Pleasant Grove vs Melissa 4A Div2 Region Two Final

futfan

PG vs Melissa Reg 2 Final  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who represents Region Two?

7 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I have to find a way to get a seat at this game. I've thought and thought about how I'm going to make it. If I can get off early enough Friday, I'll be able to get there 30 minutes before it starts. I don't see there being a seat available though. 

I wonder if tickets will be sold out? 

Now you got me worried about getting a ticket at the gate. Anyone know what time the ticket office opens at the stadium? 

3 minutes ago, 36gut said:

Harmony turned in 321. According to Stepp, D1 is going to start at 330.

True, Harmony won't be D1 unless they drop those numbers. If they drop bottom number they might also drop top one, which would probably keep Gladewater, Tatum & Atlanta in 4A.

7 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Now you got me worried about getting a ticket at the gate. Anyone know what time the ticket office opens at the stadium? 

Well Sulphur Springs was packed. It wasn't sellout, but both visitors and home side were pretty full. I can only assume with a bigger playoff game, it will draw more people. 

3 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Also, it says the low Friday night is 33 degrees. Let me tell you something though. I don't know what it is about Paris, but it's the coldest place in Texas to play a football game. If they say it's cold, it's bad in Paris. 2014 Atlanta/Melissa was the coldest football game I ever attended. Dress appropriately! Bring a heater! 

It should be around 50 degrees at game time.

2 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I can always dream about the scheduling QC in preseason. Talk about hostile. 

It used to be a great rivalry, much in Atlanta’s favor. The only QC win I remember was 2001. The 2003 game was so rancid they didn’t have a choice but to do away with it. If they played now ATL would drop an 80 spot on the dawgs. All the kids playing now are too young to appreciate what kind of rivalry it was, despite QC getting kicked in the teeth for 15 or so years straight!

7 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

I’ve seen a little video on Melissa. If they run their base defense (3-4) PG will eat that up and score on every possession. I hope they would mix it up and mask some blitzes, otherwise it’ll be a 21 point or more Hawk victory. 

How often does PG see a “base” defense?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Melissa won’t completely change their defense up right?  Their base is a 3-4

Pretty doubtful they’ll roll with their 3/4 vs wing T unless they got the horses to do it and from what I’ve seen, they don’t. 

Besides, defense isn’t their strong suit and they know they will give up some points so might as well go with something crazy on that side of the ball, right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

Pretty doubtful they’ll roll with their 3/4 vs wing T unless they got the horses to do it and from what I’ve seen, they don’t. 

Besides, defense isn’t their strong suit and they know they will give up some points so might as well go with something crazy on that side of the ball, right?

They better worry about stopping PG or it’ll be a very long night. PG is playing as focused as I’ve ever seen them. They are hungry. 

Listen plain and simple. Coming from a current player. Melissa stands no chance against us running the ball down their throats. Bring up Celina all you want us starters didn't play entire game and we honestly didn't even take the game seriously. This game we are out for blood and prove yet again no one will stop us this year. Melissa has very small defense that we will man handle. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

19 minutes ago, PGprime said:

Listen plain and simple. Coming from a current player. Melissa stands no chance against us running the ball down their throats. Bring up Celina all you want us starters didn't play entire game and we honestly didn't even take the game seriously. This game we are out for blood and prove yet again no one will stop us this year. Melissa has very small defense that we will man handle. 

First of all. If you are a player then your coaches should do a better job of keeping you off of social media sites and more focused on the game. Secondly, it sounds like to me y’all are posting 20 times a day trying to convince yourself and the world as to how good you are. Thirdly, starters didn’t play entire game until what...very last drive? Cause I’ve got play by play of who rushed/passed of your players and the names stay consistent until the last possession. And last but not least, who doesn’t take a 3rd round playoff game seriously? Give me a break kid! I think it’s past your bedtime.

• LOL! 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 hours ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Also, it says the low Friday night is 33 degrees. Let me tell you something though. I don't know what it is about Paris, but it's the coldest place in Texas to play a football game. If they say it's cold, it's bad in Paris. 2014 Atlanta/Melissa was the coldest football game I ever attended. Dress appropriately! Bring a heater! 

Coldest HS game I sat through was last time PG got to the Reg Finals. 2009 in Longview against Pittsburg. Temp around 30 and sleet. The field was frozen. 

17 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Must be pretty awesome to be so good that you don’t have to take 3rd round games serious. 

Man, get that #### out of here. 

5 minutes ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

First of all. If you are a player then your coaches should do a better job of keeping you off of social media sites and more focused on the game. Secondly, it sounds like to me y’all are posting 20 times a day trying to convince yourself and the world as to how good you are. Thirdly, starters didn’t play entire game until what...very last drive? Cause I’ve got play by play of who rushed/passed of your players and the names stay consistent until the last possession. And last but not least, who doesn’t take a 3rd round playoff game seriously? Give me a break kid! I think it’s past your bedtime.

OK guys, leave my boy alone.

48 minutes ago, PGprime said:

OK man, you are right but right now you need to focus. ALL OF YOU NEED TO FOCUS. I know ya'll didn't take Celina lightly and I know that getting on here and reading this stuff can do no good. None of us know what we are talking about but you do. You know the heart and soul of the Hawks, you know the intensity and the fire the coaches have instilled in you, and you know that when Friday night comes that you need to go full tilt and blast the man in front of you. You know why we are getting so much smack talk? Because we are good! The best team always has the most haters. They hate us, cause they ain't us. 

We will win this round by 21 vs Melissa. Next round depends who we play but another win by at least 14. Championship vs WOS and that will be a win for us as well. Thats my prediction. 

Haters gonna hate. Dont worry I will send a shout out towards Melissa stands when i get a  TD just for all the smack talk about us.

I am done posting on here, Just want yall to hear it from a player on the ground that we are focused and ready to play. This forum just makes us want to smash ppl more. good night see ya Friday night Melissa to teach some lessons. PGdad SALUTE HOMIE

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

4 minutes ago, PGprime said:

We will win this round by 21 vs Melissa. Next round depends who we play but another win by at least 14. Championship vs WOS and that will be a win for us as well. Thats my prediction. 

Haters gonna hate. Dont worry I will send a shout out towards Melissa stands when i get a  TD just for all the smack talk about us.

I am done posting on here, Just want yall to hear it from a player on the ground that we are focused and ready to play. This forum just makes us want to smash ppl more. good night see ya Friday night Melissa to teach some lessons. PGdad SALUTE HOMIE

Yeah brotha. Go get em! Get some rest, ya'll got this. CAN'T BE BEAT!

• Thumbs Down 1

29 minutes ago, PGprime said:

23 minutes ago, PGDad said:

Yeah brotha. Go get em! Get some rest, ya'll got this. CAN'T BE BEAT!

Y’all are both bout the most lamest posters I’ve ever witnessed on this entire site! You both sound like a couple 10 yr olds.

• LOL! 2
  • Thumbs Down 1