Pleasant Grove vs Melissa 4A Div2 Region Two Final

futfan

PG vs Melissa Reg 2 Final  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who represents Region Two?

7 minutes ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

Be curious to know what PG held Celina to as far as total yards rushing/passing? I know Melissa held Celina to 145 total yards all on the ground. Celina had 0 passing yards.

Celina had 17 total yards in the first half. 0 passing that I know of. 1 legitimate first down the against the starters. 1 first down on a defensive holding call that was uncatchable, but drew the flag nonetheless.

Celina broke 1 30 yard run in the 3rd qtr. That was their only first down against the PG starters. It was crazy. We left whenever PG went up 33-7.

Not sure who's idea it was to host a football game WHILE Sulphur Springs was having a city wide Christmas parade on the next street over. Parking was attrocious. Luckily, I didn't get ticketed for parking in half of a handicap spot. There was literally nowhere else to park.

• Thanks 1

Well I know starters would’ve been in probably till 4th or mid 4th I would think considering I kept up with this game tonight and know that it didn’t start getting out of hand till mid 3rd qtr. Which would match about the same amount of time as some of Melissa key starters played(first 4 qtr game starters seeing being round 2) But regardless, wether anybody wants to admit it or not east of the metroplex these two should make for one heck of a region finals game.

6 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Celina broke 1 30 yard run in the 3rd qtr. That was their only first down against the PG starters. It was crazy. We left whenever PG went up 33-7.

Not sure who's idea it was to host a football game WHILE Sulphur Springs was having a city wide Christmas parade on the next street over. Parking was attrocious. Luckily, I didn't get ticketed for parking in half of a handicap spot. There was literally nowhere else to park.

Sounds like poor planning by the city and lack of courtesy for the visiting towns.

11 minutes ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

Well I know starters would’ve been in probably till 4th or mid 4th I would think considering I kept up with this game tonight and know that it didn’t start getting out of hand till mid 3rd qtr. Which would match about the same amount of time as some of Melissa key starters played(first 4 qtr game starters seeing being round 2) But regardless, wether anybody wants to admit it or not east of the metroplex these two should make for one heck of a region finals game.

Hard to say. I got there right as PG went up 9-0, and from that point on, it never felt like PG wasn't in control. They fumbled the ball on their own 8, which allowed Celina to score their first and only touchdown until the end of the 4th. Even then, it was PG's carelessness with football that caused the fumble. I don't think the defender ever touched the ball. PG had several penalties, and fumbles in the first half that stalled them, which is all part of the game. Celina's #45 though seemed to really keep them in it. He almost single handedly took the pass threat away in the first half due to the fact he was immediately on the PG QB's back. Really didn't see PG start running the ball well until Celina's defense starting putting their hands on their hips. They just matched up so well against the wing that without PG being able to pass, they simply had to just pound the rock into Celina's defensive front, which was pretty good. They've shown that 2 weeks in a row, because I promise you, Jasper's offensive line and run game was the real deal.

2 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

But it should be a great game. I hope the stars align and I'm able to attend it. Not looking good at this point however.

Just based on our conversation this week you just seem to not be able to catch a break and see a good game from start to end here recently can you!?!:headbang:

15 minutes ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

Just based on our conversation this week you just seem to not be able to catch a break and see a good game from start to end here recently can you!?!:headbang:

It has a lot to do with the company that rides with me. 

But I always seem to pick games that aren't really close. I saw better quality games when Atlanta was still playing LOL. We thought about going and watching Hendo/Kilgore last second, but then decided not to. What do you know, a nail-biter with Hendo scoring the game winning TD as time expired.

• LOL! 1

6 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I'd look for a subpeona from Robert Mueller for that ....

(nice to enter a PG post without Batlicker)

Losing to both teams gives me a chance for perspective.

This game could go in one of two ways.

1.  Both teams struggle to get things going in the first half.  PG defense smothers Melissa, but PG can't get offense going, and there's a 10-7, 7-0 half time score.  However, PG's defensive pressure is relentless, and Melissa just can't move the ball.  PG starts to wear Melissa down in the 2nd half as their backs just keep pounding the ball, and they eventually break open a close game to win 28-14.

2.  Melissa is able to keep the PG defense off balance with a combination of running and passing, and the Melissa QB extends plays that cause the PG secondary to break down.  PG is forced into a passing game, and their offense stalls out.  Melissa wins big.

Melissa won't be able to run against PG like they did Gilmer.  So that won't be an option.  So it will depend on their passing game, if they can get that going, they have a chance to beat PG.  Won't give a prediction, because who knows what happens on a Friday night with 17 year olds.

1 hour ago, DOB said:

I'd look for a subpeona from Robert Mueller for that ....

(nice to enter a PG post without Batlicker)

I can give you a +1B for that

But I was looking for a subpoena for you after you (DOB) outed Matt Stepp with that picture. Some might get confused and call him Mike. 

20 minutes ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Losing to both teams gives me a chance for perspective.

This game could go in one of two ways.

1.  Both teams struggle to get things going in the first half.  PG defense smothers Melissa, but PG can't get offense going, and there's a 10-7, 7-0 half time score.  However, PG's defensive pressure is relentless, and Melissa just can't move the ball.  PG starts to wear Melissa down in the 2nd half as their backs just keep pounding the ball, and they eventually break open a close game to win 28-14.

2.  Melissa is able to keep the PG defense off balance with a combination of running and passing, and the Melissa QB extends plays that cause the PG secondary to break down.  PG is forced into a passing game, and their offense stalls out.  Melissa wins big.

Melissa won't be able to run against PG like they did Gilmer.  So that won't be an option.  So it will depend on their passing game, if they can get that going, they have a chance to beat PG.  Won't give a prediction, because who knows what happens on a Friday night with 17 year olds.

I think the game can go a few different ways but these 2 scenarios seem unlikely. 

1. I don't think PG will start off any game slow on offense. Sometimes we take a defensive round or two to figure things out but after that, it's lights out. Plus, we would pass more if we needed to in this scenario.

2. Nobody has been able to keep our defense off balance, why would Melissa be able to? We've been forced into passing games before....seemed to work out well for us.

Plus, I love how you state you won't give a prediction after giving two predictions...it's funny!

Celina had 106 total yards for the Game! 1 touchdown off a fumble inside the PG 10 yard line and 1 garbage time.. I'm not going to sugarcoat this . PG controlled this game. The defense all but shutout Celina. It was a very convincing win. Stop acting like PG hardly beat Celina. They never came close to beating PG. It was a dominant win for the grove period. Geeeez!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Ok ,,, your sore about that but whippin I get it now! It's ok it's going to be alright. You don't have to make yourself look like an idiot! 

Actually he was like that before the loss. He just likes to agitate!

44 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Celina had 106 total yards for the Game! 1 touchdown off a fumble inside the PG 10 yard line and 1 garbage time.. I'm not going to sugarcoat this . PG controlled this game. The defense all but shutout Celina. It was a very convincing win. Stop acting like PG hardly beat Celina. They never came close to beating PG. It was a dominant win for the grove period. Geeeez!

Congrats. I’m sure it’ll make for good game next week considering Melissa also held Celina to only 145 total yards.

10 minutes ago, bluetopper said:

How Did Melissa get it’s name? I bet they weren’t thinking of a football team when they named it. 

I think it has a nice football touch to it myself. It’s acheived a state championship couple district championships. But to answer your question, the towns of Melissa and Anna were named after the railroad founders daughters.