grove vs Melissa 4A Div2 Region Two Final

futfan

PG vs Melissa Reg 2 Final  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who represents Region Two?

I'm going with PG. I'm impressed by what Melissa was able to do, but my Lord was the PG defense something incredible tonight. Celina had 17 yards of offense, and zero first downs in the first half. They only had 1 first down in the 3rd qtr that I knew of. PG stalled with penalties, was very careless with the football, and still managed to grind out the win, in a domineering fashion. Not once did I feel like PG wasn't in control. 

If Melissa has a defensive line threat like Celina, it could be interesting. Celina's ability to get penetration and get to the QB really is what kept them in the game. Mainly the play of #45, who for the second week in a row, made a huge impact. If not for him, this game would have been far worse. 

Good luck to both teams! Still riding this D7 train till the wheels fall off. Impressive wins by both teams tonight!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, flukeshot said:

It's at 7 in Paris on Friday per Jason Della Rosa of the Sherman Herald Democrat.

I watched Melissa take on somebody in the playoffs there before ... maybe New Boston ... so they're certainly familiar with the stadium and I guess they're cool with it.

They played Atlanta in Paris in 2014. Coldest game I ever went to.

This one outta be another awesome game! PG beat Celina by 19 ; Melissa beat Celina by 21. PG beat Gilmer by 3 ; Melissa beat Gilmer by 12. If Melissa stops the run(which they are capable of),  this could be another shocker week for East TX cause Melissa has the secondary to keep up with passing game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

This one outta be another awesome game! PG beat Celina by 19 ; Melissa beat Celina by 21. PG beat Gilmer by 3 ; Melissa beat Gilmer by 12. If Melissa stops the run(which they are capable of),  this could be another shocker week for East TX cause Melissa has the secondary to keep up with passing game.

Melissa is going to have to have a defensive threat on the line. That's literally the only thing I've seen even remotely stop PG. Tatum was able to do it, and Celina. #45 for Celina is the sole reason the game even remained close imo.

What PG did on defense tonight, was really awesome. I've seen Celina fans stating that this is one of their words year but still, it's about matchups. Celina defensively matches up very well against PG. I like to think PG's defense is set up to attack the spread more, but they stuffed almost everything Celina threw at them. This game was ever so close to being a shutout. Celina scored off of a fumble they recovered on PG's 8, and scored again on the backups. 

But PG has to work on ball control. Too many times did carelessness with the football bite them tonight. Horrible fumbles (just fumble, no contact needed), penalties... Gotta clean that up, especially next week. Otherwise, Melissa makes me eat crow 2 weeks in a row. Not sure if I can handle that.

9 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Melissa is going to have to have a defensive threat on the line. That's literally the only thing I've seen even remotely stop PG. Tatum was able to do it, and Celina. #45 for Celina is the sole reason the game even remained close imo.

If Celina was able to get in their backfield for pressure then Melissa can and will definitely do it. We were able to pressure Gilmer tonight, so we’ll see what they work up this upcoming week to throw at PG.