Pleasant Grove vs Melissa 4A Div2 Region Two Final

futfan

PG vs Melissa Reg 2 Final  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who represents Region Two?

6 hours ago, PGprime said:

We aint worried. We will play our ball we have all year. Melissa wont stop us slamming the ball around because their defense is too weak. Easy win for us. 

No way this is a current PG player. Nice try though. Our boys are too focused and disciplined to do this. 

What just happened lol? What’s funny is on every forum or thread more people are going for PG so what is he talking about? Which one of you ruffled the Hawk’s little feathers ? Lol. I hope they are mentally strong and these sites don’t get to their head. Imagine college and nfl forums. This is jusy high school lol. 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Baller18 said:

What just happened lol? What’s funny is on every forum or thread more people are going for PG so what is he talking about? Which one of you ruffled the Hawk’s little feathers ? Lol. I hope they are mentally strong and these sites don’t get to their head. Imagine college and nfl forums. This is jusy high school lol. 

It’s a troll. No way this is a current player 

8 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Pretty doubtful they’ll roll with their 3/4 vs wing T unless they got the horses to do it and from what I’ve seen, they don’t. 

Besides, defense isn’t their strong suit and they know they will give up some points so might as well go with something crazy on that side of the ball, right?

Outnumber 'em on the Wing side ... equal on the backside ... must be fluid in adjustment when they jump to Wing/Slot 1-back ...

Have one good changeup to give a different look .... two blitzes in each ... hang on - wait and hope they shoot themselves in the foot

9 minutes ago, DOB said:

Outnumber 'em on the Wing side ... equal on the backside ... must be fluid in adjustment when they jump to Wing/Slot 1-back ...

Have one good changeup to give a different look .... two blitzes in each ... hang on - wait and hope they shoot themselves in the foot

....Signed Arkansas high, Paris, Krum, LE, Gilmer, Gladewater, Atlanta, Frisco. 

There arent enough defensive players on the field to do what You just described AND Cover our WR and TE. Not to mention our WB on a wheel route. Good luck man. Many have tried. Many have failed. I’m

sure it can be done, it just hasn’t yet. Tatum had the studs to slow PG down. 

Tatum pretty much did what most didn't do or were afraid to do and that was stunt from their 5-3 ...

Worked pretty well ... a couple of times confusion reigned and a player stunted wrong ... one play especially resulted in a long QB run on the Belly Option ...

There ARE enough defensive players to do what I denoted ... that being said, in most cases it ends up being who has the hosses to do what the chalkboard shows ...

I was virtually born with a piece of chalk in my hand ... and there's a really old coaches' saying that says - the guy with the chalk LAST always wins ... and life is all about learning ...

win.jpg

2 hours ago, Hawkguy888 said:

No way this is a current PG player. Nice try though. Our boys are too focused and disciplined to do this. 

1 hour ago, Hawkguy888 said:

It’s a troll. No way this is a current player 

1 hour ago, Baller18 said:

I am thinking the same. Very odd. 

1 minute ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Or that guy from last week. Can't remember his name.

You guys are probably right but I had to straighten him out just in case. 

15 hours ago, Baller18 said:

Y’all keep harping on PG’s amazing D LINE. Question. How was Gilmer’s good (but not crazy exceptional) O-line able to score what was it 38 points? Asking for honest feedback. If your D line is so good how did Gilmer score? I plan to watch the game tonight. Did anyone se it? 

I was at the Gilmer/PG game and watched the Gilmer/Melissa game on video. Gilmer was hitting on all cylinders offensively against PG, they didn't miss too many WR's when they were open. Gilmer looked a little out of sync offensively (missed some wide open WR's) and Melissa did a good job of containing the QB when he ran.

This PG team is kind of weird to watch.... it works as a unit, its not like watching other standout teams where you see freak athletes flying around the field.

They are playing as a team and really making everything work together. The linemen, always the unsung heroes of any team, are the real MVPs of this team.

If they had just an average line, I'm not sure if they even make the playoffs.

Keep it rolling hawks, bring some hardware back to Texarkana.

5 minutes ago, WiseGuy said:

This PG team is kind of weird to watch.... it works as a unit, its not like watching other standout teams where you see freak athletes flying around the field.

They are playing as a team and really making everything work together. The linemen, always the unsung heroes of any team, are the real MVPs of this team.

That's what I said earlier this year. They're not just mind-blowingly great at any particular area. I've seen better at almost every position (not on the same team of course). But they're very good at everything. Very well-rounded football team.

2 minutes ago, WiseGuy said:

I can’t argue this. The O line is outstanding. Huge tackles and center, fast athletic guards. Above average running backs. No running back has the main focus of the defense. You better be ready to defend everybody on the field. They do a lot of misdirection, but the person carrying out the fake on first down will be the guy who takes it to the house on second down. 

2 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

That's what I said earlier this year. They're not just mind-blowingly great at any particular area. I've seen better at almost every position (not on the same team of course). But they're very good at everything. Very well-rounded football team.

Exactly. Above average at every position. No weaknesses 

2 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Kinda reminds me of Liberty Hill few years back. Bunch of good players working together like a well oiled machine. 

4 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

Winner of this one plays the winner of Graham-Bushland next Thursday at the Ford Center....

Well, I will definitely miss that one. Good thing is though, that these games are usually streamed online. This game Friday probably will be too. I've watched the qtr finals the last 3 years being streamed. 

25 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

But! I will be at Arlington the entire week of the state final games! Best time of the year!

Seeing a 6-man game is something I have wanted to do.........If I had a bucket list, it would be on it.......Looking forward to December 20..........I plan on being there