Pleasant Grove vs Melissa 4A Div2 Region Two Final

futfan

PG vs Melissa Reg 2 Final  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who represents Region Two?

11 hours ago, Hawkguy888 said:

So, with this weather that’s going to be in the 30’s and those strong Paris winds, how bad does this affect the passing game and  which team do you think this favors?  

I'm seeing 39 degrees at kickoff, but wind only at 5 mph. 

I don't think the weather will play too big of a role on either side. Yeah, may make it a little tougher to throw and catch, but these are both good football teams. Both coaching staffs are well aware of the weather I'm sure, and I doubt they will make a big deal out of it.

Saying that, I still think Melissa gets the W. Can't wait for Friday. Best of luck to you PG guys. Win or lose, I hope Region Two wins the whole thing.

15 hours ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

On another note, with Friday just around the corner I want to take the time to say that all smack talk aside as a Melissa supporter, best of luck to PG and congrats on the successful season and program. And if PG wins come Friday then I’ll be pulling for ya from then on out hopefully all the way to a SC. But until then Go Cards RED! RED! Also, safe travels for everybody planning to attend and God Bless.

Now that's Class!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Now that's Class!

Thank you for the kind words. I would like to think that if Melissa is to win that the same would be said about us. At this point with only 2 games to play for a SC appearance I personally think everybody should be behind rooting on Region 2 to a title regardless of who represents us. 

PG is 3 point favorite. I think its going to be a good game. Cant blame us Hawk fans for being so positive about this team. We have been watching them dominate since 7th grade. We knew this time was coming and so did others that follow the area teams. Their not slowing down. For good measure the seniors (who went undefeated in middle school) have the sophomores (who went undefeated in middle school) all together. This team is crazy deep!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

Thank you for the kind words. I would like to think that if Melissa is to win that the same would be said about us. At this point with only 2 games to play for a SC appearance I personally think everybody should be behind rooting on Region 2 to a title regardless of who represents us. 

You bet! Best of luck to Melissa. Just not this week

• LOL! 1

15 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

PG is 3 point favorite. I think its going to be a good game. Cant blame us Hawk fans for being so positive about this team. We have been watching them dominate since 7th grade. We knew this time was coming and so did others that follow the area teams. Their not slowing down. For good measure the seniors (who went undefeated in middle school) have the sophomores (who went undefeated in middle school) all together. This team is crazy deep!

Ahhhhh memories!

DSC_0654.JPG

DSC_0631.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NTXballgamer11 said:

45-20!?! Hahahaha, you must be high! Also at this point in playoffs every team left has worked hard all summer and season. 

Nothing funny just facts! Not all teams have worked the same and we will see tomorrow who the real deal is!

Let me play Devil's Advocate for a minute if you will...both teams have good versatile QB's that are valuable to each team.  It's cold and Lord forbid but one of them get's hurt early....which team has the backup QB that can step in a steer the ship to victory.  Which team can win without a passing game, line up and control the clock and blow the other team off the ball all night long.  I have my own opinions but want to hear everyone else's opinion.

23 minutes ago, 1utexfan said:

Let me play Devil's Advocate for a minute if you will...both teams have good versatile QB's that are valuable to each team.  It's cold and Lord forbid but one of them get's hurt early....which team has the backup QB that can step in a steer the ship to victory.  Which team can win without a passing game, line up and control the clock and blow the other team off the ball all night long.  I have my own opinions but want to hear everyone else's opinion.

What the hell is wrong with you? Why would you put that bad juju on either of them boys? In the name of all that is holy, I rebuke this in the name of the football gods!

Safe trip tomorrow folks, let's have a good game with no injuries and good luck!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PGDad said:

What the hell is wrong with you? Why would you put that bad juju on either of them boys? In the name of all that is holy, I rebuke this in the name of the football gods!

Safe trip tomorrow folks, let's have a good game with no injuries and good luck!

Thank you. I second this! 

I was finally able to watch some film on PG and they have a very impressive team, but what 13-0 team wouldn't be. The skill players 4, 21, 22 all standout as great ball players. On defense 3, 5 & 90 are studs. I love when big ol 90 rumbled in with a fumble return TD. The Kicker seems more like what you would see at a 6A school. Just like Melissa's The QB does not seem like a soph and seems very poised.

I'm not unfamiliar with the PG program as an Argyle follower I witnessed them knock off the Eagles in the 3rd round at Royse City back in 09. That Hawk team was loaded with speed the caused all sorts of matchup issues for Argyle and this team looks even faster.

I think Melissa is actually a very similar type team any many ways but feel like PG D is a little better and the PG line play is a little more physical, but Melissa QB more elusive and more of a dynamic playmaker. In all 3 playoff games Melissa has gotten off to slow start trailing 0-6, 0-14 and 0-14. In the Lincoln game the cards didn't even score their 1st TD until less than 2 min left in the 1st quarter then had 45 points by halftime. If Melissa gets off to that slow start against PG I think it's lights out and party over.

I'd be shocked if this wasn't a close game. Even redneckery math of point differential with the 3 common opponents suggests so. With Celina results of +21 for MHS, +19 for PG. Aubrey results of +26 for MHS, +28 for PG and Gilmer results of +12 for MHS and +3 for PG. HS football really all about matchups and think this one is a dandy and can't wait til tomorrow night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1utexfan said:

I’m with PGdad. “Don’t you put that on me Ricky Bobby”! But on the subject, Melissa’s backup QB is the current WR #8 Whittington who was the staring QB for the last 3 seasons but gave up the QB role for the good of the team with #1 Lewis being such a dual threat and the switch also allowed for Whittington to play a defensive role this year which he has thrived at. So, if one was to go down then it’s always the role of next man up, which is a 3 year starter Senior who may not be as elusive but can still run and throw the heck out of the ball.

I'm just letting y'all know before hand, if it's 39 degrees, it's feels like 5 degrees in Paris. Coldest place to play a football game. Atlanta/Melissa 2014 was almost the day I took my last breath. Bring warm clothes and a heater, blankets even.