Pleasant Grove vs Melissa 4A Div2 Region Two Final

futfan

PG vs Melissa Reg 2 Final  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who represents Region Two?

Let’s Go Cardinals!!! We worked hard all week preparing mentally and physically for this game. Our coaches have done a great job keeping our kids OFF social media as people’s opinions don’t matter. What matters is tonight. It’s put up or shut up. Good luck to both teams. See you tonight. Red,Red.

46 minutes ago, Baller18 said:

Let’s Go Cardinals!!! We worked hard all week preparing mentally and physically for this game. Our coaches have done a great job keeping our kids OFF social media as people’s opinions don’t matter. What matters is tonight. It’s put up or shut up. Good luck to both teams. See you tonight. Red,Red.

How dare you talk about my opinion like that?

3 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

How dare you talk about my opinion like that?

Lol. This was my first year on the blogs and Jesus it can be draining. I guess that’s what they are all about, people’s opinions. Opinions aren’t always facts but I have truly enjoyed reading everyone’s take, angle and numbers. Great group of guys. Now it’s all come to TONIGHT!! This moment. Both teams are ready! Let’s play some Texas Football!!! 

1 hour ago, PGDad said:

Well, you shouldn't have been calling a kid names and now that you are questioning an admins decision, hope you don't get another timeout.

Anyway, game day! Hawk Nation is going to show up, be loud, and proud! We've discussed all the x's and o's and the Jimmy's and Joe's but haven't mentioned our 12th man. In every single game (LE is the only exception) our crowd has outnumbered the opposing side in numbers, intensity, and volume. We have caused timeouts, helped with missed field goals, and have created a roar that can be heard for miles around. From what I can tell, the Melissa followers are right up there with us, so it is going to be an intense and crazy game. This won't be a typical game with just the parents of kids and their supporters, people from all over Texas and the surrounding areas are going to show up. I even know a few folks overseas who are going to be listening to this game on the internet radio. Hawk Nation Worldwide!

You cant stop can you? 

• Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, Baller18 said:

Lol. This was my first year on the blogs and Jesus it can be draining. I guess that’s what they are all about, people’s opinions. Opinions aren’t always facts but I have truly enjoyed reading everyone’s take, angle and numbers. Great group of guys. Now it’s all come to TONIGHT!! This moment. Both teams are ready! Let’s play some Texas Football!!! 

Haha well don't be a stranger. We're here every year. It's just some friendly banter, usually. It really gets fun if you play teams like D-field, Hughes Springs, Tatum, Carthage, Kilgore, Hendo... You'll have a shot at playing Carthage next year. They have a lot of fans on here. Gilmer used to, but they lost 3 games in 1 season so I guess they dispersed.  

20 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

It is definitely cold on the visitor side. In fact those photos I posted of the hawks in 8th grade are from a game in Paris. It was only like 50 degrees and folks were freezing.

Is the home side any warmer? Never sat there until tonight.

IMG_1573.JPG

No!!!! Lol. It's just as cold or colder on the home side.

18 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

Why?  I'm just curious.  I've seen both play, and I think PG is just better IF they play like they're capable.

If both teams played their absolute best, Pleasant grove should win.Pleasant Grove has better athletes top to bottom. But the weather, penalties,  and turn overs will be the key.  It’s anybody’s game tonight fellas. Melissa has outstanding athletes, just not as many

32 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Haha you should have been here the past couple of years. PGDad is so mild now. Almost to the point of calling him PGPawpaw in comparison to his former self. 

Yeah...I made a few rules to myself after I had to apologize to a few folks.

Rule #1 Wait to post until Sunday afternoon.

Rule #2 Don't give too much away on the x's and o's.

Rule #3 Don't drink and post.

Just now, Hawkguy888 said:

If both teams played their absolute best, Pleasant grove should win.Pleasant Grove has more athletes top to bottom. But the weather, penalties, and turnovers will be the key here. Melissa has outstanding athletes as well.  It’s anybody’s game tonight fellas

In my opinion, the athleticism of both teams is pretty equal. PG is extremely athletic, but so is Melissa. I hope that the cold doesn't negatively effect either team. I want to see both teams put their best foot forward, and see an all out battle for the Region 2 Championship. Then whichever team wins, I want them to win the whole dang thing.

Safe travels to all tonight, especially with the weather. Best of luck to both teams (Just hopefully a little more luck for the Cards) :woot:

I can deal with the cold and I can deal with the wind...but I can't deal with the cold wind. Looks like will be in the low 40s at kickoff and dropping into the 30s but the good news is variable wind only 4-6 mph.

Also, was just told $10 gate price which a little higher than past rounds, so bring your 10 spot or you'll be looking in from outside the fence.

11 minutes ago, PGDad said:

Yeah...I made a few rules to myself after I had to apologize to a few folks.

Rule #1 Wait to post until Sunday afternoon.

Rule #2 Don't give too much away on the x's and o's.

Rule #3 Don't drink and post.

It's just not the same without PGDad's old belligerent posts. 

9 minutes ago, Texski said:

I can deal with the cold and I can deal with the wind...but I can't deal with the cold wind. Looks like will be in the low 40s at kickoff and dropping into the 30s but the good news is variable wind only 4-6 mph.

Also, was just told $10 gate price which a little higher than past rounds, so bring your 10 spot or you'll be looking in from outside the fence.

It's going to be a full 4-6 mph though. Nothing to stop the wind but barbed wire. 

10 minutes ago, PGDad said:

What parents you talking about? I know you boys. I know you boys are butt-kickers, fired up. I know you can't be beat, I know you guys are LIT and Melissa is DEAD! I know you will put it all on the field and leave nothing but a field of destruction and disappointment for Melissa.

...and I know I am proud of you guys.

I thought you weren't drinking and posting anymore?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I thought you weren't drinking and posting anymore?

Haha! Just getting a little bit of that ol fire back. I figure the Melissa posters will give me plenty of ammo to bring back some of the belligerence:) 

14 minutes ago, PGHawkfan said:

If you are truly a PG player,  you might want to check yourself.  A little humility wouldn't hurt.  Anybody can be a brute from behind a keyboard.  

You're right Hawkfan but these boys are brutes on the football field as well. That Hawk fire and confidence is one of our most powerful weapons...it does border on cockiness but that fire and drive will help get us that DUB!

CAN'T BE BEAT!

• Like 1