Pleasant Grove vs Melissa 4A Div2 Region Two Final

futfan

PG vs Melissa Reg 2 Final  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who represents Region Two?

7 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

little itty bitty bat thingy

BatMaker02
I wouldn't be surprised if Coach had a talk with players about getting on here, at least until the season is over.

Might be better to keep them focused. That other guy may just be a rogue Thunder...

1 minute ago, futfan said:

BatMaker02
I wouldn't be surprised if Coach had a talk with players about getting on here, at least until the season is over.

Might be better to keep them focused. That other guy may just be a rogue Thunder...

I figured he was a coach. 

• Like 1

The grove has done fairly well against teams who have a spread offense. If Melissa takes to the air a lot like L.E.  did? Well we know how that worked out. While I will certainly say that the Melissa QB is a duel threat QB, in my opinion he is not the athlete Decorian Phillips is. The Grove harassed Phillips all night and picked him off 3 times. The Grove Defense can certainly cause problems for Melissas offense.

I certainly hope you're right PGprime, but a word of advice from somebody who's been there, done that.  Never, ever underestimate an opponent.  If you do at this stage of the playoffs, you will be going home.  I like the idea, and the confidence to say you won't be denied, though.  Refuse to lose is what I say, and I've seen that attitude before make a team overcome.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blackflag79 said:

I certainly hope you're right PGprime, but a word of advice from somebody who's been there, done that.  Never, ever underestimate an opponent.  If you do at this stage of the playoffs, you will be going home.  I like the idea, and the confidence to say you won't be denied, though.  Refuse to lose is what I say, and I've seen that attitude before make a team overcome.

/\ABSOLUTELY/\

Y'all can say what you want about PgPrime, try to father him all you want, scold him, so forth, but you gotta love the confidence. May or may not be a PG player, but if it is, the state of mind is right. If you ask most kids if they will win Friday, or in my experiences, they shrug, throw some "if's" in there, maybe an unconvincing "Yes sir." Hypothetically speaking, if this is a player, you can tell he has zero doubts. 

22 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Y'all can say what you want about PgPrime, try to father him all you want, scold him, so forth, but you gotta love the confidence. May or may not be a PG player, but if it is, the state of mind is right. If you ask most kids if they will win Friday, or in my experiences, they shrug, throw some "if's" in there, maybe an unconvincing "Yes sir." Hypothetically speaking, if this is a player, you can tell he has zero doubts. 

I remember asking Buckeye players in '04, '09, and '14 the question of whether they will win "this Friday", and their unequivocal answers were always, "Yes sir!"  They exuded a calm and quiet confidence that you could just feel.  What happened?  You guessed it.

Just looking at the Melissa filmclips.......this team reminds me of the 2012 Argyle team.  That year, the Eagles lost the first game of the season before reeling off 11 consecutive wins.  They lost to Gilmer in the 3rd Round and Gilmer won State that year.  Argyle had a young, athletic team that year......and the next year went 16-0 to win the SC title.  Not saying Melissa can't win it this year......I picked them in my State Championship Bracket for this division.  Just saying their make-up......youth, athleticism, and team chemistry......looks very similar to the 2012/2013 Argyle team.

13 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Just looking at the Melissa filmclips.......this team reminds me of the 2012 Argyle team.  That year, the Eagles lost the first game of the season before reeling off 11 consecutive wins.  They lost to Gilmer in the 3rd Round and Gilmer won State that year.  Argyle had a young, athletic team that year......and the next year went 16-0 to win the SC title.  Not saying Melissa can't win it this year......I picked them in my State Championship Bracket for this division.  Just saying their make-up......youth, athleticism, and team chemistry......looks very similar to the 2012/2013 Argyle team.

Actually, we lost in the title game to a little ol' team named Navasota that year.  It wasn't pretty.......at all......., but everybody was surprised that particular team went as far as they did.

Can we get back to talking football? Advantages/Disadvantages- Strengths/Weakness, game plan, matchups,

For example:

How does PG stop the pass. Melissa has a pretty thick passing play book. It includes fake reverse passes and half back passes.

I know # 13 for the Grove can run with any receiver but he will be giving up a significant height advantage to some of the Melissa receivers. #12 in particular.

PG cannot afford to let that QB get comfortable. Melissa likes to get the ball to #8 underneath also. Jackson and Benson need to wreck havoc on this Melissa offense.

6 minutes ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Speed kills. And PG has it all over the field. Those running backs!!  Wow. 

2,21,22 may be the fastest 3 running backs on one team I’ve ever seen 

Lol nah,  don't get crazy with it. They're a solid backfield though.