Pleasant Grove vs Melissa 4A Div2 Region Two Final

futfan

PG vs Melissa Reg 2 Final  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who represents Region Two?

I'm not questioning anyone's authority or anything, but I feel like someone that has posted in the past while here should get themselves a little timeout. Really don't see how being so demeaning does not earn one. This is just an opinion.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, PGDad said:

You're right Hawkfan but these boys are brutes on the football field as well. That Hawk fire and confidence is one of our most powerful weapons...it does border on cockiness but that fire and drive will help get us that DUB!

CAN'T BE BEAT!

You & I will have to disagree on this.  I like confidence & cockiness.  His post wasn't either.  It was plain out disrespectful.  On top of that IF he is a high-schooler, (BIG IF) he spells & conducts himself like a fifth grader who has never seen a butt-woopin from his daddy.  Respect is earned & that is something they have earned through their play this year.........not the garbage talk.  

Look, I have been following the Hawks since '07 and have missed very few games over that span.  Garbage talk like this leads to problems in the program in my opinion.  If you want to talk trash, talk it on the field.  Ain't no room for this kind of junk on a forum from a player.  Coaches see this & if they are smart enough to figure out who it is.........that kid then becomes a target because it is known that he is hot-headed.  You just don't want that kind of #### to get in the way of a game plan in my opinion.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I'm not questioning anyone's authority or anything, but I feel like someone that has posted in the past while here should get themselves a little timeout. Really don't see how being so demeaning does not earn one. This is just an opinion.

Agreed.

2 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I'm pretty sure that was his last post regardless.

I would bet money he ain't a player.  It brings to mind someone like OT1.  Maybe somebody should check his IP address.

For all the trash talk on this thread, I will say that I think PG "should" win, but I also think Melissa "could" win.  It all depends on who plays better tonight, and that's all that matters.

Good luck to our D7 foes.  You've defeated better teams this year than this one, in my opinion, but you have to pull together and get it done.

1 minute ago, blackflag79 said:

I would bet money he ain't a player.  It brings to mind someone like OT1.  Maybe somebody should check his IP address.

I would take that bet.  I am pretty sure he is a player.  I know many of them & this behavior fits one of them real well.  I just hope it doesn't come back and bite him in the butt.

My dad told me a long time ago "Don't let that bulldog mouth overload that puppy dog behind" I think our young poster could really use that information as well.

8 minutes ago, PGHawkfan said:

You & I will have to disagree on this.  I like confidence & cockiness.  His post wasn't either.  It was plain out disrespectful.  On top of that IF he is a high-schooler, (BIG IF) he spells & conducts himself like a fifth grader who has never seen a butt-woopin from his daddy.  Respect is earned & that is something they have earned through their play this year.........not the garbage talk.  

Look, I have been following the Hawks since '07 and have missed very few games over that span.  Garbage talk like this leads to problems in the program in my opinion.  If you want to talk trash, talk it on the field.  Ain't no room for this kind of junk on a forum from a player.  Coaches see this & if they are smart enough to figure out who it is.........that kid then becomes a target because it is known that he is hot-headed.  You just don't want that kind of #### to get in the way of a game plan in my opinion.

Yeah, I don't see how we disagree.

Go Hawks!

3 minutes ago, PGHawkfan said:

I would take that bet.  I am pretty sure he is a player.  I know many of them & this behavior fits one of them real well.  I just hope it doesn't come back and bite him in the butt.

My dad told me a long time ago "Don't let that bulldog mouth overload that puppy dog behind" I think our young poster could really use that information as well.

Wow!  My Daddy was a DI in the Marine Corps, and he used to tell me the same thing.  If I didn't get it done, I could expect DOUBLE the pain when I got home.:injured:

While it may fit one of your players behavior, I still wouldn't count on it being him.  There's too many others that would come on here and put bulletin board material on here purposefully for motivation.  OT1 comes to mind.

10 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

I said the exact same thing earlier in this thread LOL. Reminded me of OT1.

9 minutes ago, PGHawkfan said:

We will know if he scores a touchdown. I'll be watching lol. I feel almost certain a yellow flag will follow.

4 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I said the exact same thing earlier in this thread LOL. Reminded me of OT1.

6 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

Wow!  My Daddy was a DI in the Marine Corps, and he used to tell me the same thing.  If I didn't get it done, I could expect DOUBLE the pain when I got home.:injured:

While it may fit one of your players behavior, I still wouldn't count on it being him.  There's too many others that would come on here and put bulletin board material on here purposefully for motivation.  OT1 comes to mind.

You guys might be right.

58 minutes ago, PGDad said:

Haha! Just getting a little bit of that ol fire back. I figure the Melissa posters will give me plenty of ammo to bring back some of the belligerence:) 

You're right Hawkfan but these boys are brutes on the football field as well. That Hawk fire and confidence is one of our most powerful weapons...it does border on cockiness but that fire and drive will help get us that DUB!

CAN'T BE BEAT!

There is a big difference between fire and confidence and just flat being rude, offensive and disrespectful. I'm definitely ok with players and fans having confidence and doing some smack talking, but his posts are over the line. I don't care if he is a player (which I doubt), a fan, your boy as you have called him or just a poster trying to stir up trouble, no one, not even you or any poster should condone his conduct. 

16 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

For all the trash talk on this thread, I will say that I think PG "should" win, but I also think Melissa "could" win.  It all depends on who plays better tonight, and that's all that matters.

Good luck to our D7 foes.  You've defeated better teams this year than this one, in my opinion, but you have to pull together and get it done.

I too am wondering the answer to this.. Arkansas High? They finished reg season 5-5 and even though they are 6A in AR class if they were in TX would be 4A D1..so nope. Paris...umm nope. Gilmer? nope ..Celina? nope..Aubrey?...nope..I'm also think nope to Pitt and L-E.